British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Surely if a club wants to sign a rider who was in the draft and put them in the top 5 they can do?

Surely if a club wants to sign a rider who was in the draft and put them in the top 5 they can do?

They can unless Poole object.

• Like 1

When Doyley gets to a 11 point average we can take this statement seriously!

At this moment even Doyley would not claim he is as good as Jason C was...That said, Doyley has finished top of the elite league averages this year in a race meeting format which for a No. 1 is far tougher than when Crumpy reigned supreme so lets give credit where credit is due. Also I think we can agree Doyley is the most improved top rider for some years and has destroyed the myth raised by some folk just a couple of season's ago that he would never be a "true no. 1" Lets hope we get to see him and a few other GP riders in UK next year.

• Like 2

I have a feeling that Jason Doyle will be back at the Lions again next year. DH will pull out all the stops to make sure they manage to keep him happy for another few seasons. How he is goung to do this I don't know.

Maybe we will find out what the plans are for next season after the AGM.

I have a feeling that Jason Doyle will be back at the Lions again next year. DH will pull out all the stops to make sure they manage to keep him happy for another few seasons. How he is goung to do this I don't know.

Maybe we will find out what the plans are for next season after the AGM.

I guess DH made Doyley feel so valued when buying him from Swindon, oh wait a minute that didn't happen either!!.

I'd be surprised if his average was lower than 7.50 at the end of next season.

i wouldnt, he just didnt seem to be at the races last season, getting passed by bjerrre at home was embarrassing

At this moment even Doyley would not claim he is as good as Jason C was...That said, Doyley has finished top of the elite league averages this year in a race meeting format which for a No. 1 is far tougher than when Crumpy reigned supreme so lets give credit where credit is due. Also I think we can agree Doyley is the most improved top rider for some years and has destroyed the myth raised by some folk just a couple of season's ago that he would never be a "true no. 1" Lets hope we get to see him and a few other GP riders in UK next year.

Doyley is a terrific rider and may well win tomorrows gp but if Crump rode in the EL now he would still be almost unbeatable which cannot be said of Doyley. Doyle has made amazing progress in the last two seasons and could well challenge for the gp title next season but he has a long way to go before you can say he is as good as Crump was.

Edited by foreverblue

cant imagine doyle competing for the title,despite his improvement. cant see beyond woffy for a while yet

cant imagine doyle competing for the title,despite his improvement. cant see beyond woffy for a while yet

Pawlicki and Zmarzlik are not going to make up the numbers and Doyle and Janowski are getting better and better. Hampel and Dudek will push for a Poland top four also

Be great if Sayfutdinov would be back but unlikely

Pawlicki and Zmarzlik are not going to make up the numbers and Doyle and Janowski are getting better and better. Hampel and Dudek will push for a Poland top four also

Be great if Sayfutdinov would be back but unlikely

Thought this was Bees 2016 thread?

Thought this was Bees 2016 thread?

Bees threads tend to get hijacked pretty easily onto something else!

Just answering the post saying there is some top class riders around still and Doyle is rightly the world number 5 and could be a Coventry signing if they were in for him and he wanted a Friday track.

Personally as long as they are not all classed as heat leaders Coventry I think could be Kasprzak, Harris, Kylmakorpi, King, (Robbo or someone), Garrity and a 3 point number seven.

• Like 1

With no Magic or Zagar in 2016 we need to get a move on signing riders. Just having a team built up to the limit will be a major advantage in 2016! Just not with Summers or Zengota.