Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

I agree, it goes against the principle of the FTR system completely.

Barker, along with some others rumoured to be included in this system, shouldn't be.

[/iquote]

Including Lewis Bridger.

Davey Watt is a good committed rider who is loyal to the EL, think he would make a great third heat leader in any team.

The ceiling for fast track riders seems to be creeping up - give it a couple of more years and Scott Nicholls will be eligible!

• Like 1

I thought the fast track was for up and coming riders. Barker and Bridger have been around for ever caught in a sort of twilight zone between PL and EL!

Tbh it really should be 3 Brits, one having to be under 21 (or maybe u,23)

Pl should need to be 3 or 4 Brits, one under 21 and one under 23.

Depends what you want the draft rule too achieve. If you want the good ones too improve more then it needs to be more competitive, I wouldn't mind Barker, Worrall and Bridger being in it too help achieve that. Get them involved in it and now that they can get promoted to the top 5 it makes the league much more competitive and stronger at the same time

If you want it just to give youngsters rides then fair enough but dont moan if they are outclassed

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

Is Bridger making yet another come back. Nowhere near Coventry I hope?!

Think he said he was road racing next year but it wouldn't surprise me.

well thats the end then, looks like they have given up. once your out the stadium in a new venue nothing will happen

1 year left.

Pretty much knew all that didnt we. Highly unlikely a new stadium will be ready in 2017 even if they do announce the new site by Christmas. Horton is just exploring options because lets face it Horton doesn't have the means to build a new track, we are basically at the mercy of Sandhu and Heaver to provide that. A temporary move to Leicester would only work for a year or two.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

Pretty much knew all that didnt we. Highly unlikely a new stadium will be ready in 2017 even if they do announce the new site by Christmas. Horton is just exploring options because lets face it Horton doesn't have the means to build a new track, we are basically at the mercy of Sandhu and Heaver to provide that. A temporary move to Leicester would only work for a year or two.

And how many Bees fans do you think will go to liecster I guess a lot of the older population will not and the track is crap
  • Like 1

And how many Bees fans do you think will go to liecster I guess a lot of the older population will not and the track is crap

Part of the reason why I said it'll work for a year or two. I can understand a short term move but it would only work if their was movement about building a new stadium. Why would fans bother going to Leicester after a year or two if there wasn't something for us to look forward to?

Edited by woz01

Is Bridger making yet another come back. Nowhere near Coventry I hope?!

Well someone has to replace Hans, so who better than Lewis ?

Part of the reason why I said it'll work for a year or two. I can understand a short term move but it would only work if their was movement about building a new stadium. Why would fans bother going to Leicester after a year or two if there wasn't something for us to look forward to?

Do you think maybe if Sandu big if builds a new stadium he may run it with Heaver as promoter .Also it said on the BBC bit that the if the new stadium got the go ahead it was in the Rugby area ?