Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

So, as the 2015 season draws to a close, an eye is being cast towards 2016 and we will be looking at a few changes in the Tigers line up. Personally I would like to see Stead, Bates and Garrity retained for another year.

• Like 1

Yes,keep those three plus Arthur and maybe one of Taylor Poole/Ty Proctor depending on top four state quaification.

David Bellego might be worth another season but would need to really improve his away form.

Surely Sissis and Castagna must be as lose to certainties as it gets too?

That said, I have heard rumours that if the EL needs numbers.....

Why the hell would anyone want Castagna in the team next season ?

What average would Stead be on ? , I would think over 10 which makes him unviable IMO.

Also hearing Ash could be taking a year out at least and Sissis didn't do enough for me either.

Time for fresh faces with just Bates and Garrity from this years team and I would also be getting in quick for Adam Ellis as well.

Surely Sissis and Castagna must be as lose to certainties as it gets too?

That said, I have heard rumours that if the EL needs numbers.....

Sissis nailed on for 2016 IMO.

Elite will sure need numbers if Coventry are to drop down, as is the rumour. 😵

Elite will sure need numbers if Coventry are to drop down, as is the rumour.

Not Coventry but another team not a million miles away! Rumours are of 2 out and 4 in :o Two PL clubs going NL too. Looks like this winter could be one of the most interesting for a very long time - we may finally be about to get that shake up the sport needs. Personally, I'm convinced if all these teams move around that the EL is going to be less Elite than ever before, but maybe thats what we need?

First and foremost do not want Elite League speedway.

So me has to be Premier League.

I think that you have to nail on Garrity, Stead and Bates straight off, from this seasons squad of riders.

Of the rest.

Ty Proctor would be a rider that I would have providing he qualifies through the State Championship.

David Bellego, love watching him around Sheffield but far to inconsistent away from home.

Andre Compton, pretty much the same as Bellego.

Nicolai Klindt, not done enough for me and a bit of a gating tart.

Ash Birks, more or less ruled himself out.

Robin Aspregen, would have given him another go but been a Swede and Sheffield been a Thursday track would be able to commit to a full season, I doubt it.

Arthur Sissis, providing he fanices coming back I think that I would give him another go.

Paco Castangna, again another one who I would give another go.

So with that in mind I have gone for;

(1) Simon Stead

(2) Adam Ellis or Dimetri Berge

(3) Ty Proctor

(4) Josh Bates

(5) Jason Garrity

(6) Arthur Sissis

(7) Paco Castangna

Stead

Bates

Bellego

Compton

Proctor

Sissis

Castagna/Wajknecht

We made the playoffs this year by concentrating on home wins, if it wasn't for injuries and visa's.....who knows. Should stick to a good home team.

Stead

Bates

Bellego

Compton

Proctor

Sissis

Castagna/Wajknecht

We made the playoffs this year by concentrating on home wins, if it wasn't for injuries and visa's.....who knows. Should stick to a good home team.

and the help from some very good guests. now you are back in the room ! ! ! !

After listening to talking tigers there's two things nailed on for next year. 1. Ash Birks is taking a year out and 2. We're more than likely to see a Premier League draft system come into place. Which does us no favours since we've got Castanga & Sissis on 3 pt averages. Very difficult to speculate on the team since we don't know the build up of the league or how it'll be set out, but I think we can say for certain that Stead and Bates will be back next season.

The Premier league draft system is a possibility but as Rob Godfrey has pointed out recently there are those Promoters in The PL that want to stick with a strong no 6 and are opposing the draft system.

We will have to see who wins the battle ... status quo or breed more young Brits

Personally , I would love to see the PL have a British draft system as were are long overdue a stint of breeding our own riders instead of being a learning curve for Young European riders.