British Speedway Forum

just seems strange to me that a reserve in the el now could be a pl number 1, ie, steve worrall or josh auty, , would the system be run same as el? 2 reserve races?

just seems strange to me that a reserve in the el now could be a pl number 1, ie, steve worrall or josh auty, , would the system be run same as el? 2 reserve races?

Surely thats a sign of how good the draft has become. There was a time that EL reserves were journey foreigners, some capable of being PL number 1s. The EL brought in a load of British kids and are now seeing them rise to the level of the ex-EL reserve by becoming decent PL riders and now being talked about as being capable of holding down an EL 1-5 place.

I'd be quiet happy for Sheffield to have a bash in the Elite! If the FTD stays, could still use Bates at reserve along with maybe Sargeant. Steady would slot in the top 5 and I'm sure the promotion could get in some good names for us to be competitive.

Love to see the likes of Holder, Janowski and NKI fly round Owlerton!

Can't see it being a bad thing at all, just depends if thats what the promotion want or not just yet.

Think the bad things would be increased prices, missing riders, no continuity of race night, no discernible difference in the standard of racing for the most part, having to read/listen to people whinge about everything being Pooles fault, less meetings?, riders saying they are injured on any night of the week when their Polish, Swedish or Danish club are not riding etc etc

I would no doubt enjoy the racing as I enjoy speedway generally, but I don't feel the need for us to go Elite

• Like 5

Think the bad things would be increased prices, missing riders, no continuity of race night, no discernible difference in the standard of racing for the most part, having to read/listen to people whinge about everything being Pooles fault, less meetings?, riders saying they are injured on any night of the week when their Polish, Swedish or Danish club are not riding etc etc

I would no doubt enjoy the racing as I enjoy speedway generally, but I don't feel the need for us to go Elite

Couldn't agree more, majority of teams fans that have gone from PL to EL can't wait to go back to PL or even NL. Edited by Tigerite
  • Like 3

Sheffield will not go Elite League, I'm sure the promotion and still building up in the PL after years in the wilderness

I'd be quiet happy for Sheffield to have a bash in the Elite! If the FTD stays, could still use Bates at reserve along with maybe Sargeant. Steady would slot in the top 5 and I'm sure the promotion could get in some good names for us to be competitive.

Love to see the likes of Holder, Janowski and NKI fly round Owlerton!

Can't see it being a bad thing at all, just depends if thats what the promotion want or not just yet.

read this post, leave it a few weeks, read it again, leave it a few weeks, read it again, leave it a few weeks, read it again, leave it a few weeks, read it again. thats like watchng elite racing all the season. ground hog day....welcome to it. pl any day..

There has been talk of Sheffield going EL before, obviously they have the facilities, but it didn't happen then and I cant see what has changed for it to happen now.

• Like 1

Its felt like a dry run for the EL with all the thursday nights we've sat at home because we had no one to ride against.

Maybe Tai would ride on a thursday at the track that gave him his PL debut!

IMO it's best to wait for the AGM before thinking of teams for next season. If they lower the points limit substantially in the PL, it would not really be viable for teams to sign up the likes of Simon Stead, Craig Cook, Danny King etc. Who knows what they will come up with, but I definitely do not want us to go EL.

1. Stead

2. Castagna

3. Bates

4. Garrity

5. Kurtz

6. Sissis

7. Wajknecht

Now for Spinny to do the math!

• Like 1

1. Stead

2. Castagna

3. Bates

4. Garrity

5. Kurtz

6. Sissis

7. Wajknecht

To the naked eye I would say its over the limit.

1. Stead

2. Castagna

3. Bates

4. Garrity

5. Kurtz

6. Sissis

7. Wajknecht

Whose a clever boy checked and it is just under the limit comes in at 42.43,

But more than likely be:

1. Stead

2. Bates

3. Proctor/Bellego

4. Compton

5. Garrity

6. Sissis

7. Castagna

But more than likely be:

1. Stead

2. Bates

3. Proctor/Bellego

4. Compton

5. Garrity

6. Sissis

7. Castagna

only if they raise the points limit for both permutations.

read this post, leave it a few weeks, read it again, leave it a few weeks, read it again, leave it a few weeks, read it again, leave it a few weeks, read it again. thats like watchng elite racing all the season. ground hog day....welcome to it. pl any day..

Can't disagree with that to be fair. Think there could be a lot of ups and downs of teams in every league for next season. Can't see their being 8 EL teams again by the sounds of things.

Would be more than happy to stay PL, and hopefully carry on from this season bar the injuries.. Keeping hold of Bates, Garrity and Stead is a must.