British Speedway Forum

Spoke to a person who attended this meeting,and they said it was good again some old Sheffield riders were present Also Jack Lee was there for the first time and when my friend asked him about this season he said he would not be team manager i am disappointed at this news,Thought he did a good job last year ,and he was the first real team manager we had for some years ,dont know why this as happened but sorry he as left are the new promoters hard to work for Screenie only lasted one season also

Damian Bates said that there would be news on the team manager over the next couple of weeks.

I did think Ash would probably be the prime candidate - he was already meant to be getting involved in the training track I seem to recall

Sheffield has been awarded the PLRC (on Sunday 11 September) and also the British U21 Final (on Thursday 14 April).

Hopefully the clash on 11 September with the final round of Polish Divn 1 fixtures will not lead to any Riders missing the PLRC, as Danny King did last year.

I did think Ash would probably be the prime candidate - he was already meant to be getting involved in the training track I seem to recall

He's been appointed as Commercial Manager.

• Like 1

Great article in the Star about Matousek, I remember loving to watch him tide, but don't think I was old enough to realise how good he actually was on the works scene

Great article in the Star about Matousek, I remember loving to watch him tide, but don't think I was old enough to realise how good he actually was on the works scene

Any idea which club he rode for in Czech

So far i think Sheffield are my tip for the top: Stead & Garrity are a great top 2. Howarth a decent third heat leader. Big season for Josh Bates starting out of the reserve berth for the first time.

Not long now before the season starts lets hope we can get an injury free season for a change.Good luck to all our team members.Play offs minimum hopefully.

So far i think Sheffield are my tip for the top: Stead & Garrity are a great top 2. Howarth a decent third heat leader. Big season for Josh Bates starting out of the reserve berth for the first time.

My money's on Josh to go like the clappers this season and depose Howarth for the third heat leader spot.