Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

when you don't get paid for months it has an effect on your performance and thats what happened to Kyle

Howarth was worse than disappointing for the best part of two seasons at Worky, so even if it's true about his pay, you can't blame that. Time will tell! Let's see how he comes on at Sheffield. A season away from Worky will do Howarth good - and from what I know, a season away from Howarth will do Worky good!

Howarth was worse than disappointing for the best part of two seasons at Worky, so even if it's true about his pay, you can't blame that. Time will tell! Let's see how he comes on at Sheffield. A season away from Worky will do Howarth good - and from what I know, a season away from Howarth will do Worky good!

He could not have been that bad.

Start of the 2015 season Kyle start as the third heatleader.

By late June he was the Workington number 1.

• Like 1

good to see he stuck it out with no pay and then went on holiday skiing in 2015 , but still came back in 2015..

He could not have been that bad.

Start of the 2015 season Kyle start as the third heatleader.

By late June he was the Workington number 1.

kyle was a british neuclear no 1. (B.N.F.L.) But. Not. For. Long )...

If I remember right he was pretty poor away, not only him, and at home he was a bit hit and miss, not always gating well. He didn't do well at number one, maybe a bit soon for him. Though he increased his average a little, more was expected.

Edited by comet49

I saw Kyle Howarth guest for Somerset against us at the OTA earlier last season and he was awesome that night, very happy to have him in our team especially as 3rd heat leader.

• Like 1

I saw Kyle Howarth guest for Somerset against us at the OTA earlier last season and he was awesome that night, very happy to have him in our team especially as 3rd heat leader.

Got to agree, I think that he will be a quality signing.

It all depends on which Kyle you get. Too often he was concentrating on his EL team and just messing around with us, riding the white line and going through the motions, when he lost his ride at Swindon his form dipped badly and he didn't seem interested. A new club might well be the making of the lad and if that's the case then Worky will have a valuable asset still which can only be a good thing.

• Like 2

I think Sheffield have a very decent side for this season, and will take a bit of stopping. An out and out No1, and in Bates, Garrity and Howarth, three riders very capable of backing Stead up. Young Berge should enjoy Owlerton as a home track, but much will depend on Richard Hall, if he scores at reserve as he should then I think Sheffield are the team to beat for 2016.

So Kyle started the season with a 6.57 average and ended with a 6.98 average, including having had a spell at number 1 riding against the best riders in the league every race... not sure that I follow the logic of saying that he had a bad year.

• Like 2

So Kyle started the season with a 6.57 average and ended with a 6.98 average, including having had a spell at number 1 riding against the best riders in the league every race... not sure that I follow the logic of saying that he had a bad year.

you would have if you had seen him week in , week out and followed his away scores . i hope you get the proper kyle in 2016.

It all depends on which Kyle you get. Too often he was concentrating on his EL team and just messing around with us, riding the white line and going through the motions, when he lost his ride at Swindon his form dipped badly and he didn't seem interested. A new club might well be the making of the lad and if that's the case then Worky will have a valuable asset still which can only be a good thing.

I don't think that he progressed as much as some thought he would last season, but I think that Kyle has changed a few things for the start of this season.

Obviously he has changed his Premier League team, I do think that he stayed at Workington a season or two longer than he should have.

He also has a new Elite League team after flitting between three teams Poole, Coventry and Swindon and moved onto Wolverhampton and for the first time he has taken his place in the draft system something most riders of his age and ability has done for the last two seasons. This should see him picking up more points with the easier rides and winning races and decent points scored should see his confidence grow, something appeared to missed last season especially when Swindon dropped him.

oh dear mr stead. feeling a bit sorry for ya a.t.m.