Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

that has got to be a good thing!

Edited by Cue Ball

Good to see the Sheffield promotion are looking to the future, great signing!

• Like 1

Promising local prospect - "you know it makes sense".

Good one.

Edited by Willowman

so is he an asset ?

or just signed ?

From the Sheffield Star:-

Sheffield co-owner Damien Bates has warned his under-fire reserves they could face the axe if their performances don’t improve. Tigers saw their winless run extended to five meetings as they were held to a 45-45 draw by Ipswich at Owlerton last Thursday. It was another disappointing result for the Yorkshiremen, despite a great night of racing, and leaves them in danger of missing out on the Premier League play-offs if things don’t improve. Now they aim to get back to winning ways in a crucial clash with top of the table Somerset at Owlerton next Thursday. And Bates has admitted struggling duo Arthur Sissis and Nathan Greaves need to turn things around quickly or their team places could be under severe threat. Said Bates: “We’ve put this team together to win trophies, and the way things are going we aren’t going to do that. It’s clear where we are falling short at the moment, and the two reserves both know they have to improve. We can’t afford to carry them for much longer, we need more points in the lower order if we are going to get anything out of the rest of the season so we will make changes if we have to. We know they are capable of it, but they both need to pull their finger out and start scoring some more points. They aren’t the only ones struggling, Steady started the season as a 10 point rider but is only averaging about eight and a half which is a big drop off we didn’t expect. He’s coming back from a serious injury though and is still scoring important points. Kyle Howarth and Dimitri Berge both struggled but they’ve won us plenty of meetings this season so they could be afforded an off night. It’s been all season pretty much we’ve been struggling at reserve though, so we need things to change sooner rather than later."

From the Sheffield Star:-

Sheffield co-owner Damien Bates has warned his under-fire reserves they could face the axe if their performances don’t improve. Tigers saw their winless run extended to five meetings as they were held to a 45-45 draw by Ipswich at Owlerton last Thursday. It was another disappointing result for the Yorkshiremen, despite a great night of racing, and leaves them in danger of missing out on the Premier League play-offs if things don’t improve. Now they aim to get back to winning ways in a crucial clash with top of the table Somerset at Owlerton next Thursday. And Bates has admitted struggling duo Arthur Sissis and Nathan Greaves need to turn things around quickly or their team places could be under severe threat. Said Bates: “We’ve put this team together to win trophies, and the way things are going we aren’t going to do that. It’s clear where we are falling short at the moment, and the two reserves both know they have to improve. We can’t afford to carry them for much longer, we need more points in the lower order if we are going to get anything out of the rest of the season so we will make changes if we have to. We know they are capable of it, but they both need to pull their finger out and start scoring some more points. They aren’t the only ones struggling, Steady started the season as a 10 point rider but is only averaging about eight and a half which is a big drop off we didn’t expect. He’s coming back from a serious injury though and is still scoring important points. Kyle Howarth and Dimitri Berge both struggled but they’ve won us plenty of meetings this season so they could be afforded an off night. It’s been all season pretty much we’ve been struggling at reserve though, so we need things to change sooner rather than later."

JPB reaches 16 on 2nd September. 6 days later Sheffield have a tricky away clash at Ipswich, followed by a home encounter with Somerset. If I were Nathan Greaves I'd be looking over my shoulder in 3 weeks time.

Well we made one reserve change earlier this season, but I reckon the points Richard Hall would have scored, since the change, would exceed the amount Arthur Sissis has scored. Hope any change is for the better this time.

• Like 1

JPB reaches 16 on 2nd September. 6 days later Sheffield have a tricky away clash at Ipswich, followed by a home encounter with Somerset. If I were Nathan Greaves I'd be looking over my shoulder in 3 weeks time.

Nathan Greaves has not improved in the last 2 seasons.

This subject was discussed on the Sheffield V Peterborough thread over a week ago, it's ok talking about it, but talking ain't going to resolve the issue. Greaves just isn't going to improve no matter how harshly he's spoken to, he just isn't ready for the Premier league. Actions speak louder than words and as was said over a week ago it's no good waiting whilst things get worse. If changes are to be made, make them now.

Edited by Steve55

The averages for this season in the SS show that of the regular number 6s, only Max Clegg has a lower average than Arthur, and for the number 7s, only Danny Phillips has a lower average than Nathan.

Nathan hasn't shown any improvement this season, but Arthur had a good meeting against Newcastle last month, so hopefully better scores from him could be on the way.

If we are going replace one or both of the reserves then it has to be with riders that will do better than what we have already got.

And I don't see anyone out there that could do it.

I think it is wrong to put all of blame at the reserves, all season the team has been pretty inconsistent.

One thing that the Management needs to do is stop tinkering with the riding order.

If all of the team are fit qw should stick with.

(1) Stead

(2) Berge

(3) Howarth

(4) Bates

(5) Howarth

(6) Sissis

(7) Greaves

If we are going replace one or both of the reserves then it has to be with riders that will do better than what we have already got.

And I don't see anyone out there that could do it.

I think it is wrong to put all of blame at the reserves, all season the team has been pretty inconsistent.

One thing that the Management needs to do is stop tinkering with the riding order.

If all of the team are fit qw should stick with.

(1) Stead

(2) Berge

(3) Howarth

(4) Bates

(5) Howarth

(6) Sissis

(7) Greaves

Kyle Howarth is going to be busy :D .

• Like 3

Kyle Howarth is going to be busy :D .

Well Done for spotting the deliberate mistake. :D:D

Should read Garrity at 5.

Agree that Berge should be at 2, for some reason he rides better in that position

Well Done for spotting the deliberate mistake. :D:D

Should read Garrity at 5.

Alway's knew it was deliberate just making sure we are observant ;) .

• Like 1