British Speedway Forum
Super Blue

16 Lap Classic, Ipswich 24-9-15 At 7-45pm

Oh well, it's been moved forward due to our lack of involvement in the playoffs and is the last chance to see some speedway at Foxhall this season.

Personally I'm looking forward to it because it's unique and the most gruelling race in the world!

Although much watered down as far as top riders are concerned compared to years ago there's nothing quite like seeing 8 riders from 2 sets of tapes hurtling towards the first bend in the ultimate test of Man and machine.

The line-up includes all 7 Witches plus

Alex Davies

Pack Castagne

Carl Wilkinson

Kevin Doolan

Scott Nicholls

Let's hope we get some decent racing and a good crowd to close our season in style!

Footnote,

I know it's not strictly the end of season for the Witches as we are still involved in the Premier League 4's final but as that's on a Thursday in Redcar not many fans are likely or able to make the journey. (Sadly)

It is a rather special sight when they all go speeding into the 1st bend from the start . Don't care the field is not as star studded as people would like I'll be there . Going for a Covatti win

It used to be even better with the 8 riders when the silencers made more noise.

Speedway used to be much better with straight through exhausts and the smell of Castrol 'R'. :t::approve: :approve:

Aahhhh!! - Those were the halcyon days. :approve: :approve:

• Like 1

According to Ipswich Witches Twitter, its Michele Castagna.

That's right Michele PACO Castagna

WK...the smell was one of the best things about actually being there. That and getting covered in flying dirt. In the early 60's at Rye House I would stand right up against the fence on the first bend (no dog track in the way) and duck as the riders went past..

Ah the smell used to carry for miles across the heath

Why do we only occasionally get the smell now? Or is nostalgia letting me think the smell was always there back in the day!

Edited by bruno

Bring 'em back!

Is it just me being cynical or did that flu come on a bit quick he was obviously fine at the weekend in Poland.

• Like 1