British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle 2016

My main concern before the announcement on Sunday 27th September is that we will be running in 2016. Hopefully George will tell us we are still running next year despite some low crowds in 2015.

All supposing we continue who do you want in our team (hopefully a Premier League team)

The shopping list has to start with our assets

Steve Worrall

He has established himself as our number 1 and has emerged as our only bona fide heatleader. I hope he will be back as our number 1 in 2016

Christian Henry

I think the time has come for Christian to call it a day, I would welcome him back but only if he could start as a reserve

Lewi Kerr

I have no idea how fit Lewi will be. His injury was so bad, perhaps he will be told not to ride again but as if by a miracle if he is ok, we should give him a team place and see how he goes. Those better placed than me might be able to say he won't be riding in 2016

Anton Rosen

Anton has had plenty opportunities to establish himself but imo has failed to do so. I do not think he should be asked back unless as a reserve

Ludvig Lindgren

Lightnin Lindgren is great to watch. He perhaps has reached his summit and will not get any better. I have enjoyed watching him coming from behind as his gating is not very good. A hard decision but maybe if a better prospect is out there we should let him go

Simon Neilsen

Like Ludvig Simon has been involved in some great races but I would let him go if we can get a better prospect

Tero Aarnio

A great addition to the squad, The Finn became a great reserve, he is another that I would welcome back in a reserve berth

Lewis Rose

Another possible for a reserve berth

Richie Worrall

If Richie wants to come home and Join his brother Steve it would be greatb ring him back George

My main concern before the announcement on Sunday 27th September is that we will be running in 2016. Hopefully George will tell us we are still running next year despite some low crowds in 2015.

All supposing we continue who do you want in our team (hopefully a Premier League team)

The shopping list has to start with our assets

Steve Worrall

He has established himself as our number 1 and has emerged as our only bona fide heatleader. I hope he will be back as our number 1 in 2016

Christian Henry

I think the time has come for Christian to call it a day, I would welcome him back but only if he could start as a reserve

Lewi Kerr

I have no idea how fit Lewi will be. His injury was so bad, perhaps he will be told not to ride again but as if by a miracle if he is ok, we should give him a team place and see how he goes. Those better placed than me might be able to say he won't be riding in 2016

Anton Rosen

Anton has had plenty opportunities to establish himself but imo has failed to do so. I do not think he should be asked back unless as a reserve

Ludvig Lindgren

Lightnin Lindgren is great to watch. He perhaps has reached his summit and will not get any better. I have enjoyed watching him coming from behind as his gating is not very good. A hard decision but maybe if a better prospect is out there we should let him go

Simon Neilsen

Like Ludvig Simon has been involved in some great races but I would let him go if we can get a better prospect

Tero Aarnio

A great addition to the squad, The Finn became a great reserve, he is another that I would welcome back in a reserve berth

Lewis Rose

Another possible for a reserve berth

Richie Worrall

If Richie wants to come home and Join his brother Steve it would be greatb ring him back George

So after a year of "5 second strings", it looks like a year of "5 reserves". :D

• Like 3

Steve Worrall improved enormously last year from the reserve berth to No 2 in Edinburgh averages.

This year he established himself as No 1 at NEWCASTLE and proved his heat leader status.

There is more to come from this young man and I am sure that he will be on Newcastle's want list for 2016,

• Like 1

How about

Worrall

Wilkinson

Worrall

Heeps

Newman

Aarnio

Nielsen

Only if Nielsen is Hans at his peak?? I believe the commute to home matches is too big for Newman, otherwise I think he is the same as the Worralls, a must. The two Worralls are a must and on his showing so far so is Aarnio but I thought the same of Rose last year and Nielsen and they have not kicked on. Wilkson like Ludvig is great to watch but falls off too often for me in key scoring positions. Heeps, no thanks better options available.

I don't have the answers and maybe none of us will until after Sunday but it is always fun this time of year playing guess the lineup and even better if you know for certain that your team will be coming to tapes the following year. :t:

Next.... :rofl:

• Like 1

Tom and Joe, a mean the twins,,,

Ludvig,,,

Lewis Kerr, or if not, Aaron Summers,,,

Anton (risky), or Carl Wilko,,,

Tero and 'the frying pan',,,

probably won't fit, until we know where the goalposts are :)

Tom and Joe, a mean the twins,,,

Ludvig,,,

Lewis Kerr, or if not, Aaron Summers,,,

Anton (risky), or Carl Wilko,,,

Tero and 'the frying pan',,,

probably won't fit, until we know where the goalposts are :)

And what makes you think Spud would be available?

Ludvig Lindgren

He just signed as an asset earlier this season, so unlikely he'll be anywhere than Newcastle?

He just signed as an asset earlier this season, so unlikely he'll be anywhere than Newcastle?

dunno,,, maybe they'll scoop up on his loan fees ;)

bring back dickie jull

Of all the Dane's Newcastle have had over the years, Juul is the one you want back :o:o :o :P

bring back dickie jull

Says a Berwick fan whose team couldn't get rid of him quick enough when he rode for you. :D:D

Anyway he already is back as he spanners for Christian Henry.

Assiming the league structure remains as it is and we ride Premier, I would be happy to have Steve, Ludvig, Nielsen and Aarnio back from this year + Lewis K if he's fit to ride.

Would also take Richie back as he's much better than his average suggests.

Wouldn't be surprised if we line up something like:

S Worrall

Aarnio

R Worrall

L Kerr

L Lindgren

S Nielsen

L Rose

Personally I would be quite happy with that.

• Like 5

Of all the Dane's Newcastle have had over the years, Juul is the one you want back :o:o :o :P

what about the other dane that does not belong to you ?