British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle 2016

if LL as a second string i.e. number 2 or 4 then i would say yes but no way as a heat leader. I'm one of those non attendees also and it's the like of me who speedway requires to entice back expected better from you Dave.

Well, I enjoy watching Ludde in full flight around the boards, as we saw a couple of times yesterday, and I very much hope we see him in our colours next season as well. (Oh, and he's good value on Twitter). As for his away form, try a reality check - the days of riders of the standard of Eriksson, Walsh and Olsen as heat leaders are long gone as (at PL level) are the guys who can ride any track in any condition. I'll be happy with Steve and Lud in the team next year but I won't be holding my breath at some away circuits.

I wouldn't say that if you choose not to go, you're not entitled to express an opinion on the team, but it helps to see the riders week in week out. For instance, to pluck a name from the air, I saw enough of a certain Manx rider to form the view that while he may have known about team riding (I believe that this might have been mentioned on here before), he rarely finished a race in a better position than he held coming out of the second bend.

For what it's worth, and without knowledge of what the rules on reserves will be, I would like - if affordable - to see us keep Steve, Lud, Tero, Simon and Lewis R and build around them. if Lewi K is fit (and it was great to hear him being so optimistic yesterday) I would try to fit him in as well. That said I have great faith in George's ability to build a team and I'm sure he'll do us proud.

• Like 1

I pay to be entertained at Brough Park. Lindgren is by far out most entertaining rider - keep

• Like 2

I pay to be entertained at Brough Park. Lindgren is by far out most entertaining rider - keep

I did worry about his first two races, when he slept at the gate, but overcome one of them and blasted his way around in the others races. He was a street ahead on one, but would not shut off, a bit like Jesper used to do. Only knew how to go flat out, as it he didn't he might fall off. A very underrated captain and rider, who cares what he does, but it doesn't always work out.

I did worry about his first two races, when he slept at the gate, but overcome one of them and blasted his way around in the others races. He was a street ahead on one, but would not shut off, a bit like Jesper used to do. Only knew how to go flat out, as it he didn't he might fall off. A very underrated captain and rider, who cares what he does, but it doesn't always work out.

Why do you feel he hasnt really kicked on then Dave? He seems very passionate and looks to have pretty good gear?? Obviously his gating isnt the best but i think he needs to vary his lines more often, esp at home.

Sometimes riding the boards isnt the way to win races at Brough and often costs him points to riders he should be beating everytime... Many times if hes behind and the bloke in front is in the dirt hes snookered... I agree hes good to watch alot of the time but very frustrating also.

Edited by Arson fire

How about this side, in riding order :- 1, Steve W. 2, Ludvig. 3, Lewis K. 4 Tero. 5, Richie W. 6, Simon N. 7, Lewis R. just about fits 42.5.

Edited by diamond ernie
  • Like 2

Underrated? Can you just explain that one please? Yes LL can be fantastic at brough but away some of his performances are absolutely shocking!! Especially for the experience he has on the tracks it's not like he's seeing them for the first time. He's got a 7.00 average that's all he's ever going to be. Edited by ren
  • Like 1

Why do you feel he hasnt really kicked on then Dave? He seems very passionate and looks to have pretty good gear?? Obviously his gating isnt the best but i think he needs to vary his lines more often, esp at home.

Sometimes riding the boards isnt the way to win races at Brough and often costs him points to riders he should be beating everytime... Many times if hes behind and the bloke in front is in the dirt hes snookered... I agree hes good to watch alot of the time but very frustrating also.

Very frustrating and as you say, he usually has good gear, Sean Wilson engines and now testing JAWA again. He must get as frustrated as us, and if he knew the answer he would surely do it. Bit worrying at times that he can top score with say 13 points away, and you think that must be his type of track, but maybe gets a 4 pointer on his next visit. One thing I do know is he tries, and if he was a Newcastle footballer at the moment we would be cheering him. :P

How about this side, in riding order :- 1, Steve W. 2, Ludvig. 3, Lewis K. 4 Tero. 5, Richie W. 6, Simon N. 7, Lewis R. just about fits 42.5.

That's my team at the moment as well. Just need the same points limit, but I can see that needs to be lower next year to spread the riders around a bit more.

Edited by Tsunami

who's been reading your tea leaves, then ???

and just a little bit on LL, on perfomances in all matches away from home, he's averaged more than Steve ;)

Well, I enjoy watching Ludde in full flight around the boards, as we saw a couple of times yesterday, and I very much hope we see him in our colours next season as well. (Oh, and he's good value on Twitter). As for his away form, try a reality check - the days of riders of the standard of Eriksson, Walsh and Olsen as heat leaders are long gone as (at PL level) are the guys who can ride any track in any condition. I'll be happy with Steve and Lud in the team next year but I won't be holding my breath at some away circuits.

I wouldn't say that if you choose not to go, you're not entitled to express an opinion on the team, but it helps to see the riders week in week out. For instance, to pluck a name from the air, I saw enough of a certain Manx rider to form the view that while he may have known about team riding (I believe that this might have been mentioned on here before), he rarely finished a race in a better position than he held coming out of the second bend.

For what it's worth, and without knowledge of what the rules on reserves will be, I would like - if affordable - to see us keep Steve, Lud, Tero, Simon and Lewis R and build around them. if Lewi K is fit (and it was great to hear him being so optimistic yesterday) I would try to fit him in as well. That said I have great faith in George's ability to build a team and I'm sure he'll do us proud.

I hear what your saying and I appreciate your opinion but if LL starts as a heatleader next year then I certainly won't be back. I've seen LL ride many a time and you just cannot depend on him at home and especially away. As a 2 or a number 4 I can get away with that. Anyway we will see what happens but in my opinion you can tell as soon as a team is declared whether it will be challenging. If George want's the crowds to improve the ball's in his court and I don't have the faith in that to be honest but we will see,

Entertainment doesn't win you races though - I've got no doubt he will be kept as a heatleader though.

• Like 2

I hear what your saying and I appreciate your opinion but if LL starts as a heatleader next year then I certainly won't be back. I've seen LL ride many a time and you just cannot depend on him at home and especially away. As a 2 or a number 4 I can get away with that. Anyway we will see what happens but in my opinion you can tell as soon as a team is declared whether it will be challenging. If George want's the crowds to improve the ball's in his court and I don't have the faith in that to be honest but we will see,

Entertainment doesn't win you races though - I've got no doubt he will be kept as a heatleader though.

I have no doubt of that either.

In reply to Tsunami who takes me to task for not attending. He, and most others on this Forum know why I will not attend - Double Points - nothing to do with Lindgren.

For your information Tsunami - if the said Double Points Rule was scrapped altogether - I would be back. Until that is the case I won't be.

What is a bit worrying though is that I am not really missing it.....................................

I still follow the Team's fortunes, I still hope they do well and win things. I do have a right to my opinion and so does everyone else on here. I will continue to voice my opinions on here because, as I understand it, that is what the Forum is for. As I have said Lindgren has been a big disappointment to me for a couple of years now - I just think a change might do both him and the 'Diamonds' good.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

Now we know the team is running on to next year team and hopefully much better season. We finished the season well which is a good starting point, but we must not forgot we were nowhere near the playoffs at any point so some changes are needed. Steve and Tero should be first on the list as for the rest we need new second strings christian possibly finished Anton needs change of scenery to come back better asset. At reserve Nielsen and Rose are not a good pair it took Tero for us to be good there that must be the same if possible next season. Neisen more reliable this season but Rose is the one i would keep especially if British 3 pointer rule introduced probably one of the best in the league for that situaion. Finally heatleaders Ludvig and Kerr are only 3rd heatleaders so cant have both ride there. However one could slot in second string spot have a good top 4 then we will have depth that has been lacking this season. For this to happen we need good heatleader for that Ritchie would be ideal on a bargain average at his best track, with sibling rivalry getting best out of him and Steve. Whatever we do home form needs sorted out and i hope the track last few months is kept as home advantage had returned but some decent racing from the Diamonds.

Edited by Big Diamond

Start with the Worralls I think we all agree on that. After that it all depends on what the points limit is on team building. I also agree that Aarnio deserves a team place. A fully fit Lewis Rose would also be in my team.

• Like 2

A Message to those who are haunting this thread. You have stopped coming through the turnstiles but are still interested enough to make posts on this forum. The team need extra fans through the turnstiles every week to make Newcastle Speedway a going concern so why not come back from March 2016. You were once hooked and nothing has changed the Diamonds are to continue so shut up and come back next year

• Like 2

A Message to those who are haunting this thread. You have stopped coming through the turnstiles but are still interested enough to make posts on this forum. The team need extra fans through the turnstiles every week to make Newcastle Speedway a going concern so why not come back from March 2016. You were once hooked and nothing has changed the Diamonds are to continue so shut up and come back next year

People have various reasons for none attndance - mine are well known. People have stopped attending, basically because they are not happy with the product on offer. My problem could be righted in an instance, it won't be I acknowledge that - but - as a matter of principle I have (in my own mind) to make a stance.

There are various reasons why people don't go any more, they could be Financal (especially these days) perhaps someone has been upset at the Track, perhaps people are sick (we are all getting older), perhaps folk get fed up when, what is basically a Fifteen Minute Meeting, continues for two and a half hours, perhaps it is something as simple as the Riders trudging out on to the Track during the 'Parade' looking bored and disinterested and not acknowledging the Crowd. As I say, lots of reasons, these are just examples. People have their own priorities when spending their money.

At no time have I criticised Newcastle Speedway, to me, they get things as right as they can apart from the length of the Meetings - I have the utmost admiration for George and his fellow Promoters. Promoting Speedway in these tight Financial times must, in some ways, be a thankless task. They do a superb job of, at least, keeping Speedway alive in the City of Newcastle.

• Like 1