British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle 2016

People have various reasons for none attndance - mine are well known. People have stopped attending, basically because they are not happy with the product on offer. My problem could be righted in an instance, it won't be I acknowledge that - but - as a matter of principle I have (in my own mind) to make a stance.

There are various reasons why people don't go any more, they could be Financal (especially these days) perhaps someone has been upset at the Track, perhaps people are sick (we are all getting older), perhaps folk get fed up when, what is basically a Fifteen Minute Meeting, continues for two and a half hours, perhaps it is something as simple as the Riders trudging out on to the Track during the 'Parade' looking bored and disinterested and not acknowledging the Crowd. As I say, lots of reasons, these are just examples. People have their own priorities when spending their money.

At no time have I criticised Newcastle Speedway, to me, they get things as right as they can apart from the length of the Meetings - I have the utmost admiration for George and his fellow Promoters. Promoting Speedway in these tight Financial times must, in some ways, be a thankless task. They do a superb job of, at least, keeping Speedway alive in the City of Newcastle.

So you accept you are unlikely to come back because you would need to see the end of the TR. That is your prerogative, but having left and not coming back, why do you continue to pick over the bones of Newcastle Speedway, and in particular 1 rider. If it is not your sport now, why not get on with the other new things in your life you now enjoy.

BTW Speedway has never been a 15 minute sport in any shape or form. It's just a desperate statement to have a go at what you have given up. Cricket is also a long sport you now enjoy, but you wouldn't say a 20/20(usually 2 hours long) was a 20 minute sport, taking out all the time between each ball and changeovers.

• Like 1

and football is only a sport if someone scores a goal (IMO),,, otherwise its a waste of 2hrs,,,

football in Newcastle is'nt entertaining, and that team will never win anything, but the fans still go :(

So you accept you are unlikely to come back because you would need to see the end of the TR. That is your prerogative, but having left and not coming back, why do you continue to pick over the bones of Newcastle Speedway, and in particular 1 rider. If it is not your sport now, why not get on with the other new things in your life you now enjoy.

BTW Speedway has never been a 15 minute sport in any shape or form. It's just a desperate statement to have a go at what you have given up. Cricket is also a long sport you now enjoy, but you wouldn't say a 20/20(usually 2 hours long) was a 20 minute sport, taking out all the time between each ball and changeovers.

Dave - I am not making excuses- I feel really strongly about the Tactical Ride. You of all people should know that. I love Speedway - but - I won't compromise my principles and neither will I give up following Newcastle in the Press, on the Internet or on the Television, where I can get angry all on my own (and I do).

I do NOT pck over the "bones of Newcastle Speedway" (your Words) - in fact if you check my Posts I think you will find that I have been complimentary to Newcastle Speedway, so, please don't accuse me of attacking Newcastle Speedway as I have not and never will (I hope) do so. An apology - at least for that would be nice.

As regards your comments regarding Ludwig Lindgren - it is true I have criticised him, but only because he is one of the biggest disappointments I have had watching Speedway. He seems to have loads of talent but doesn't seem to improve his performances as each Season passes, especially away from Home. Suffice to say that those are my views, and my views only on here - but crucially - there are more than me feel that way at Newcastle. Mr. Lindgren may be a friend of yours but that does not alter either my opinion or the facts. The fact being that he has not come on as much as I thought and hoped he would.

Dave - I am not making excuses- I feel really strongly about the Tactical Ride. You of all people should know that. I love Speedway - but - I won't compromise my principles and neither will I give up following Newcastle in the Press, on the Internet or on the Television, where I can get angry all on my own (and I do).

I do NOT pck over the "bones of Newcastle Speedway" (your Words) - in fact if you check my Posts I think you will find that I have been complimentary to Newcastle Speedway, so, please don't accuse me of attacking Newcastle Speedway as I have not and never will (I hope) do so. An apology - at least for that would be nice.

As regards your comments regarding Ludwig Lindgren - it is true I have criticised him, but only because he is one of the biggest disappointments I have had watching Speedway. He seems to have loads of talent but doesn't seem to improve his performances as each Season passes, especially away from Home. Suffice to say that those are my views, and my views only on here - but crucially - there are more than me feel that way at Newcastle. Mr. Lindgren may be a friend of yours but that does not alter either my opinion or the facts. The fact being that he has not come on as much as I thought and hoped he would.

By carping on and on and on on the same matters you are criticising Newcastle Speedway. All very convenient to keep adding platitudes to the promotion if you then continue to attack the product and show that the same people put on for you and everyone. Whilst you don't like Ludde, plenty others do, and have said so a couple of pages back, but yes he is frustrating. BTW If I am a 'friend' of Ludde as you say, don't try to imply that I might be biased toward him, OK. I have mentioned on here many times about how he helps us track staff in awful winter weather repairing posts, digging holes, etc. without even being asked, and I applaud him for that as folks like you are never going to see that side of him. I do admire him and applaud his attitude most of the time.

So, for the sake of the TR, Tac Sub, Old World final, modern GP, second half and 13 heats, no uprights, Play offs, cinders, anything total out of date now, your PRINCIPLES would be contravened by attending a current speedway meeting. Jesus.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

are you's 2 them old duffers from the muppets ??? ;)

speedway is shockingly bad though

in Berwick maybe :)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 3

and football is only a sport if someone scores a goal (IMO),,, otherwise its a waste of 2hrs,,,

football in Newcastle is'nt entertaining, and that team will never win anything, but the fans still go :(

and the speedway still changes start times for it.

just a little point on Lindgren's away form in PL and LC matches,,,

116 pts from 67 rides, averaging 6.92, ranging from 2 to 16 pts (not including bonus pts)

compared to S Worrall

107 pts from 66 rides, averaging 6.48, ranging from 0 to 16 pts (not including bonus pts)

so who is better away from home and who is 'more' inconsistant,,, don't let facts fool you ;)

and the speedway still changes start times for it.

Probably because people attend both but not me.

A Message to those who are haunting this thread. You have stopped coming through the turnstiles but are still interested enough to make posts on this forum. The team need extra fans through the turnstiles every week to make Newcastle Speedway a going concern so why not come back from March 2016. You were once hooked and nothing has changed the Diamonds are to continue so shut up and come back next year

Woah I'll come back when a team is put out which is attempting to actually challenge to win things until then I will continue to have my say and if you and others don't like it then that is just tough - I will tell you one thing though that until it does happen the extra support that George was on about won't be there either.

add L Kerr,,,

83 pts from 48 rides, averaging 6.91, ranging from 3 to 14 pts,,,

L Kerr most consistant, L Lindgren best overall (only slightly tho) ;)

add L Kerr,,,

83 pts from 48 rides, averaging 6.91, ranging from 3 to 14 pts,,,

L Kerr most consistant, L Lindgren best overall (only slightly tho) ;)

lindgren has several years head start on worrall and Kerr though, both fast track riders dont forget.
  • Like 1

Probably because people attend both but not me.

I know alot of people who stopped going because of this .

lindgren has several years head start on worrall and Kerr though, both fast track riders dont forget.

yeah, thats probably where the experience counts, but to be fair, should'nt really get anymore stick than anyone else,,, maybe its only on here tho ;)