British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle 2016

I hadn't given much credence to the "team of second strings" line of argument until last night, when our no. 1 and no. 5 could not lay a glove on the opposition and as a result we were completely outgunned. I do wonder whether some of our team may have thought it was a hopeless cause and were beaten before a wheel was turned.

I thought Ludde did a great Rene Aas impression, looking down at his motor. Great stuff from Tero though, a real fighting win in heat 19 which spared us a few blushes, stood as we were with the Somerset massive.

Anyhow...no more speedway this year* so let's have some fun picking next year's team

* I can't find anything on the Redcar website about amateur meetings., #2 daughter is at that stage where she can recite team averages and in search of speedway would want me to take her to Outer Mongolia if the Ulan Bator Golden Helmet was being contested. As Teesside is rather closer, taking her there may be more practical!

I hadn't given much credence to the "team of second strings" line of argument until last night, when our no. 1 and no. 5 could not lay a glove on the opposition and as a result we were completely outgunned. I do wonder whether some of our team may have thought it was a hopeless cause and were beaten before a wheel was turned.

I thought Ludde did a great Rene Aas impression, looking down at his motor. Great stuff from Tero though, a real fighting win in heat 19 which spared us a few blushes, stood as we were with the Somerset massive.

Anyhow...no more speedway this year* so let's have some fun picking next year's team

* I can't find anything on the Redcar website about amateur meetings., #2 daughter is at that stage where she can recite team averages and in search of speedway would want me to take her to Outer Mongolia if the Ulan Bator Golden Helmet was being contested. As Teesside is rather closer, taking her there may be more practical!

I left after heat 16, god did I miss another 3 heats, I thought we were bad enough over the 16, to be subjected to another 3 heats would have been torture, glad I left when I did. :rofl::P:P

Totally agree with what you said above and will be interesting to see what the next few months bring in terms of those chosen to done the famous white diamond. Interesting times :o

I left after heat 16, god did I miss another 3 heats, I thought we were bad enough over the 16, to be subjected to another 3 heats would have been torture, glad I left when I did. :rofl::P:P

Totally agree with what you said above and will be interesting to see what the next few months bring in terms of those chosen to done the famous white diamond. Interesting times :o

Tero Aarnio did OK.

Details of the meeting on the 10th here;

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=80347

Tero Aarnio did OK.

Hi did indeed, but like the rest of them last night he was giving away too much at the gate.

another joke of a performance by ncstle which shows how inept we are glad i stayed at home !!

Three very poor performances by Newcastle Riders in my opinion. Tero Aarnio - Did OK

S. Worrall - Unexpectedly Poor.

A Rosen - Better than I expected.

L. Lindgren - What can I say without getting in to trouble - Very poor.

Thought after the interval Aarnio and Rosen seemed a lot more competitive

• Like 1

Three very poor performances by Newcastle Riders in my opinion. Tero Aarnio - Did OK

S. Worrall - Unexpectedly Poor.

A Rosen - Better than I expected.

L. Lindgren - What can I say without getting in to trouble - Very poor.

Ludvig had mechanical problems all night. Came out on Stevie W's bike in one race (his last one I think)... but hey, don't let facts get in the way of the usual 'pop'.

• Like 2

Ludvig had mechanical problems all night. Came out on Stevie W's bike in one race (his last one I think)... but hey, don't let facts get in the way of the usual 'pop'.

That was my assessment.

Shouldn't he have turned up with reliable equipment?

As usual - say anything criticising Lindgren and you are for it on here even if you are right.

Edited by The White Knight

another joke of a performance by ncstle which shows how inept we are glad i stayed at home !!

Just be thankful your team was good enough to qualify for the 4TT Final.

• Like 1

Just be thankful your team was good enough to qualify for the 4TT Final.

I can certainly agree with that.

That was my assessment.

As usual - say anything criticising Lindgren and you are for it on here even if you are right.

HE did, but something went on the last corner in one race. As Steve P has said, he changed to Stevie's bike for his last race, and missed the gate.

A sentence later and you you don't miss a chance talking about criticising Ludde without reason. Canna help ya sel can you.

Pl knockout cup fixtures no tacticals allowed maybe twk could attend these

Please NO.

Thought after the interval Aarnio and Rosen seemed a lot more competitive

Redcar fans noted that some water had been put down on the track at the interval, which really should have been down from the start. Track looked very smooth but bald at the beginning, and with no water there was no passing, no grip.

Edited by Tsunami

That was my assessment.

When will you understand you're not ITK and important and therefore are inferior? :D

Dear me.

• Like 1

HE did, but something went on the last corner in one race. As Steve P has said, he changed to Stevie's bike for his last race, and missed the gate.

A sentence later and you you don't miss a chance talking about criticising Ludde without reason. Canna help ya sel can you.

Please NO.

Redcar fans noted that some water had been put down on the track at the interval, which really should have been down from the start. Track looked very smooth but bald at the beginning, and with no water there was no passing, no grip.

Encouraging people not to come. :shock:

Not great Promotion that - is it? :nono: :nono: :nono:

I notice you didn't complain about my comments regarding Worrall, Rosen or Aarnio. Only Lindgren - strange that.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1