British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Most Expensive Programme ?

On E-bay yesterday the 1936 World Final Programme sold for £305, 1937 sold for £112.

I would think that the 1936 programme is the most valuable one world wide. The only

one that I imagine could possibly beat it is 1928 High Beech, that is if there was a

programme and that any still exist. Comments ?

Edited by Beowulf

I had the 1968 High Beech 40th. Anniversary programme autographed by every rider past and present in attendance.My lovely wife binned it...what would it be worth today?.

Sadly, probably not as much as you were thinking! A copy - autographed, as yours was, by all the celebrities present - went for £20 a few weeks back on ebay.

I forgive her then :rofl:

• Like 2

I once got bidding for a Leeds Lions programme that was pre war.

I am not sure how much it went for but it was well over £100.

I have programmes from 90 different UK speedway tracks and the most I paid was £30 for a Fleetwood Flyers one. Most are pretty cheap.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Some pre-war proggies from "rare" tracks can go for £200 or £300.

Most I paid for World Final was for 1936, just over £100 to complete the collection. 1961 used to be the most expensive, but has already come down in price, I waited and was pleasantly surprised when I eventually got one cheaper than I expected to pay.

All the best

Rob

I once got bidding for a Leeds Lions programme that was pre war.

I am not sure how much it went for but it was well over £100.

I have programmes from 90 different UK speedway tracks and the most I paid was £30 for a Fleetwood Flyers one. Most are pretty cheap.

If the Fleetwood one is against Wolves, I'll double your money.

Beowulf as a Wolves fan you always said to me, "when you see Eric Gundersen pass a Wolves rider in a Wolves v Cradley meeting - save that programme, it's so rare!"

Some pre-war proggies from "rare" tracks can go for £200 or £300.

Most I paid for World Final was for 1936, just over £100 to complete the collection. 1961 used to be the most expensive, but has already come down in price, I waited and was pleasantly surprised when I eventually got one cheaper than I expected to pay.

All the best

Rob

The 1961 programme is rarer than rocking horse droppings. I'd love one :t: .

A few years ago a 1928 glasgow (celtic park) programme sold for £1000, I'm sure at the time it was the only one known to exist. Walthamstow's short season from 1934 usually hit the £400 mark!. I have a members badge from that year in my own collection which is mega rare.

Goy a original Crystal Palace programme which I bought for £125 eight years ago if anyone interested

As someone who doesn't collect pre-war the most I ever paid for a programme was the 1961 World Final. I don't have a copy but I bet the 1982 Ballymena programme fetches a tidy price too.

The 1961 programme is rarer than rocking horse droppings. I'd love one :t: .

Me too, got all the other one-off finals from 1936. So if anyone wants to sell...........................

You'll be lucky :party: .

I'm still looking for a Los Angeles programme :cry: .

Me too, got all the other one-off finals from 1936. So if anyone wants to sell...........................

they still turn up on ebay every now and again, they usually sell for about £100.