British Speedway Forum
stratton

Play Offs Should They Be Scrapped.?

should play off,s be scrapped imo yes they should ,all season ive folled edin/mon every home meeting ,also every glas/edin away berwick,new.c redcar workie. seffield,for myloyality edin .also glasg ow have put up prices , although im on computer, i dont own one,have to use this one when i ger a chance ,also not got credit/debit card so booking pre meeting is out of my choice,some loyality for folling speedway and having only have cash.so in that frame of mind edinbugh .monarchs did win the league

:blink: :blink:

• Like 1

should play off,s be scrapped imo yes they should ,all season ive folled edin/mon every home meeting ,also every glas/edin away berwick,new.c redcar workie. seffield,for myloyality edin .also glasg ow have put up prices , although im on computer, i dont own one,have to use this one when i ger a chance ,also not got credit/debit card so booking pre meeting is out of my choice,some loyality for folling speedway and having only have cash.so in that frame of mind edinbugh .monarchs did win the league

Anyone got a Chucks-To-English dictionary? :rofl:

PS Play-offs are here to stay. Fixed dates are needed, though.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

I back the play offs 100%.

Creates excitement in all forms of media and social media, crowds are nearly always up for play off times, and it keeps people intrested. Imagine Belle Vue's end of season crowds etc if they didn't have a chance of the play offs, can't imagine it would of created the excitement it did.

I re-started watching, following and attending speedway in 2012 because of the excitement of the world cup and play offs. I saw good crowds, exciting and competitive racing and a grand final at the end of it.

Although they are different counties and in a slightly better place that British Speedway.. The play offs are also done in Sweden, Poland and Denmark (not 100% sure on that) and seem to work.

The ideal of a play off shield will just not create enough interest than the play offs do now I don't think....

• Like 1

Although I don't agree with league champions being decided by play-offs I know full well they are here to stay. One or two matches for four teams being played in front of higher crowds will see to that. The fact that may be at the expense of attendances for most of the qualifying matches being conveniently overlooked.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

Although I don't agree with league champions being decided by play-offs I know full well they are here to stay. One or two matches for four teams being played in front of higher crowds will see to that, the fact that may be at the expense of attendances for most of the qualifying matches being conveniently overlooked.

The exact opposite is true. All teams bar Wolves, Lakeside and Leicester have had meaningful matches right through to the end of the season with the benefit of increased crowds to watch them. Without play offs all team bar Poole, and maybe Coventry would have had no interest in the season from June onwards and been racing in front of just a few hundred fans.

Edited by Oldace
  • Like 1

The exact opposite is true. All teams bar Wolves, Lakeside and Leicester have had meaningful matches right through to the end of the season with the benefit of increased crowds to watch them. Without play offs all team bar Poole, and maybe Coventry would have had no interest in the season from June onwards and been racing in front of just a few hundred fans.

Hmm, ok. Though I have heard folk say, once a team has safely qualified, they're not going to some matches because they're keeping their money for the play-offs. Since top to fourth makes no difference some matches are pointless.

Works both ways.

Anyone got a Chucks-To-English dictionary? :rofl:

PS Play-offs are here to stay. Fixed dates are needed, though.

All the best

Rob

please be aware i suffer and got m.s i do well to get on with my life ups and downs and its not nice when someone like you take the crap and make a fool of me so what ifmy story might not be to your liking but you must have understood it so some degree

• Like 1

Due to the risk of the public wanting a one off world final to remain and one meeting with an attendance of 40,000 when it could run 8/10/11 with an average attendance of 10,000 at each?

The idea that the GP alone is what has killed speedway in this country is nonsensical there are 100s of contributing factors at play that have led to dwindling crowds, the vast majority of which arent even the fault of the sport, we live in an interactive age and era. There are so many more things for people to do now than attend speedway tracks every other night of the week.

To say "people can say what they want" yet then burry ones head in the sand to what people are saying which happens to be that any rider can actually qualify for the GP, which is fact, an actual genuine tangibile valid thing, makes it absurdly difficult to afford any validity to what you are saying.

My opinion and you have yours,and if you believe everybody has a chance to enter the WC then you are deluded the first EIGHT pick themselves everyear anyway don't they.?And answer this are you seriously telling me the GP series has had no affect on the crowds since the series began.The crowds were going down up until the series started but British speedway then was still in better shape than it is now tracks then were not dictated to then.( ie on which night they could run also Wembley's one/off crowds were only something Cardiff could ever dream of getting. Edited by sidney

My opinion and you have yours,and if you believe everybody has a chance to enter the WC then you are deluded the first EIGHT pick themselves everyear anyway don't they.?And answer this are you seriously telling me the GP series has had no affect on the crowds since the series began.The crowds were going down up until the series started but British speedway then was still in better shape than it is now tracks then were not dictated to then.( ie on which night they could run also Wembley's one/off crowds were only something Cardiff could ever dream of getting.

Funny thing happened to me recently Sidney. My bath has been leaking steadily for a few weeks, nothing much so I just ignored it. The big bulge in the lounge ceiling was getting bigger but like I say, no big deal. Then one night we turned on the telly to watch coronation street and the ceiling came crashing down. Now people have tried to tell me that there is no link but it is a fact my ceiling was in far better shape pre Thursdays nights Corrie, up to watching corrie that night it was only getting steadily worse then wallop, the whole ceiling is in. If ITV had stuck Emmerdale on at this time everything would have been OK.

Well I think so anyway

My opinion and you have yours,and if you believe everybody has a chance to enter the WC then you are deluded the first EIGHT pick themselves everyear anyway don't they.?And answer this are you seriously telling me the GP series has had no affect on the crowds since the series began.The crowds were going down up until the series started but British speedway then was still in better shape than it is now tracks then were not dictated to then.( ie on which night they could run also Wembley's one/off crowds were only something Cardiff could ever dream of getting.

It isn't delusion or opinion it's an actual tangible thing.....Luke Bowen could literally qualify for the Grand Prix

I would naturally assume Speedway crowds would be worse without the GP rather than better it affords the sport 30 hours of pretty much prime time promotion rather than the 3 or 4 hours a World Final would

Edited by sparkafag

It isn't delusion or opinion it's an actual tangible thing.....Luke Bowen could literally qualify for the Grand Prix

We all know that, and we have shown him evidence of the numerous qualifiers that take place around Europe but after a while he has forgotten and spouts this crap again

We all know that, and we have shown him evidence of the numerous qualifiers that take place around Europe but after a while he has forgotten and spouts this crap again

Are you for real? so every NL, premier,League and EL rider can enter is that right? TECHNICALLY you are right but in the real world this does not happen where are the qualifiers Croatia,Italy, all at the riders expense.Where are OUR qualifiers Oldace? where nearly every rider got a chance one thing's for certain Oldace you would not be getting a Jack Young winning a WC now would you.?

I would naturally assume Speedway crowds would be worse without the GP rather than better it affords the sport 30 hours of pretty much prime time promotion rather than the 3 or 4 hours a World Final would

So the series had no affect on British Speedway yes or No?

Are you for real? so every NL, premier,League and EL rider can enter is that right? TECHNICALLY you are right but in the real world this does not happen where are the qualifiers Croatia,Italy, all at the riders expense.Where are OUR qualifiers Oldace? where nearly every rider got a chance one thing's for certain Oldace you would not be getting a Jack Young winning a WC now would you.?

You mean like a total outsider coming through to win, maybe someone who was 500/1 before the start of the year. Could never happen now, you have to go back at least 2 years for something like that

• Like 1

It isn't as simple as that...evidently it has, both positives and negatives......you seem adamant you want to posistion all things change as Darth Vader though so much so you are just talking compete bull rubbish re the qualification system