British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Kent Kings 2016

Another nail in the coffin of Btitish speedway unless someone takes over the track job from Silver , people won't pay elite money to see races to the first corner.Be like watching Eastbourne on sky all over again.

Junior

Absolutely spot on .Look t at Silvers track at Rye House and look at Silvers track at look at the track at Sittingbourne. Elite league racing on either track would be so gate and go it would make even Leicester seem like a racers track.Sittingbourne is not a bad looking track but needs ripping up and relaying if there iss to be EL rides there.

The trouble is Len is not interested in anyone's opinion but his own and still thinks it's it's the 1980's. You only have to look at the behind the scenes bickering and in fighting at Rye House over the last few years and the divisions he has caused in his short time at Kent. Both clubs apparently suffering falling crowds.. Neither club has really been a happy ship.

Hardly the best base from which to make the huge jump from NL to EL and build an EL team from scratch. You only have to look at how hard it has been for some established PL clubs like Leicester and Brum to make the step up and put a decent team together.

Len has been a top promoter in the past,, no doubt about it but the world has moved on while he hasn't. Completely lost the plot as he has got older.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 2

Absolutely spot on .Look t at Silvers track at Rye House and look at Silvers track at look at the track at Sittingbourne. Elite league racing on either track would be so gate and go it would make even Leicester seem like a racers track.Sittingbourne is not a bad looking track but needs ripping up and relaying if there iss to be EL rides there.

The trouble is Len is not interested in anyone's opinion but his own and still thinks it's it's the 1980's. You only have to look at the behind the scenes bickering and in fighting at Rye House over the last few years and the divisions he has caused in his short time at Kent. Both clubs apparently suffering falling crowds.. Neither club has really been a happy ship.

Hardly the best base from which to make the huge jump from NL to EL and build an EL team from scratch. You only have to look at how hard it has been for some established PL clubs like Leicester and Brum to make the step up and put a decent team together.

Len has been a top promoter in the past,, no doubt about it but the world has moved on while he hasn't. Completely lost the plot as he has got older.

Its definitely not gate and go or at least it wasn't when i went

• Like 1

Its definitely not gate and go or at least it wasn't when i went

Nor me. Loads of passing when I last went to Kent.

No doubt Lakeside will settle in nicely in what are rather more comfortable surroundings and facilities for supporters.

• Like 1

Taken from the Kent Kings website at their end-of-season presentation night:-

Co-promoter of Kent Speedway, Len Silver gave a rousing message to the fans spelling out how ambitious the club is for the future of the sport in the county,

“ Our ultimate plan for this club is to have a Kent team elevated into the Elite League (that’s the top division in the country) and in addition to that, to run a National League team alongside it; that is our plan.

“There are obviously 't's to be crossed and 'i’s to be dotted, but I personally think that is what will happen and I will stay involved in the whole promotion as will Roger Cearns, our stadium owner. It will make this club the most exciting Speedway club in the whole country and that’s what we have to look forward to.”

Silver continued,
“ I have to tell you that it’s not all cast in stone at this stage. There are a few hurdles to overcome at the moment. However we are hoping that the future will make things better still, so that all of the things we need to do to make this club the greatest in the land we will be able to do. So I’m definitely looking forward to next year.”

Swindon will be at Oxford next season unless late U turn by Blunsdon developers and decide to go ahead and just build the Speedway track without the full grandstand and facilities

The Swindon website now also confirms the above is complete and utter nonsense.

All the best

Rob

Can't knock Len's ambition.. All the best to him and his promotion at Kent. Think he could come up against a few stumbling blocks with an EL & NL side but will be good to see a new team in the EL with a good facilty to host it in.

The Swindon website now also confirms the above is complete and utter nonsense.

All the best

Rob

So every Promoter is believed now, then??!

Jacques is a Bee's fan that has switched teams to Belle Vue hoping that they beat he mighty Prates that beat her Bee's again.

Hope the Kings make a good go of it in the Elite League and bow down to Matt Ford like the rest do. (Only kidding about the Matt Ford bit)

Nobody, but nobody, jokes about Lord Fraud. :o

I believe work will go ahead on improving the track ,soon ..certainly needs it at the moment there is only one racing line.and the base needs work to get the top surface to bind to it better and some banking will be needed to creat racing lines..Without which I do not see Elite league riders being to happy to ride there...Will it be carried out to an exceptable ,level,,? Maybe if the funding is in place ..?

Article in this week's Star headed "Elite for Kent" :-

'After weeks of suggestion and rumour, Kent Co-promoter Len Silver confirmed the club will be looking to run in the Elite League in 2016.

'................There are obviously 'T's to be crossed and 'I's to be dotted but I personally think that is what will happen and I will stay involved in the whole promotion as is Roger Cearns, our stadium owner.'

I believe work will go ahead on improving the track ,soon ..certainly needs it at the moment there is only one racing line.and the base needs work to get the top surface to bind to it better and some banking will be needed to creat racing lines..Without which I do not see Elite league riders being to happy to ride there...Will it be carried out to an exceptable ,level,,? Maybe if the funding is in place ..?

It was a right crap hole of a track

If Kent do go Elite then I think that will be that for Lakeside as the cross area catchment area cannot support two EL clubs especially racing on the same night, it's why Lakeside and Rye have never shared the same race night despite for much of their existsnce being in different divisions besides there is probably not enough riders around to support 9 EL teams?

But I would not be surprised to see things turn full circle and see a repeat of 1996 where Hammers run solely as a NL team racing at least for one season.

I am all in favour of Kent going to the Elite League.

I just wish the Mr Silver was NOT involved in the process for lots of reasons.