British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cyclone

Edinburgh Vs Somerset Ko Cup Final, 2nd Leg, 2/10/2015

Congratulations to Somerset who refused to buckle after being hit 10 - 2 at the start.

We have benefited in the past from misfortunes hitting the opposition, so please no hard luck stories, instead credit the Wurzels with an excellent performance on the night, including shrewd management of their reserve, Rasmus Jensen.

Sporting bunch of visiting supporters who, together with their team, were applauded by the home crowd at the end.

• Like 5

Caught the result after the first couple of heats and thought the worst to be honest. To my amazement it was a win for the Rebels at the next check. Even had to add up the scores to confirm it. After just loosing out last night in the Fours to the Monarchs and only having 8 in the bag, well you can hardly blame me for my pessimistic thoughts. Well done the boys. Great to have at least got something in the bag to emblazen next years programme with. Although everyone was talking about the merits of Rasmus dropping to reserve it still had to be coupled with Starkey taking to riding in the main body of the team. Seems like there was no need to panic there either. Good one

Paul. Absolutely made up that we have managed to finally get a trophy for the cabinet especially after coming so close in the Pairs, the PLRC and the Fours. It gets a bit tiresome literally just missing out. Commiserations to the Monarchs who really made a competition out of it and to their fans who seem to be gracious in defeat and acknowledge the achievement of Somerset. Here's hoping this boosts us to make a good representation of ourselves in the playoffs. If we don't progress to the final, my season is already over as I'll miss the home semi having missed the KO first leg too. Come on you Rebels ... a final push to a second championship. Much more optimistic after tonight.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Somerset - well deserved winners!

After holding them close on Tuesday and wiping out the lead in two heats it looked like a straightforward win. Rebels had other ideas - Paul Starke, Richie Worrall and (latterly) Rasmus Jensen were excellent and Josh and Charles kept chipping in with solid points. Great tactics to replace Kurtz with Chessell in heat 13 to allow Worrall & Jensen to clinch the tie in heat 14.

We definitely missed Kevin,​ and Sam is not looking as quick as he was before his injury. So glad to see Erik walk away from an awful heat 14 spill - he and the reserves were hit and miss all night and Max did not look fully fit. Sedgy was unlucky to blow an engine when on a 5-1 in heat 10.

Cookie was majestic and his performances in 7 finals over the last 8 days have been truly phenomenal. I have been privileged to watch 4 of these live and 2 on the telly - only missed the one where he got a 15 point max and broke the track record!

However, one man can't win a trophy on his own - even with a 30 point maximum.

Well done again to the Rebels and their small dedicated band of fans who were applauded by the home support as they made their way round from the 3rd bend to see the presentation to their team.

• Like 4

Well done to Somerset a thoroughly dogged performance really hung on in there and battled for every point so you cannot take anything away from them. Rasmus Jensen really came to the party at the right time and were solid from 2-6.

Sedgy's chain failure when miles ahead was a massive turning point but the tie was probably won by 2 decisions, Edinburgh should have moved r/r to number 2, too much pressure on Erik and too many races they looked vulnerable. Then Gary May putting Chessell in heat 13 and taking out his best rider was inspired.

Cookie was imperious and has had an amazing week

Sedgy was solid but would be disappointed with ht8 and bike failure was very costly

Kevin was badly missed get well soon kaiser

Erik was trying so hard but it just wasn't his night, he has pulled out some important wins this season and was unlucky not to do it again in ht14

Sam is still hampered by injury and not his ruthless self

Max was great in ht2 but struggled after coming off in 3rd race never really recovered

Rob very similar to Max hopefully not hurt in ht12

Well done to the rebels and bring on the panthers.

• Like 2

Does anyone have the race results or the riders individual score card. They are not on either the updates or club's sites

Thank you.

BB.

Does anyone have the race results or the riders individual score card. They are not on either the updates or club's sites

Thank you.

BB.

Go to monarchs chatzone live updates

Personally I think that Kaisers absence cost Monarchs the cup :wink:

i agree,but that's speedway you need that bit of luck regarding injuries,well done to the Rebels.
  • Like 1

Pretty simple really you take a guy out that's scoring 12 to 15 and get 5 to 7 for r/r , not hard to do the maths, but hey that's racing as they say , but certainly opens things up if Wolbert is missing for the rest of the season.

Junior

• Like 2

Personally I think that Kaisers absence cost Monarchs the cup :wink:

Plus Sam & Max are still carrying injuries

Good to see the Monarch fans taking it so well what i did not get how it was all 4 back after Sam fell exiting bend 2 of heat 13 first bend bunching ;) thought if a race was stopped after 1st bend there had to be an exclusion :o Well done to the Rebels and very sporting of Chessells to get up when his team mate was last.

After the euphoria of Thursday when we burgled the 4s I guess it was only fair that a fired up Rebels septet slugged it out and won the KOC.

I felt the atmosphere s bit flat and after the Sedgy ef it seemed inevitable that Somerset would do it,with some astute management.

Well done to them.

No repeat Quad this year........unless we count the big Spring?

• Like 1

Great week for the Rebels culminating in ex captain fantastic Jason Doyle bagging second in the GP.

Smug Monarchs strangely complementary on here.

Edited by Cliffeboy