British Speedway Forum

It will be interesting to see what happens with Chris Holder?

Does he want to ride in UK? Maybe a change of club like Swindon might do him some good?

Lots of questions that only time will answer!?

• Like 1

If Darcy had not had his crash I'm sure it would have been Darcy and Magic and Chris would have been off to Swindon. But you are right maybe a change will do Chris good.

• Like 2

Magic should be signed up immediately to spearhead our 2016 challenge! Noddy has said many times that he will never ride for any other club in the UK so I don't think he will be anywhere other than Poole in 2016 should he want to ride over here. He has been a bit of a concern for most of the season for a couple of understandable reasons, so he needs to get his head right for another go next year.

Brady Kurtz is (as we all know) someone Matt Ford is hoping to include and Kyle will move up into the main team should Matt Ford wish to retain him. In addition I personally would be happy to see Kacper return. He'll never be a heat leader but he will be a solid second string in the current weak EL.

• Like 1

I dont think kurtz will cut the mustard yet. Imo big risk.

Magic should be signed up immediately to spearhead our 2016 challenge! Noddy has said many times that he will never ride for any other club in the UK so I don't think he will be anywhere other than Poole in 2016 should he want to ride over here. He has been a bit of a concern for most of the season for a couple of understandable reasons, so he needs to get his head right for another go next year.

Brady Kurtz is (as we all know) someone Matt Ford is hoping to include and Kyle will move up into the main team should Matt Ford wish to retain him. In addition I personally would be happy to see Kacper return. He'll never be a heat leader but he will be a solid second string in the current weak EL.

I thought Chris came out before being announced in Poole's 2015 line up that he would ride for another team in England if left out of their team?.

• Like 1

Holder has to be a concern. Has not looked right all season since his injury and then the effect of Ward on him has been huge , understandably. He seems to lack the enthusiasm.

Janowski will be kept unless he wants to concentrate on the gp. He should finish top 8 but may see it that next season he wants to make the next step up and challenge for a podium finish so may drop the uk.

I can see Watt ending up as third heat leader.

Newman will move up into the main team but i cant see North staying on that average. Gomolski may well be kept on.

A lot will then depend on the draft but we all know how Poole manipulated that last year so it shouldnt be an issue.

Personally i think there is a lot of rebuilding to do with major doubts over the top 2 and their free scoring reserve moving up into the team.

Edited by Gavan

You can have the other Aussie - Troy Batchelor! Please, Please, Please take him!

• Like 3

You can have the other Aussie - Troy Batchelor! Please, Please, Please take him!

No bugger wants him :D

• Like 1

I thought Chris came out before being announced in Poole's 2015 line up that he would ride for another team in England if left out of their team?.

Here is a link to an article on the Speedway GP website published in the early hours of this morning. See a direct quote from Holder just after half way down;

http://speedwaygp.com/news/article/4493/holder-hails-historic-hat-trick

:t:

Wonder what will happen with only two riders over 7 rule?

With only 11 riders with an average over 7 it is likely to be kept, although I do not like the idea of breaking up teams every year to fit the team limit.

I would think that Magic Janowski and Brady Kurtz would already be penciled in for next season, and wouldn't be surprised if Kacper Gomolski is also back.

Not sure if Davey and Dak will return on their averages. Both were a bit inconsistent at times, and struggled as a third heat leader. It's a real tough one for Kyle, who is a fan favourite, but will have to ride in the main team next year (assuming the rules stay the same). Also, depends on what average he would be given I guess.

Starkey is more than welcome to return. Gives 100% in every race, even when trailing in at the back sometimes.

I'm a huge Chris Holder fan, and am not sure about his status for 2016. His average looks appealing, knowing how good he once was, but, I'm not sure he will ever get back to those heights after his injuries. Out of sheer loyalty for his service and the instramental role he has played in the Prates success in recent memories, he should really be given a place in the side to be honest, and there is room for improvement (I hope).

ALWAYS believed, and this will go against the grain with many, that any team wishing to keep their 1-7 from one season to another should be allowed to do so and only be affected by any points limit should they want to make changes. Teams should aspire to being the best not waiting for others to be watered down to their level.

Would provide continuity for the fans as well as the riders but no doubt will be shot down in flames. Extinguisher at the ready ...

That would kill speedway. So Poole are allowed to keep the same 1-7. How the hell are Leciester or Wolves meant to build up to that level now? What happens in 12 months when Pooles 1-7 has improved even more? How can Leicester, Wolves, Lakeside and Swindon catch up? You'd have clubs closing down as they're losing 60-30.

One of the best things about speedway is the points limit. It means you can't just sign 7 good riders but you have to sign 7 improving riders and thats a far greater skill for a manager.