British Speedway Forum

You can have the other Aussie - Troy Batchelor! Please, Please, Please take him!

I like Batch. He'd be okay as 3rd heatleader. No pressure! Think Rosco will hang on to him though.

What about Bjarne? Maybe we could have him at no2 like Watt this year.

ALWAYS believed, and this will go against the grain with many, that any team wishing to keep their 1-7 from one season to another should be allowed to do so and only be affected by any points limit should they want to make changes. Teams should aspire to being the best not waiting for others to be watered down to their level.

Would provide continuity for the fans as well as the riders but no doubt will be shot down in flames. Extinguisher at the ready ...

I like that idea ....................... It would allow fans to build up a rapport with the riders on their team; and to give a team an indentity over a number of years, rather than just being an assorted group of 7 different hired hands each season.

That would kill speedway. So Poole are allowed to keep the same 1-7. How the hell are Leciester or Wolves meant to build up to that level now? What happens in 12 months when Pooles 1-7 has improved even more? How can Leicester, Wolves, Lakeside and Swindon catch up? You'd have clubs closing down as they're losing 60-30.

One of the best things about speedway is the points limit. It means you can't just sign 7 good riders but you have to sign 7 improving riders and thats a far greater skill for a manager.

BUT the other side of the coin could be that a rider like, for argument's sake, Brady Kurtz would be available for other teams if Poole stuck with their championship winning side.

Edited by PHILIPRISING

BUT the other side of the coin could be that a rider like, for argument's sake, Brady Kurtz would be available for other teams if Poole stuck with their championship winning side.

Would welcome him to Swindon.

Whilst agreeing there is some merit in retaining the same team in successive seasons, it would likely stint any overall improvement.

Matt Ford said publicly last night that he would be rebuilding the team for 2016. Make no mistake, promoters already know what team building rules will be in place - they just need to be rubber-stamped at the AGM - unless there is a new number of EL teams to consider?!

Also the paperwork for all visa riders needs to be in place before they all disappear back home, so some early decisions and announcements are likely!

What average would Dudek come in on?

He should be around 7 at a guess.

The team will no doubt be broken up completely it will be for the best there are a few I would chop but I cba to state who as I will get shot down in flames lol

Agree with the concern about Holder getting back to the standard he attained when world champ. I remember injuries having the same effect on Lars Gunnestad who I thought would make a very good GP rider but his form slumped to the point that he even struggled at reserve in his later years.

North out,too inconsistent...

Newman, Magic and Kurtz are a must imo

So Leciester could strengthen up by signing Brady Kurtz, a rider whos not as good as their 5th best rider?! Doesn't really work in theory and I doubt it would in reality.

As someone who has supported team that have gained and lost from the points limit I'm a fan of it. It stop, in theory, one team dominating. Poole have in fact pretty much dominated much of the last 7 years (finished top 6 or 7 seasons and won 4 title I believe), if you let them keep the same team nobody else would have a hope in hell.