British Speedway Forum

Were killing it because Matt Ford is doing his job. How many other promoters can actually put hand on heart and say the are doing the same..

He is doing his job, nobody can argue with that.

I think the problem is that by doing that he is destroying the Elite League, his financial muscle is talking very loud and clear and you question whether too many other clubs will bother trying to compete because they just can't

So for the good of Poole Speedway in the very short term he is doing his job, for the long term future of Poole and for the future of speedway in the UK I would seriously question it

Still at the point he has nobody to compete with I guess he will get bored and then Poole may just be left in a mess as well

Not sure too many people should be applauding this if you look at the bigger picture

• Like 3

He is doing his job, nobody can argue with that.

I think the problem is that by doing that he is destroying the Elite League, his financial muscle is talking very loud and clear and you question whether too many other clubs will bother trying to compete because they just can't

So for the good of Poole Speedway in the very short term he is doing his job, for the long term future of Poole and for the future of speedway in the UK I would seriously question it

Still at the point he has nobody to compete with I guess he will get bored and then Poole may just be left in a mess as well

Not sure too many people should be applauding this if you look at the bigger picture

Even Matt looks at the bigger picture, but if other promotions do not then they cannot expect to compete.Matt runs poole speedway how he see's fit and runs it professionally. Everybody starts at 0.

Would you tell Leicester City they can't win the league because, or would you tell Man utd you can't sign so and so because it gives the others no chance, Speedway is a club and team sport, it might do other promotions to remember that..

Edited by Starman2006

Even Matt looks at the bigger picture, but if other promotions do not then they cannot expect to compete.Matt runs poole speedway how he see's fit and runs it professionally. Everybody starts at 0.

Would you tell Leicester City they can't win the league because, or would you tell Man utd you can't sign so and so because it gives the others no chance, Speedway is a club and team sport, it might do other promotions to remember that..

Dangerous comparison between a sport which is on the up and up with money pouring into it at a level that the participants could only ever of dreamed of and a sport that is frankly dying on its arse

But if you see speedway as a good comparison to football then fair enough. Personally I think its a dreadful comparison when you talk about the bigger picture

Edited by Chris Brown
  • Like 1

Dangerous comparison between a sport which is on the up and up with money pouring into it at a level that the participants could only ever of dreamed of and a sport that is frankly dying on its arse

But if you see speedway as a good comparison to football then fair enough. Personally I think its a dreadful comparison when you talk about the bigger picture

No i don't, definately not. But the same comparisons stand, you have to look after your own..

To use football as an example a team that finishes bottom will be relegated because they haven't had enough money to get the players that the other teams have.

Yes Matt has to do everything that is right for his club but the other clubs can't & shouldn't stay in the Elite league if they can't compete.

Where will the Elite league stand if they lose more teams like Birmingham, Eastbourne, Peterborough who have decided to ride in the other leagues.

He is right to feel upset with only 5 league matches into a season and he gets axed. Its business and results driven but if he has personal problems its a pretty harsh way of helping him through a tough time.

To use football as an example a team that finishes bottom will be relegated because they haven't had enough money to get the players that the other teams have.

Yes Matt has to do everything that is right for his club but the other clubs can't & shouldn't stay in the Elite league if they can't compete.

Where will the Elite league stand if they lose more teams like Birmingham, Eastbourne, Peterborough who have decided to ride in the other leagues.

Agree. If teams do not have a chance of winning a league due to complete domination crowds will suffer. Its happened in football and other sports. It could be a one team league in 5 years. Strength is gained by proper competition.

• Like 1

Don't blame the poor bloke hes had the rug pulled from under him, by all accounts hes lost the love of his life and now hes no wages from Matt

• Like 1

Any idea how long Newman is out for?

A couple of matches it said in a previous link to the local paper re BP in and DW out.

Regarding DW his personal problems are none of ours business.

Any idea how long Newman is out for?

Kyle will be missing for as many meetings as it takes to recover.

Regarding DW his personal problems are none of ours business.

A bit late in the day for that.

• Like 1

Kyle will be missing for as many meetings as it takes to recover.

Thanks for your input Starman.

• Like 1

Thanks for your input Starman.

I do hope thats a straight post, because the lads had a very nasty experience..

A bit late in the day for that.

TBH I don't know who posted earlier in the thread and can't be bothered to look.

Let he or she who has never gone to work worrying/thinking about problems etc in their personal life cast the 1st stone.

I've done it and I bet there would be a bloody long line of others queued up behind me.