British Speedway Forum

More than 1 in 8 Under 25 don't have a job (and that excludes those in education), so boo-hoo to the OAPs who are a bit poor too. Also relative poverty is bullrubbish. What that says is that if 60% of the UK lived on steak, caviar and champagne that anyone living on pork chops, eggs and Prosecco would be living in poverty technically. Real poverty is whne you can't afford heat, food, water and a roof over your head - I don't have stats to hand but I bet an awful lot more under 25 can't afford a roof over their head than OAPs

Of course not all pensioners are. But on average, they're better off than the young. So if OAPs get a discount because some of them are poor, can young adults get a discount because more of them on average are poor?

You are vindicated SCB. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35056530

• Like 1

If that's the case Steve then of course I totally appologise and stand corrected but you can see how the misunderstanding occurred. I don't use Twitter either but I think I came across it through a link at some stage.

I can't believe you actually thought that was a genuine account!

• Like 1

I can't believe you actually thought that was a genuine account!

I am embarrassed to say I did, living as I do in the steam age and not being up to speed with all this technology nonsense. I think I was fooled by the bit that says something about being the worlds most famous fan of the worlds most famous Speedwáy team which really sounds like the sort if wind up he used to post on here !

It's funny, that report could have been lifted from a couple of my posts on here and tweaked to make it more readable :D

Still, starman knows best :D

That report also said "To ensure that younger households enjoy the same wealth in older age as recently retired households, we need to see a relentless focus on productivity to get wages growing at a healthier rate.

So maybe less time at work spent on Speedway issues and you might catch up.

• Like 2

That report also said "To ensure that younger households enjoy the same wealth in older age as recently retired households, we need to see a relentless focus on productivity to get wages growing at a healthier rate.

So maybe less time at work spent on Speedway issues and you might catch up.

Now if only all young people were wasting their time on speedway related stuff and that was why they were the poor, as at least the sport would be in a good place then :D

daks gone to swindon - er remind me what ford said only a couple of weeks ago...........

daks not riding over here this season decided to take a year out to look after his father......

i said it at the time ...dont believe anything poole release to the press 9/10 its codswallop

• Like 5

daks gone to swindon - er remind me what ford said only a couple of weeks ago...........

daks not riding over here this season decided to take a year out to look after his father......

i said it at the time ...dont believe anything poole release to the press 9/10 its codswallop

Ford is a wrong un. End of.

A cancer on the integrity of the sport.

• Like 4

Or maybe that's what Dak told him ? ( before everyone jumps on MF)

same old same old...............

people wonder why Poole are disliked well its all the cloak and dagger stuff and the outright lies

Bit like the rubbish you spout then.................but I do agree don't believe everything you read in the press including the fact that Chris Holder said he would ride for another team...................think you should not believe that either................

RP

I love that people think certain people are lying when someone prob just changed their mind/right club became available! :D

• Like 3

Very protective of Holder now re him never riding for another club but only a matter of time whenever his form does slip a lot of Poole fans will be crying out for Holder to leave just like they did with Bjarne Pedersen.Loyal lot as long as a rider is in top form.

Bit like the rubbish you spout then.................but I do agree don't believe everything you read in the press including the fact that Chris Holder said he would ride for another team...................think you should not believe that either................

RP

How about this one then;

"There were three of us going for two Pirates places in me, Maciej Janowski and Darcy Ward this winter. Magic has had a couple of good years here and me and Darcy the same. It's a bad position for the riders to be in when one of us can't come back, but it's not a bad position for the club. They have good riders to choose from. I didn't really want to be waiting around. I couldn't have really waited around as long as Magic did - I'd have probably had to go somewhere else. If Matt couldn't have fitted me in, no worries but I would have needed to start making plans."

From Chris Holder's guest column in Speedway Star, 28th March.

• Like 4