British Speedway Forum

Very protective of Holder now re him never riding for another club but only a matter of time whenever his form does slip a lot of Poole fans will be crying out for Holder to leave just like they did with Bjarne Pedersen.Loyal lot as long as a rider is in top form.

Well I am not one who has ever begged for a certain rider to leave at any time..............if a rider has a loss of form as Chris did this year I would not be saying he should go or be replaced like some fans on here...................if changes need to be made they will be but it will not be the baying fans that force them..........

How about this one then;

"There were three of us going for two Pirates places in me, Maciej Janowski and Darcy Ward this winter. Magic has had a couple of good years here and me and Darcy the same. It's a bad position for the riders to be in when one of us can't come back, but it's not a bad position for the club. They have good riders to choose from. I didn't really want to be waiting around. I couldn't have really waited around as long as Magic did - I'd have probably had to go somewhere else. If Matt couldn't have fitted me in, no worries but I would have needed to start making plans."

From Chris Holder's guest column in Speedway Star, 28th March.

And you believe everything you read in there???????????? I certainly don't................

RP

See the usual dregs of the forum are out in force today. Why on earth would he lie about that? Maybe he was misinformed? Maybe Dak changed his mind? Maybe Dak lied to him?

See? All sorts of alternative explanations but these don't match your agenda do they?

Very protective of Holder now re him never riding for another club but only a matter of time whenever his form does slip a lot of Poole fans will be crying out for Holder to leave just like they did with Bjarne Pedersen.Loyal lot as long as a rider is in top form.

Think you'll find the majority of poole fans wanted him to stay despite his up and down form and for me he should be first name on the team list every year

• Like 1

Well I am not one who has ever begged for a certain rider to leave at any time..............if a rider has a loss of form as Chris did this year I would not be saying he should go or be replaced like some fans on here...................if changes need to be made they will be but it will not be the baying fans that force them..........

And you believe everything you read in there???????????? I certainly don't................

RP

OK, so let's agree that Chris Holder is a liar. Fair enough.

From what Chris Holder earns at Poole and through Poole sponsorship, I doubt any other British club would be able to get close!!

Or maybe that's what Dak told him ? ( before everyone jumps on MF)

Dak's situation and change of heart has now come up on a number of threads.

He was definitely going to give 2016 a miss. However he has now had 3 contract offers from Denmark, Poland and now Swindon so has changed his mind, with the full support of his family.

I gather he's staying in Oz for as long as possible to help out and then coming over to Europe in late February - or possibly earlier?!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

From what Chris Holder earns at Poole and through Poole sponsorship, I doubt any other British club would be able to get close!!

WDak's situation and change of heart has now come up on a number of threads.

He was definitely going to give 2016 a miss. However he has now had 3 contract offers from Denmark, Poland and now Swindon so has changed his mind, with the full support of his family.

I gather he's staying in Oz for as long as possible to help out and then coming over to Europe in late February - or possibly earlier?!

I thought you said Poole don't pay top wages in the EL and riders come to ride for the Pirates for other reasons. Make your mind up!
  • Like 3

See the usual dregs of the forum are out in force today. Why on earth would he lie about that? Maybe he was misinformed? Maybe Dak changed his mind? Maybe Dak lied to him?

See? All sorts of alternative explanations but these don't match your agenda do they?

Think you'll find the majority of poole fans wanted him to stay despite his up and down form and for me he should be first name on the team list very year

Agree Rob VDS.

Anti Poole agenda from the usual :icon_smile_clown: with the others to follow in due course. And they wonder why we love beating them and then seeing them repeatedly bleating on here! :rofl:

Up The Poole Pirates :lol:

Edited by Poole Quay 7

How about this one then;

"There were three of us going for two Pirates places in me, Maciej Janowski and Darcy Ward this winter. Magic has had a couple of good years here and me and Darcy the same. It's a bad position for the riders to be in when one of us can't come back, but it's not a bad position for the club. They have good riders to choose from. I didn't really want to be waiting around. I couldn't have really waited around as long as Magic did - I'd have probably had to go somewhere else. If Matt couldn't have fitted me in, no worries but I would have needed to start making plans."

From Chris Holder's guest column in Speedway Star, 28th March.

only a complete numpty would argue against his own words. . Or a Poole fan! :rofl:

RP

So a Chris Holder column was not written by him or a complete lie? ?

Come on please!

• Like 2

So if he had not got an offer from Denmark, Poland or the UK, he would have stayed home to look after his Dad.

His Dad must be feeling a tad unfortunate that a successful, young, upcoming rider got three offers to ride. What are the chances?

If I don't get an offer to go out tonight, I'm going to solve world hunger. Fingers crossed.

Agree Rob VDS.

Anti Poole agenda from the usual :icon_smile_clown: with the others to follow in due course. And they wonder why we love beating them and then seeing them repeatedly bleating on here! :rofl:

Up The Poole Pirates :lol:

We're anti cheating not anti Poole and we do wonder why you love cheating us.

Stop yet cheating and we'll stop our bleating.

Edited by ouch
  • Like 3

Meanwhile in the real world of course any rider will have his team preferences but at the end of the day and because it is their living, they will go where the money is and good luck to them.

Personally I'm pleased to see Chris, Dak etc are back riding in the UK and good luck to them.

So if he had not got an offer from Denmark, Poland or the UK, he would have stayed home to look after his Dad.

His Dad must be feeling a tad unfortunate that a successful, young, upcoming rider got three offers to ride. What are the chances?

If I don't get an offer to go out tonight, I'm going to solve world hunger. Fingers crossed.
We're anti cheating not anti Poole and we do wonder why you love cheating us.
Stop yet cheating and we'll stop our bleating.

By the look of things you don't get out at all. :oops:

Give it a try and it might help you lighten up! :lol:

You have to love the spin that comes out of Poole sometimes. So North was going to stay in Australia if he didnt get offers? That was never going to happen was it?

OK, so let's agree that Chris Holder is a liar. Fair enough.

Press articles often deviate from the truth as it does not matter who wrote it it will often be edited down.................so I never said he was a liar............just that I do not believe everything they write in the press................

RP

You have to love the spin that comes out of Poole sometimes. So North was going to stay in Australia if he didnt get offers? That was never going to happen was it?

Don't see why this is so important to people to be honest. Poole couldn't fit him in, he obviously considered taking the year off but changed his mind.

So what? Are we that short of discussion points?

• Like 1

I thought you said Poole don't pay top wages in the EL and riders come to ride for the Pirates for other reasons. Make your mind up!

Poole don't pay silly wages but they do have quite a few decent sponsors who put packages together for certain riders. Some sponsors stick with a rider no matter who he rides for (depending on what their product/service is) eg Bjarne amongst others, but some don't and only offer the big bucks when riding for Poole.

• Like 1

Press articles often deviate from the truth as it does not matter who wrote it it will often be edited down.................so I never said he was a liar............just that I do not believe everything they write in the press................

RP

So when you read they will only ride for Poole it's likewise not necessarily true either.

That makes sense now.

• Like 1

RP

It's quoted from Holder though! So you don't believe Holder? ;)

Why would he stay in UK if he didn't have a team place?