British Speedway Forum

I sort of understand what Davey is saying but to say that he should have been given until August to improve... no way! The fact of the matter is Matt had to make a move whilst he still had a window of opportunity.

For what ever reason Watt was under performing and Ford acted, maybe showing one of the reasons why Poole are winners, other teams seem content to let riders under perform on a weekly bases then act when its to late.

• Like 3

I sort of understand what Davey is saying but to say that he should have been given until August to improve... no way! The fact of the matter is Matt had to make a move whilst he still had a window of opportunity.

What you mean to say is that Watt had to go because Coventry were sniffing round Pedersen!

• Like 5

Excuse me Mr Watt, but we are not Lakeside!! We make changes when necessary.

He has been at Poole long enough to know this!

August? He's having a laugh, isn't he??!
  • Like 2

What you mean to say is that Watt had to go because Coventry were sniffing round Pedersen!

You spend a lot of time telling people what they meant to say! What I had meant to say was what I said. Watt had to go because had his average fallen much further there would be no opportunity to sign Bjarne, a Poole asset, who Matt has always said he hoped would return one day.

• Like 2

It doesn't say that he wanted til August it says if his form had been as bad in August he would've understood his sacking more than now.

Matt has pooped on him from a great height, nothing else to say really.

Edited by Trees

It doesn't say that he wanted til August it says if his form had been as bad in August he would've understood his sacking more than now.

Matt has rubbish on him from a great height, nothing else to say really.

If his form was still this bad in August, his average would be 1.5/2 points lower. Great replacement we could have got then! I think Matt did the right thing, tough on Davey but right all the same.
  • Like 1

He hasn't pooped on him at all he was under performing he must go, sorry but its a result driven sport and you can't carry a bloke that's head is not in it.

• Like 3

You have your opinion I have mine, Matt certainly hasn't treated him like a valued employee here .......

• Like 1

Dont see any reason that an expierianced ,seasoned,International rider like Watt should be given time to improve should be ready from the off.What was he doing all winter!
  • Like 2

You have your opinion I have mine, Matt certainly hasn't treated him like a valued employee here .......

An under performing, low scoring rider is of value to no team, in this case Poole.

During the uproar about Buczkowski signing as a second string the argument was that Watt shouldn't have been classed as such, so one cancels the other out.

How's that argument now?

An under performing, low scoring rider is of value to no team, in this case Poole.

yes but Poole would not have been able bring in Pederson for Watt as he would have been a second string

The thing is if Watt had stayed and ridden at Kings Lynn tonight with his current scoring, then his 6.80 average from Monday may well have dropped below Bjarne's average - thereby stopping the switch from taking place?!

This is why Poole win, they make changes. It's perfectly reasonable and the stick they're getting is odd.

Absolutely the correct decision to let Watt go, he has been in decline the last couple of years and although he had a reasonable season last year you can't keep someone who is scoring so poorly. Bjarne may not be the rider he was either but he was let down by Lakeside and deserves a team place and will be an improvement on Davey.

• Like 1