British Speedway Forum

Poole couldn't of tried it on as you have to have 2 EDR's in a team at all times.

If Poole signed Zmarzlik for Ellis they'd have to replace 1 of their other top 5 for a rider on the EDR list & be under 40.5 team average as they'd of replaced 2 rider's at once.

Yes exactly, that was my point. If they'd have let Poole use say KK for Ellis, that would have effectively overridden the rule that you must have two FTRs in your line up and opened the floodgates up to abuse.

• Like 1

Correct, hopefully you give noddy as much stick for not bothering to compete in the Aussie championships.

Wonder which country our great World Champion has on his passport.

He wouldn't want to ride for Poole with such anti fans.

If they go back to Australia in the winter then I think they should, yes.

If you think that then tell me how Holder and Batchelor did in the Aussie champs??

If riding in your home country hinders you in your quest for the World Title then why would you ride here?

Tai short changed the Wolves fans last time he rode here because the league was low on his prioritys. Its better not to ride here then not try properly which is exactly what Holder was doing last night.

I would say the only gp rider that gives it his all over here is Doyle.

Why should Tai be forced to ride here if Hancock, Pedersen, Janowski and Kildemand dont?? You feel because he is British he should scupper his chance of individual success?? Crazy notion

Why would it stop him from being WC? It didn't stop Holder, Nicki (I think he won one of them while at Eastbourne?), Crump, Rickardsson. Maybe Tai isn't as good as them then?! :D

Oi! Not all of us are anti-Tai! It's only Lisa (who obviously doesn't know her limits! :wink: ) and the train spotter as far as I am aware.

Ha! It doesn't take a lot for me to go on a rant about Tai ;)

If they go back to Australia in the winter then I think they should, yes.

They should yes.

Tai doesn't ride here so by the same theory he doesn't have to either.

Good that we can agree on something. :t:

That's not a bad shout....

It is a bad shout!! He has never done much at Poole as far as I'm aware.

It didn't affect Mark Loram either - but thats another story!!!!

So Josh Auty rides at 3 tomorrow, being on the EDR list but with an average lower than Adam's!!??

So Poole have 2 Tier 1 EDRs in the team against Wolves, plus r/r for a 2nd string. Is that covered by the rules?

I have an occasional speedway fan coming along tomorrow - occasional due to shift work regretably - I'll do my best to explain this one.

I wonder what the rule would be if Poole decided they wanted to permanently replace Adam on his current average?

Edited by Skidder1

They should yes.

Tai doesn't ride here so by the same theory he doesn't have to either.

Good that we can agree on something. :t:

Depends if Tai is living in the country?

It didn't affect Mark Loram either - but thats another story!!!!

So Josh Auty rides at 3 tomorrow, being on the EDR list but with an average lower than Adam's!!??

So Poole have 2 Tier 1 EDRs in the team against Wolves, plus r/r for a 2nd string. Is that covered by the rules?

I have an occasional speedway fan coming along tomorrow - occasional due to shift work regretably - I'll do my best to explain this one.

I wonder what the rule would be if Poole decided they wanted to permanently replace Adam on his current average?

And that is exactly how it should be! You have to have 2 EDR riders in your 1-7 irrelevant of where they ride.

So Adam being injured and being in a heat leader role means that Poole can only put another EDR rider in the same position hence Auty is riding tomorrow.

And Poole can absolutly replace Ellis..................but with another EDR rider not anyone with an 8 point average!

So if Adam is out of Poole's team for a long period who do they have as a guest for him, another FDR from the start of the season or a guest up to his average?.

Why wasn't this sorted at the Agm!.

It is sorted. You MUST have two EDR riders at any given time so no Poole can not have a guest up to Adams average

Would appear that common sense can prevail at BSPA towers if that's the case.

Any other outcome would have effectively over ruled anything else that's in place re: FTRs. Poole could then have tried it on and dropped Ellis and signed Zmarzlik in his place.

Embarrassing that they have to wait until the horse has bolted before they sort these things out though.

Poole can not drop Ellis and get Zmarzlik!!

Otherwise Poole would just drop Ellis and Newman once they get the inflated false averages and could sign Zmarzlik and Janowski for example which would be farcical.

Ellis can only be replaced by another EDR rider

Actually the rule states each team should have 1 tier 1 EDR and 1 tier 2 EDR. That was the point of my post above because Poole will be tracking 2xTier 1 EDRs in Auty and Wright.

• Like 1

Depends if Tai is living in the country?

Why does it?

Nicki P has or had a house in Stevenage i believe but that made no difference to him racing in the UK.

Fail to see the relevance.

Actually the rule states each team should have 1 tier 1 EDR and 1 tier 2 EDR. That was the point of my post above because Poole will be tracking 2xTier 1 EDRs in Auty and Wright.

Clearly some sort of compromise.

Poole have tried to twist/interpret/apply the rules to suit ... again the poorly worded rulebook has opened that door...

As a compromise they've been allowed to use Auty.

Edited by BWitcher

Clearly some sort of compromise.

Poole have tried to twist/interpret/apply the rules to suit ... again the poorly worded rulebook has opened that door...

As a compromise they've been allowed to use Auty.

I think it's fair too for ALL EDR riders that move up.

so poole are allowed to have a tier 1 to guest for a tier 2

they'll all be doing it now, whats good for the goose is good for the gander

Edited by heathen chemistry

Not so. They can initially declare 3 EDRs of which the 2 sharing must both be Tier 2. On re-declaration the only stipulation is 2 EDRs.

Poole can not drop Ellis and get Zmarzlik!!

Otherwise Poole would just drop Ellis and Newman once they get the inflated false averages and could sign Zmarzlik and Janowski for example which would be farcical.

Ellis can only be replaced by another EDR rider

Yes I know. Can't people read posts on this bloody forum!

What I was saying is, if they'd have allowed a non EDR guest on Wednesday, it would have been open season for Poole, or anybody else for that matter, trying to fiddle an EDR out of their team.

Edited by CB252

so poole are allowed to have a tier 1 to guest for a tier 2

they'll all be doing it now, whats good for the goose is good for the gander

Don't have a problem with that though as the averages show Ellis has overtaken Newman so fairs fair imo. If it had to be titled as such, Newman should now be titled the Tier 2 rider