Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Thomsen isn't good enough, he needs to prove himself at Pl level yet, i have seen him and he's nowhere near Brady Kurtz level.

thomsens top notch his under 21 scores prove it

thomsens top notch his under 21 scores prove it

A final PL average of about 6 is decent but looks like he needs another year in PL to even think of being ready for EL, particularly if as it will be in the starting 1-5.

• Like 1

A final PL average of about 6 is decent but looks like he needs another year in PL to even think of being ready for EL, particularly if as it will be in the starting 1-5.

Do you know anything about him? Or have you just looked at his green sheet average?

He's be a great signing for any EL club and would be a 6 point rider on a 4 point average.

Do you know anything about him? Or have you just looked at his green sheet average?

He's be a great signing for any EL club and would be a 6 point rider on a 4 point average.

I know enough thanks.

It's just my opinion. To which I'm entitled.

I know enough thanks.

It's just my opinion. To which I'm entitled.

So how has he done this season?

He has done well for Peterborough and i have seen him a couple of times and he is a decent rider but in my opinion would struggle at second string in the EL when teams are looking at riders like Brady Kurtz as second strings who is much better.

• Like 1

you'd assume Magic, Holder and North are nailed on, with the remaining slots subject to points limit and rule on 7+ riders. Pawlicki would be excellent, but I assume he won't be signed for same reasons as this season. Think Thomsen would be an excellent signing, but with current rules would leave too many unused points. Magic, Holder, Pawlicki, North, Thomsen, with Newman at reserve would be a pretty tidy line up.

Can't see any value in Watt on a 7+ average, and not sure Gomolski offers much value on 5.5, given he had ridden the whole season as 2nd string.

Milik and Kurtz? Agree Bjerre would be a great signing on a sub 6 average, and know a lot of KL fans want rid, but surely KL would be made not to re-sign on this current average.

:rolleyes:

Seen a couple of times and looks decent enough.

Would have expected him to be performing better on a more regular basis at this stage of his career.

Hope that satisfies your need for information.

He has done well for Peterborough and i have seen him a couple of times and he is a decent rider but in my opinion would struggle at second string in the EL when teams are looking at riders like Brady Kurtz as second strings who is much better.

Precisely my thoughts.

However no doubt SCB thinks he knows better.

I

you'd assume Magic, Holder and North are nailed on, with the remaining slots subject to points limit and rule on 7+ riders. Pawlicki would be excellent, but I assume he won't be signed for same reasons as this season. Think Thomsen would be an excellent signing, but with current rules would leave too many unused points. Magic, Holder, Pawlicki, North, Thomsen, with Newman at reserve would be a pretty tidy line up.

Can't see any value in Watt on a 7+ average, and not sure Gomolski offers much value on 5.5, given he had ridden the whole season as 2nd string.

Milik and Kurtz? Agree Bjerre would be a great signing on a sub 6 average, and know a lot of KL fans want rid, but surely KL would be made not to re-sign on this current average.

Gomolski has more potential in my book, towards the end of the season he was getting double figures in some home meetings and on a 5.51 average is a snip.

Newman may not be allowed another season at reserve depends on the rules.Agree Watt isn't value and wouldn't want Bjerre even on a 5 point average too inconsistent.

Thomsen isn't good enough and we tend not to have too many Danes in recent years preferring Aussies, rather have Kurtz to Thomsen.

Thomsen has made it quite clear that he will not be returning to Peterborough and the Premier league next year as he is riding in Poland Extraliga and there is too many weekend meetings in the PL.

I don't think he will go Poole but wouldn't be surprised to see him at Kings Lynn next year

:rolleyes:

Seen a couple of times and looks decent enough.
Would have expected him to be performing better on a more regular basis at this stage of his career.
Hope that satisfies your need for information.

Precisely my thoughts.
However no doubt SCB thinks he knows better.

Anders Thomson has average 9.6 for Peterborugh this season :D After a last in his very first meeting for Peterborough he's only had 1 3rd (also in meeting 1 and that was in a 4-2 in heat 15) and 2 EFs other than that he's finished 1st or 2nd :D

So his higher than Kurtz PL average, his much higher U21 position than Kurtz and you would prefer Kurtz on 5.5 than Thomson on 4?!

All you "experts" commenting on him do realise his GSA is a rolling average than that he's only done a handful of meeting for Peterborough and has been brilliant? Just as he has been in the U21s, Demark and Poland?

I also seriously doubt any of you have seen him ride for Peterborough a "couple of times" :D

Edited by SCB

Anders Thomson has average 9.6 for Peterborugh this season :D After a last in his very first meeting for Peterborough he's only had 1 3rd (also in meeting 1 and that was in a 4-2 in heat 15) and 2 EFs other than that he's finished 1st or 2nd :D

So his higher than Kurtz PL average, his much higher U21 position than Kurtz and you would prefer Kurtz on 5.5 than Thomson on 4?!

All you "experts" commenting on him do realise his GSA is a rolling average than that he's only done a handful of meeting for Peterborough and has been brilliant? Just as he has been in the U21s, Demark and Poland?

I also seriously doubt any of you have seen him ride for Peterborough a "couple of times" :D

Yep i have friends in Peterborough and have seen him ride and in my view Kurtz is much better, not talking about his average just my opinion, hope he rides in the EL next season so i can prove my eyesight isn't failing!

If he was that good why did Peterborough stop him riding at Sheffield with a lame excuse just to get a better guest.

Edited by foreverblue

hardly definitive, but my statistical ranking of riders this year has Thomsen at 53rd in the world (directly behind Dakota North and Mikkel Bech), wheras Kurtz is ranked 91st.

Clearly a judgement call as to who has the most potential, but on results this season you'd have to say Thomsen's achievements comfortably surpass Kurtz's.

Of course SCB, you are the only person to travel to watch riders race and the only opinion that matters.

Back in the real world Thomsen is nowhere near the level, of Kurtz .

But you will probably question if I have seen him ride as well.

:rofl:

Of course SCB, you are the only person to travel to watch riders race and the only opinion that matters.

Back in the real world Thomsen is nowhere near the level, of Kurtz .

But you will probably question if I have seen him ride as well.

:rofl:

if he has a better average how can he be nowhere near his level ?