British Speedway Forum

In the real World Anders Thomson has beat Kurtz every time they have met.

But Stevebrum looked at some averages and is now being made to look silly. Rather than admitting he made a judgement based on averages he's continuing to argue and looking silly :D

And I've never claimed to have travelled to see him ride. You have though steve. So so tell, where/when did you see him ride?

Yep i have friends in Peterborough and have seen him ride and in my view Kurtz is much better, not talking about his average just my opinion, hope he rides in the EL next season so i can prove my eyesight isn't failing!

If he was that good why did Peterborough stop him riding at Sheffield with a lame excuse just to get a better guest.

Peterborough didbt stop him riding. He claimed he was ill so he could travel to the U21s Edited by SCB

Of course SCB, you are the only person to travel to watch riders race and the only opinion that matters.

Back in the real world Thomsen is nowhere near the level, of Kurtz .

But you will probably question if I have seen him ride as well.

:rofl:

Which real world?

Name somewhere he is better.

He wasn't better in the PL.

He wasn't better in the World U-21's.

Where is this 'real world'?

• Like 1

I

Gomolski has more potential in my book, towards the end of the season he was getting double figures in some home meetings and on a 5.51 average is a snip.

Newman may not be allowed another season at reserve depends on the rules.Agree Watt isn't value and wouldn't want Bjerre even on a 5 point average too inconsistent.

Thomsen isn't good enough and we tend not to have too many Danes in recent years preferring Aussies, rather have Kurtz to Thomsen.

If the draft is going to be judged on progress then no way should Newman, Garrity & Worrall be in it as they've had their 2 seasons & time to move to the main body of the team.

If the draft is going to be judged on progress then no way should Newman, Garrity & Worrall be in it as they've had their 2 seasons & time to move to the main body of the team.

The rules of the draft will suit Poole as they have the last two seasons if that means Newman being in it then he will be .

The rules of the draft will suit Poole as they have the last two seasons if that means Newman being in it then he will be .

Will be a joke if that happens & time for the promotors to put a stop to it.

• Like 1

Anders Thomson has average 9.6 for Peterborugh this season :D After a last in his very first meeting for Peterborough he's only had 1 3rd (also in meeting 1 and that was in a 4-2 in heat 15) and 2 EFs other than that he's finished 1st or 2nd :D

So his higher than Kurtz PL average, his much higher U21 position than Kurtz and you would prefer Kurtz on 5.5 than Thomson on 4?!

All you "experts" commenting on him do realise his GSA is a rolling average than that he's only done a handful of meeting for Peterborough and has been brilliant? Just as he has been in the U21s, Demark and Poland?

I also seriously doubt any of you have seen him ride for Peterborough a "couple of times" :D

How do you know who has been to which track? Not turning into a stalker like Game On are you?! 😐 :D

Ugh. You lot can argue all you like Matt wants Brady and would rather have Newman as other second string.

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 2

Kurtz and Newman would be a pretty weak 2nd string pairing if current point limit is kept. You'd end up with well over 3 unused points (assuming Magic, Holder, North), or 2 (assuming you got a 3rd heat leader close to the max 6.99 average).

tbh I'm fine with draft riders staying at reserve providing the "conventional" heat format is brought back, or just say minimum 3 brits per team, one of whom must be 21 or under and can remain at reserve all saeson. So the likes of Newmand, Garritty etc. could move between reserve and main body of the team. Starting average to be based on 2015 EL average times 50%, and be included in team building figures.

• Like 2

What people are forgetting is that Kyle was going to be in the main body of the team this year had he not been a draft rider...............

I hope they build the team around Magic next year............and would love to see Chris and Dak back...........

RP

if he has a better average how can he be nowhere near his level ?

as SCB would have you believe you can't make a judgement unless you have seen him ride, despite admitting he hasn't travelled to see him ride. You can't make this stuff up.

FWIW SCB is going on the 3 meetings he has ridden for Peterborough not the ones over a whole season like Kurtz has.

but of course we all know that judging a rider over 3 meetings is much better than a season worth.

By the same logic Hancock should be World Champion again.

If you want to add any sense to a subject (first time for everything I appreciate) then go do a bit of homework first.

But Stevebrum looked at some averages and is now being made to look silly. Rather than admitting he made a judgement based on averages he's continuing to argue and looking silly :D

And I've never claimed to have travelled to see him ride. You have though steve. So so tell, where/when did you see him ride?

And judging a rider on 3 meetings for one team isn't silly?

oh dear, can't say I'm surprised.

I certainly have no interest in getting into a debate about where I have seen him race. However if you think that's "silly" then so be it. I'd rather rate a rider over a full season.

Which real world?

Name somewhere he is better.

He wasn't better in the PL.

He wasn't better in the World U-21's.

Where is this 'real world'?

Kurtz will be the most wanted rider in the EL next season.

Enough said.

Edited by stevebrum

How do you know who has been to which track? Not turning into a stalker like Game On are you?! 😐 :D

Ugh. You lot can argue all you like Matt wants Brady and would rather have Newman as other second string.

As Anders has been nothing other than great in the UK this season I think its a pretty safe bet that stevebrum hasn't seen him on any track looking ordinary :D

as SCB would have you believe you can't make a judgement unless you have seen him ride, despite admitting he hasn't travelled to see him ride. You can't make this stuff up.

FWIW SCB is going on the 3 meetings he has ridden for Peterborough not the ones over a whole season like Kurtz has.

but of course we all know that judging a rider over 3 meetings is much better than a season worth.

If you want to add any sense to a subject (first time for everything I appreciate) then go do a bit of homework first.

I certainly have no interest in getting into a debate about where I have seen him race. However if you think that's "silly" then so be it. I'd rather rate a rider over a full season.

Enough said.

So where has Kurtz been better than him ...you say you done your homework so it should a easy answer .What logic are you using that would make Greg Hancock world champion by the way ....is this same homework you used to work out North average last week ? I expect you can't get into a debate about where you seen him race as it's quite clear you never have .

Edited by orion

Enough said.

Youre the one who claimed to see him! Not me! So come on, you have seen him a couple of times, where and when? Or is it I lie?

As for judging him on 3 meetings, he's had 5 for Peterborough, the World Under 21s, Danish league and Polish league.

You don't have to have seen a rider to know he's any good but you have claimed Kurtz is better. Based on what?

You suggest doing homework first, I have. I know he's had a great season abroad. Yet you looked at his rolling PL average and jumped it and now look stupid. You then claimed to have seen him ride, so where and when?

Edited by SCB

And I've never claimed to have travelled to see him ride.

I have. At this stage of their careers, Thomsen is the superior rider. Thomsen is on a par with the Michelsens and Bechs. Kurtz, whilst having plenty of talent, still has a bit to go. Thomsen doesn't constantly roll at the start either!

Nobody is judging him on 3 meetings for a team.

Of course you're not interested in getting into a debate.. as you haven't seen him most likely.

Anderson has been better than Kurtz this season.. that is indisputable.

As Anders has been nothing other than great in the UK this season I think its a pretty safe bet that stevebrum hasn't seen him on any track looking ordinary :D

I haven't seen him at Peterborough.

So where has Kurtz been better than him ...you say you done your homework so it should a easy answer .What logic are you using that would make Greg Hancock world champion by the way ....is this same homework you used to work out North average last week ? I expect you can't get into a debate about where you seen him race as it's quite clear you never have .

it's quite clear you don't read posts correct.

Anders has had 3 official matches for Peterborough, but if you want to make an opinion on 3 matches go ahead.

You are clearly the sudden expert on Anders so let's hear you're educated opinion on his form this year.

Over to the expert.

Nobody is judging him on 3 meetings for a team.

Of course you're not interested in getting into a debate.. as you haven't seen him most likely.

Anderson has been better than Kurtz this season.. that is indisputable.

I'd have more respect if you could spell his name right.

Youre the one who claimed to see him! Not me! So come on, you have seen him a couple of times, where and when? Or is it I lie?

As for judging him on 3 meetings, he's had 5 for Peterborough, the World Under 21s, Danish league and Polish league.

You don't have to have seen a rider to know he's any good but you have claimed Kurtz is better. Based on what?

You suggest doing homework first, I have. I know he's had a great season abroad. Yet you looked at his rolling PL average and jumped it and now look stupid. You then claimed to have seen him ride, so where and when?

He rides in other countries other than the PL.

You rate him higher than I do.

It's no biggie to me if you believe I have seen him or not.

No need to get such a hard on over it.

Shame I haven't had chance to see him at Peterborough this year. His form for them has been good I grant you.

• Like 1