British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BWitcher

Matt Ford - One Of The Greats?

Ford has done really well and many can learn how he has ran his club ..it's a pity that he found the need to cheat so many times in the pursuit of glory and sadly in history outside of Poole fans will look at him as a cheat and nothing more .

• Like 7

Ford has done really well and many can learn how he has ran his club ..it's a pity that he found the need to cheat so many times in the pursuit of glory and sadly in history outside of Poole fans will look at him as a cheat and nothing more .

Spot on. That unfortunately will be Fords epitaph and no amount of discussion will change it. . Nothing more to be said really

• Like 2

Actually the majority of people in the area do not have more disposable income..................the cost of living is getting higher and wages are not increasing.................I have to pick and choose which matches I go to because to go to every home meeting would mean that we would have to go without essentials some weeks..............not everyone in the area is wealthy as you imply................you try living on the same disposable income in the same area as you have done for the last 6 years.................

RP

As a family we are several grand worse off the last 2 years so i know how it is trust me.

I didnt imply, I was talking generally. Obviously there will be people that struggle down south too but generally Dorset is an affluent area much more so compared to Coventry and places up North.

Edited by woz01

.........Aces51...... The only thing I could add is that I am sure that Matt and Middlo are also kind to animals and elderly people.

I don't think Middlo was in a 'kind to animals' mood when his own dog bit him. I bet it was straight down the vets.

We don't always agree Skidder, but we do 100% on this one.... although I will add, that whilst they are made to suit the weaker teams, Ford is very clever at ensuring they suit him also.

If that were totally true then the EL would have been operating squads 4-5 years ago; and the EDR would have started in the PL NOT the EL!! :wink:

Edited by Skidder1

As a family we are several grand worse off the last 2 years so i know how it is trust me.

I didnt imply, I was talking generally. Obviously there will be people that struggle down south too but generally Dorset is an affluent area much more so compared to Coventry and places up North.

I think most people are worse off generally than they were 2 years ago..............I am on the same as I was 6 years ago (not in the same job) and him indoors had a minimal pay rise this year for the first time in 6 years...............it is a more affluent area but what needs to be born in mind is that houses here are far more expensive than up North and in parts of the Midlands...........the cost of living is generally more expensive and yet like everywhere else wages and salaries do not increase.................

The company that him indoors works for have repeatedly asked for us to move to nearer their head office which is near Broadway in Worcestershire and we have repeatedly said no............why???????? Because it is easier for him to get everywhere he needs to be apart from two places from here...........and our youngest has special needs and we did not want to go through the upheaval of changing schools and health authorities to get things right for him.................and it would be more expensive to buy a house there than here.............if we could even sell ours.............

Sorry to have gone off topic guys............

RP

If that were totally true then the EL would have been operating squads 4-5 years ago; and the EDR would have started in the PL NOT the EL!! :wink:

EL needed it, but PL didn't want it.

• Like 1

If it was down to disposable income then Lakeside should have the biggest crowds in speedway, with the highest-paid peeps living in London/Essex/South-East. Them and Belle Vue in Greater Madchester should have the biggest crowds, massive catchment areas of millions compared to rural Dorset. The south-west, which includes Swindonia, doesn't have the high salaries in comparison to the south-east. Shouldn't think many of the millionaires from Sandbanks go to speedway! Poole do well to attract speedway's biggest crowds, still paltry though compared to years ago, when 4000 was a crap attendance at Blunsdon! now 2000 is a "massive" crowd.

• Like 1

EL needed it, but PL didn't want it.

Well, 'some' of the EL needed it, and I agree about the PL. :wink::wink:

• Like 1

If it was down to disposable income then Lakeside should have the biggest crowds in speedway, with the highest-paid peeps living in London/Essex/South-East. Them and Belle Vue in Greater Madchester should have the biggest crowds, massive catchment areas of millions compared to rural Dorset....................

But Belle Vue has a lot of competition. Football, cricket, rugby league and even rugby union are all chasing the same crowd.