British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Swindon 2016 - A New Era Starts...we Thought..

Top 4 & a wildcard pick of Batchelor is what I heard but could be wrong

Ahh, ok, sounds likely to me. Thanks.

Have to laugh at anyone who thought the new stadium would be ready.

I have to laugh (well, more of a bemused shake of the head actually) at anybody who scores needless, unhelpful cheap points off fellow fans as if they are the enemy. The enemy here is the developers. It might help some to remember that.

• Like 6

Drove past the stadium with my 3 year yesterday and he said to me Daddy I can't see the new speedway yet. I said its not there yet and he said they don't want to build it do they!!! Seems a 3 year has understood it a lot sooner than it took his old man to realise its a crook of rubbish!

• Like 2

What I don't understand....and perhaps a Swindon fan can explain.....If they haven't started on the new stadium yet and are going to use the old one until it's ready why has a house been built in/near the pits or are they going to be in a different place?

What I don't understand....and perhaps a Swindon fan can explain.....If they haven't started on the new stadium yet and are going to use the old one until it's ready why has a house been built in/near the pits or are they going to be in a different place?

They have been building the houses on the west and south of the present stadium, those built right next to the pits were a decision by the builder, presumably on the understanding, and the bull crap, from Stadia UK that the new stadium, which is planned to be east of the present stadium, would have been built and used in March 2016. Anyway the purchaser of those next to the pits should get a good view of the racing.

• Like 1

They have been building the houses on the west and south of the present stadium, those built right next to the pits were a decision by the builder, presumably on the understanding, and the bull crap, from Stadia UK that the new stadium, which is planned to be east of the present stadium, would have been built and used in March 2016. Anyway the purchaser of those next to the pits should get a good view of the racing.

http://blunsdonblog.co.uk/?attachment_id=10827

Those owners could make a fortune selling tea, coffee and sandwiches to the riders etc. They could also rent out their garage as a speedway workshop.

"A ORLOV" have you any idea where the new pits will be going? anywhere near those legendary smelly bogs by any chance.?

"A ORLOV" have you any idea where the new pits will be going? anywhere near those legendary smelly bogs by any chance.?

Nearer the A419, but as the bogs are a listed building they might be moving them to the new stadium. Apparently Rosco is trying to get them de listed and if this happens invites will go out for offers from fans to purchase them.

Edited by A ORLOV

How close will the new stadium be to the houses that are being built in that photo in the Blundson Blog?

• Like 1

How close will the new stadium be to the houses that are being built in that photo in the Blundson Blog?

About 100 or 150 yds, ie the length of the present stadium as one bend of the new one overlaps the present entrance, but they will be building houses on the present stadium site.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

That is a good question. There was supposed to be a buffer of commercial property between the new stadium and the houses, however last year plans were submitted to reduce the amount of commercial and increase the houses.

So basically your guess is as good as anyone's!

• Like 3

Thanks for the replies chaps. It is a few years since I was at the Abbey with Peterborough and I am trying to picture the stadium and where those houses are. Can anyone point me in the right direction on this photo?:

abbey_v02.jpg

Many thanks.