British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Swindon 2016 - A New Era Starts...we Thought..

I think the modern term is called ADHD......check it out on the Internet. You may well self diagnose.

good for you sweetheart, who taught you that or is that something that's now taught in schools.

I must admit, it is a cracking looking stadium. What other sports will be held there?

As far as I know this year's FA Cup/Carling Cup Finals, The World Athletics Championships, and the British speedway GP, and England Rugby and Swindon Town FC will be ground-sharing in the new 80,000-seater stadium aptly named The Rosco Arena. Will bring millions of pounds into the local economy.

topless synchronised swimming.

My main concern is have the back-straight bogs been incorporated, and the lack of grass banks means people will be refused entry if they bring their own seats?

• Like 1

As far as I know this year's FA Cup/Carling Cup Finals, The World Athletics Championships, and the British speedway GP, and England Rugby and Swindon Town FC will be ground-sharing in the new 80,000-seater stadium aptly named The Rosco Arena. Will bring millions of pounds into the local economy.

My main concern is have the back-straight bogs been incorporated, and the lack of grass banks means people will be refused entry if they bring their own seats?

The fact that it can be moved to another location in 48 hours must be one of its best features. Great for getting round the local planning regulations.

With houses now being built in the pits, I feel that this proposed new stadium will need to be started pretty sharpish or we could well end up closing down mid-season.

I hope Swindon doesn't become another Oxford/Birmingham, with all matches becoming null and void, but this stadium seriously needs to be started.

I just hope the pressure is kept on Stadia UK so they have no choice but to build it if they want the rest of these houses built too. Because houses being put up within the actual grounds of the stadium is not a good sign.

• Like 1

With houses now being built in the pits, I feel that this proposed new stadium will need to be started pretty sharpish or we could well end up closing down mid-season.

I hope Swindon doesn't become another Oxford/Birmingham, with all matches becoming null and void, but this stadium seriously needs to be started.

I just hope the pressure is kept on Stadia UK so they have no choice but to build it if they want the rest of these houses built too. Because houses being put up within the actual grounds of the stadium is not a good sign.

They're not literally being built IN the pits....but they are right up to the boundary fence that was in place all of last season.

But agree, needs to be started soonish.

• Like 2

That house my not be where the riders are during the meeting, but looks pretty much bang on the spot where I once got Ivan Mauger's autograph while he was in conversation with Melvin Soffe.

• Like 1

I just wish they would announce this is started. According to Swindon's twitter its all systems go for the new season. Clearly it isn't.

I just wish they would announce this is started. According to Swindon's twitter its all systems go for the new season. Clearly it isn't.

All systems are go for 2016 but in the old stadium.

so is 2016 going to be the last year then? Given stadium UK (or whatever they are called) previous and the deadly silence around the whole thing, aside from excuse after excuse. The reason I keep posting is Swindon fans are going to have to take the bull by the horns if nothing happens soon.

They should be very concerned.

so is 2016 going to be the last year then? Given stadium UK (or whatever they are called) previous and the deadly silence around the whole thing, aside from excuse after excuse. The reason I keep posting is Swindon fans are going to have to take the bull by the horns if nothing happens soon.

They should be very concerned.

This seriously needs a save our speedway campaign with plenty of press coverage. I warned some time ago that my suspicion is that Stadia UK would rather have more houses than a new stadium. And at Reading we remember how they wriggle. Our council were as much pro speedway and dogs but to no avail.

Don't Stadia UK want a new stadium for greyhounds then?!

Don't Stadia UK want a new stadium for greyhounds then?!

I doubt it. Greyhound racing is, if anything, struggling more than speedway. They have Poole,, their CEO Osbourne must be nearly 70...

More dosh from more houses etc is likely to win the day and so far they seem to be getting away with it.

Edited by remembertheracers

I doubt it. Greyhound racing is, if anything, struggling more than speedway. They have Poole,, their CEO Osbourne must be nearly 70...

More dosh from more houses etc is likely to win the day and so far they seem to be getting away with it.

I thought the Greyhounds was doing ok? it is a bags track and they get a fair bit from SIS I believe.?

Not at the moment they are not. They are not allowed to knock down the stadium until the new one is built or build more than I think 200 houses. Unfortunately it is a waiting game.

Edited by A ORLOV

Tragic really that a speedway club like Swindon is relying on this bunch. Lets hope their lawyers are right on the case.

• Like 2