Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Swindon 2016 - A New Era Starts...we Thought..

Guess all will depend whether Swindon want a rider already riding & based in Britain like Tungate or a foreign rider who will incur travel costs extra.

Michelsen must be an option as he flies round The Abbey.

• Like 1

Guess all will depend whether Swindon want a rider already riding & based in Britain like Tungate or a foreign rider who will incur travel costs extra.

Michelsen must be an option as he flies round The Abbey.

Michelsen is very decent, Tungate i like he has improved not keen on Wells who has been mentioned. Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Michelsen is very decent, Tungate i like he has improved not keen on Wells who has been mentioned.

Tungate has gone backwards in the PL the last 2 seasons.

Wells a much better option out the 2 IMHO.

I was lucky enough to go to watch last two rounds of Aussie champs (and meet Phil crump) this year and tungate was flying improving all the time would be a good signing

Nothing personal against Tungate but it's a move that has taken Swindon from play off certainties to also rans. He will need to get dialled in at home v.quickly.

They may well qualify for the Play Offs but there is a lot of pressure now on Morris and 'his mate' to score highly both home and away but given their inconsistencies this will be above them.

Wells would, for me, have been a better signing and added some depth to the team with his EL experience.

Overall, for me a disappointing signing and I hope he and the team prove me wrong. Too close to call with regards the play offs.

Tungate is a poor signing, Ricky Wells would have been better, there is a lot of Draft riders better than Tungate like Josh Auty, Kyle Howarthand Steve Worrall, i know Swindon and Somerset are fairly close but are they trying to be the same team, either Swindon apart from Doyle are weak or Somerset are strong, I'm going for a weak Swindon,

Swindon are relying too much on Nick Morris and Josh G, neither are out and out PL number 1 (averages don't lie) so been heat leaders in the EL just shows how poor the league is and i don't think Swindon will make play offs, they will be battling at the bottom with Wolves,Kings Lynn and Leicester.

Swindon seem to like these Aussie boys, i wonder who is making these team selections as there is better riders than Tungate about.

Signing Tungate was a no brainer for the 2016 Roooobins - although it does weaken the team.

Edited by Steve0

Poor signing imo. Team is very weak. It is a premier league team with Jason Doyle heading the team.

No chance of the play offs

Do you mean no chance of the Play Offs? Because other than Poole & Belle Vue the rest look awful, I'd say Swindon have as much chance of 3rd or 4th as anyone.

Nothing personal against Tungate but it's a move that has taken Swindon from play off certainties to also rans. He will need to get dialled in at home v.quickly.

They may well qualify for the Play Offs but there is a lot of pressure now on Morris and 'his mate' to score highly both home and away but given their inconsistencies this will be above them.

Wells would, for me, have been a better signing and added some depth to the team with his EL experience.

Overall, for me a disappointing signing and I hope he and the team prove me wrong. Too close to call with regards the play offs.

I am not convinced that Wells would of been the answer ,Tungate to me he looks like he has improved going by his results in Aussie.I have always liked him as a rider hope he gets on the pace from the off.

Don't know much about Tungate and opinions seem mixed so will have to wait and see.

There is clearly a plan to go with Aussies this year so hopefully team spirit will benefit as a result.

I am surprised we never went for Bjerre though, seeing as he could have been fitted in.

Cannot recall seeing him ride but will hope Rohan can get somewhere near what Dak was capable of.

• Like 1

Cannot recall seeing him ride but will hope Rohan can get somewhere near what Dak was capable of.

Not sure he's ridden too much at Blunsdon. I've seen him at Somerset several times. Last season he posted a very decent 16 points and looked very fast. Diminutive rider, dare I say it, he reminds me of Mike Keen! ;)

I am not convinced that Wells would of been the answer ,Tungate to me he looks like he has improved going by his results in Aussie.I have always liked him as a rider hope he gets on the pace from the off.

I have seen enough of Wells to know that when he gets dialled in he is plenty quick enough and has done so on many occasions at The Abbey. He is a solid 6 point man, something which cannot be said yet of Tungate. However, I hope RT proves me wrong and that a change of scenery, Vegimite sandwiches on tap, a Fosters tinny at the team meetings, INXS belting out over the tannoy and with Sheila's Wheels as new sponsors he is going to be an adequate replacement for North. I am basing my opinion for Tungate on gut instinct, nothing more, and Wells on what I have seen over several seasons.

Polar would have been the best shout of all on that average but I am guessing he's booked in at The Stars