Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Swindon 2016 - A New Era Starts...we Thought..

"The only reason we’ve allowed this to happen is to protect Nick’s interests. Nick has had a gun put to his head to force him to ride for his Polish club, and if he had raced for us tonight there was a serious risk he would have lost his team place with Wroclaw."

That sounds to me like he is contracted to Swindon or why would Rosco say that? So he should put his foot down!

Nick should put his foot down or Rosco? Nick could have called the Poles bluff, but a very risky strategy. Is he riding in Sweden this year?

"The only reason we’ve allowed this to happen is to protect Nick’s interests. Nick has had a gun put to his head to force him to ride for his Polish club, and if he had raced for us tonight there was a serious risk he would have lost his team place with Wroclaw."

That sounds to me like he is contracted to Swindon or why would Rosco say that? So he should put his foot down!

If he was contracted, Rosco would have said so.

He's just trying to save face and appease Swindon fans.

Swindon aren't even riding tonight so there is no possible way Morris is 'contracted' to ride for them.

Well Morris certainly wasn't happy about being named to be at Somerset. I think there is an element of spin in the statement.

• Like 2

Doyle & Morris seemed disappointed when they were told a couple of weeks ago they had to ride in this meeting instead of elsewhere. Not convinced a gun needed to be held to Nick's head.

What a shambles of a sport & a great way to start the season.

This should've been sorted out ages ago & to use R/R in the first meeting is very poor.

Absolutely disgusting that a rider signed to ride for a British team in the UK is allowed to ride for a foreign team riding in the UK on the same night. It is plain wrong and I don't really care about Nick having to keep Wroclaw sweet - what about Swindon and Somerset?? :mad: :mad: :mad:

And I don't care if they are only season starting friendlies!!

Somerset Speedway should start legal proceedings against Wroclaw for lost attendance revenue. It would be good to think that British supporters could stand up against yet more bullying by Polish Speedway by boycotting the King's Lynn match but sadly I can't see it.

Somerset Speedway should start legal proceedings against Wroclaw for lost attendance revenue. It would be good to think that British supporters could stand up against yet more bullying by Polish Speedway by boycotting the King's Lynn match but sadly I can't see it.

lmao.

Legal proceedings.. hilarious.

• Like 1

It is disappointing that Morris has been put in this position. Wroclaw, out of courtesy, should have checked the British fixtures and if any riders were likely to be affected.

That said, Morris is a self-employed worker and he is therefore free to choose who to ride for. As disappointing as this is for both Swindon and Somerset, Morris' long term development depends on riding for Wroclaw so a pragmatic view should be taken on this occasion.

We had this last year with Poole where only Watt and Gomolski rode and now again with Morris. As a Rebel fan I feel let down by this.

• Like 1

This wouldn't have been so bad if it was announced last week when first mentioned but to leave it till the day of the meeting is once again treating the fans like idiots.

• Like 3

This wouldn't have been so bad if it was announced last week when first mentioned but to leave it till the day of the meeting is once again treating the fans like idiots.

Mate nail right on the nead!! I advocated that Nick rode for the Poles to save getting flak from them as they are ruthless and manipulative but this should have either been sorted last week or if what i suspect has happened and it WAS arranged in advance then at least announced well before today...smacks of something rather secretive going on and a bit insulting to Rebels/Robins supporters paying earned money to watch this..couldnt give a crap what the likes of Orion think being only a 'friendly' like his opinions really count! As for Bewitcher well do we really have to bother arguing with him?! Fans shouldnt keep being informed on the day of the meeting and if we had been told he would be riding for the Poles with warning i dont think most would had been that upset....i wouldnt had been good luck to him

Mate nail right on the nead!! I advocated that Nick rode for the Poles to save getting flak from them as they are ruthless and manipulative but this should have either been sorted last week or if what i suspect has happened and it WAS arranged in advance then at least announced well before today...smacks of something rather secretive going on and a bit insulting to Rebels/Robins supporters paying earned money to watch this..couldnt give a crap what the likes of Orion think being only a 'friendly' like his opinions really count! As for Bewitcher well do we really have to bother arguing with him?! Fans shouldnt keep being informed on the day of the meeting and if we had been told he would be riding for the Poles with warning i dont think most would had been that upset....i wouldnt had been good luck to him

You seem a tad confused as you've agreed with pretty much what I've said all along....

I totally agree that Swindon have handled this situation appallingly..

I don't agree that it's a disgrace if Morris rode for Wroclaw.

Edited by BWitcher

is this the final nail in the coffin for uk speedway when the poles can dictate when we can use riders who are contracted in our country

poland flexes it muscles and the uk bows down

have to feel sorry for morris but really this should not be allowed to happen

• Like 1

is this the final nail in the coffin for uk speedway when the poles can dictate when we can use riders who are contracted in our country

poland flexes it muscles and the uk bows down

have to feel sorry for morris but really this should not be allowed to happen

Yeah, you're right, the final nail.. a rider isn't racing for a 'select' team.

• Like 1