British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Cradley 2016

It's not on the road, if you go to the bottom of Canal street it's there and the old train route used to run through!

If you go on google maps and find it, on the actually map view the old railway track is on the map and that's the line that metro want to use. The link between Wolverhampton and Brum is majority on old lines from the 1930s!

9 to 10.5................depends how he team rides with his partner in a Heat. he has in the past followed team mates home many times.

I can't help but think this Cradley team is either a genuine title threat or a barely mid-table also-ran, and I really can't make my mind up which. So much rests on Kingston and Chessell (as I think we're very good at the top end and okay at the bottom end). They can both be match winners or cost you dearly at any given time. 1st or 7th?! :neutral:

I can't help but think this Cradley team is either a genuine title threat or a barely mid-table also-ran, and I really can't make my mind up which. So much rests on Kingston and Chessell (as I think we're very good at the top end and okay at the bottom end). They can both be match winners or cost you dearly at any given time. 1st or 7th?! :neutral:

That's my thinking on the team too! But I can't see you dropping as far as seventh. The two riders to make or break the team are obvious but even if they end up on the floor after they've led for 3 laps there's plenty of points and track advantage to win your home meetings and away I can see you getting to 42 and a bonus point. Imo its a play-off team and by that time Chessell and Kingston may have learnt to stay on in a point scoring position. My concern is those two as an erratic pairing who could as easily concede a 5-0 as hit a 5-1 over a genuine number 1!

• Like 1

I don't think we will start very good but finish very strong! I think Andrews and Purchase will leap frog the second strings into their positions!

I agree also, it's either going to be formidable or a complete disaster from a Cradley point of view! It's an exciting league this year, lots of riders and team who could ruffle feathers and get amongst the pigeons!

This is why I love NL speedway and hope stay here for a while yet!

• Like 1

Thing is both lads have been around a while, by which I mean that 2106 isn't their 1st/2nd season, so their reputation for binning it is a well established one. I hope to be proven very wrong but I can't see why the latter part of the coming season should suddenly be any different. Like I say; hope I'm wrong though.

From a neutral point of view it promises to be another fascinating season. From the riders named so far I see B'ham and Mildy as faves. Eastie will be up there if/when they make changes for the second half of the season. KL look much better. Buxton continue to improve after some poor back-to-back seasons. Cov are solid enough assuming Dan and Martin maintain last season's form and Liam progresses as expected. Kent, Rye and Stoke will spring a few surpises. IOW may struggle away but once dialed in they could be useful at home. Bit of a question mark as to where BV fit in to all this at the moment but I suspect they'll be at least middle order to challenging for a PO spot.

I was just reading through the posts on the cradley website and I was surprised that the club had been overwhelmed by resoonce to season ticket sales and that we were approaching 200 season ticket sales.

I don't know about you lot here but does 200 seem lower than you thought, they say that it's a good amount of sales and it is but a little lower than I thought. I know we are well supported but I usually seen towards 1000 at cradley meetings!?

It's the fact the of your going to most matches then the season ticket is just good value if you go far in the cup and into play offs!

It's the fact the of your going to most matches then the season ticket is just good value if you go far in the cup and into play offs!

Agreed but only if you have the money in advance and know you are going every week. Its easier to find the money in weekly / monthly instalments than in one lump. Id say anything in excess of 200 is excellent. Some matches in the NL last year had less than that as a total crowd.

Agreed but only if you have the money in advance and know you are going every week. Its easier to find the money in weekly / monthly instalments than in one lump. Id say anything in excess of 200 is excellent. Some matches in the NL last year had less than that as a total crowd.

Went to stoke, Buxton last season & some weeks 200 would have been all that was there.Some elite clubs would love to have 200 season tickets holders.

200 is very good especially for a club that isn't staying in one place! Shows what good backing they have I cant see why you would be disappointed

Im sure I saw quoted that some NL meetings at Kings Lynn had sub 100 spectators? Shame really as the racing is often more entertaining that in the EL.

If season ticket holders equate to appox a quarter of crowds then you should be in for a strongly supported season indeed.