British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Cradley 2016

Lets all be honest, we all knew that this team was not good enough as soon as we saw it. Time now is to build for next season & move on.Take any rewards that come this season & hope that club management have learnt their lesson.

Lets all be honest, we all knew that this team was not good enough as soon as we saw it. Time now is to build for next season & move on.Take any rewards that come this season & hope that club management have learnt their lesson.

"build for next season" .surely the management should want to salvage something from this season..

RR again scored 0. seems to me (and a lot of others) that they don't give stuff about the club so long as the money keeps rolling in for them.It were exactly the same last year when NG got injured, plod along with 6 riders then put the club up for sale or shut completely . Whats it going to be this winter????What ever it is I am sure there will be a replica race jacket for it.!!

• Like 1

Having stood in the freezing cold on press day, it was easy to see that this was going to be a long season of disapointment. So yes lets start looking ahead & try and make things better for next year.

Having stood in the freezing cold on press day, it was easy to see that this was going to be a long season of disapointment. So yes lets start looking ahead & try and make things better for next year.

do you honestly think that the current "promotion/management" are looking at next year,they don't seem bothered about this year or last come to think of it,this winter will be the same old s**t. they cant even be bothered to turn up to the meetings.

Rather not make playoffs cus not good enuff to be there.

Have to say i agree, and thats been clear for everyone to see.

Edited by greyhoundp

Well, let's face it, until very recently the stadium was going to be knocked down at the end of this season so they didn't put much effort in.

So Cradley's move to bring in Tyler Govier has been blocked

His average was too high to replace James Purchase in August so he was due to come into the team in September when it dropped below James' but the deadline for signings is August 31st! Two other teams objected to the move so it was blocked

​Should it take other clubs to object if a move doesn't fit within the rules? Surely it should have been noticed at the time of ratification?

Either way we are going to have to stick with R/R for the rest of the season (again) - the club mention in their statement that they will explore the possibility of handing rides to a number 8 which would at least relieve some of the pressure on the reserves

Have to say I thought the move was a little odd when I looked the averages up but I'm out of step with all the rules these days so thought nothing of it.

I accept that it was outside the rules but perhaps a little common sense should have been applied. Tyler is a young lad who is in need of the rides and thats what we were trying to give him.He wasn't going to come into the side and score a dozen points a meeting and I doubt Cradley could be accused of working a flanker as it would have actually weakened the side as Tyler is the same standard as our reserves and Richard Andrews would have missed his R/R ride.

Don't bother pointing out that Speedway and common sense are mutually exclusive - i know that.

Well if it was 25 years ago I can guarantee that Pratty would be checking the rule book to see if we could nominate Tyler as our number 8.

Just sorry for the lad who will be missing out!

Quite right that it should have been picked up sooner by both the club/manager & the scb however its very petty for teams to object. What was Goviers average going to be in September?

There are some shocking holes in the club statement but thats another story......

ok so some have cryed foul & the league refs have spoken. Lets move on & start guessing who this number 8 is going to be?

Edited by pete cc

Rekindle your love and join virtual skid tomorrow at 7pm when for one night only the Heathens and the Bees return to track..... 15 race, 2 VTMs, 1 winner.... unknow result..

For one night only... Cradley Ride again....

Friends, fans and brethren please spread the word.

Our Virtual Skid project next airs tomorrow, Thursday 16 July and features the Heathens going wheel to wheel against the Coventry Bees from the 90’s. Please come and join us on Speedway Portals Youtube channel, like our FB Page Virtual Skid and Twitter @skidvirtual

Each Heat is sponsored (as are the team managers Garry Stead and Adam Roynon). The Speedway Riders Benevolent Fund will be the sponsorship recipients.

Additional donations are being taken. Don’t  forget the SRBF text line is now open for you to be able to donate £5 - its quick and easy and you will be supporting a great cause. 

Text SRBF to 70085 or SRBFNOINFO to 70085 if you do not want any marketing updates.

Here is the legal bit....

Text SRBF to 70085 to donate £5
Texts cost £5 plus one standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via telephone and  SMS. If you’d like to give £5 but do not wish to receive marketing communications, text SRBFNOINFO to 70085. 

If you haven’t tried Virtual Skid yet, search Speedway Portal and follow the links to one of the five meetings that have already been screened.