British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Cradley 2016

Your right Countershaft, at the start of the year the cradley fans were rude and very aggressive towards me and the family when we was there, I kept my cool and let them get on with it but it was if the speedway world owed them a club and a track.

Not to say that speedway does not need Cradley as it does but the supporters need to realise that being rude wont help them in there time of need. Like countershaft said if i was a business man and read what was going on face book at the start of the year, sorry guys not for me.

And they love being talked about so the best thing to do is ignore them. A whole thread about them will just fuel thr fire. I've faultered a couple of times. Which niggles me Edited by TMW

Please don't tar us all with the same brush. All clubs will have their idiots, ours are just a little louder & on social media.

• Like 3

I also agree that there are a few hot heads amongst the ranks but just remenmber what the mainstream Cradley fans achieved since Dudley Wood closed in 1995.

They kept the name of the Club going, via Club CH mainly, organised loads of social functions to keep everyione involved and kept the plight of the Club in the public eye. Then in 2009, fourteen years after Dudley Wood closed over 400 of them attended a 'filler' four team tournament at Swindon which persuaded Gary Patchett that there may still be plenty of life in the fan base.

The Club made it back on track in 2010 and the home and away support has been amongst the best in the country (in spite of having to drive miles for a home fixture on a school night).

There aren't too many who can point to that kind of track record.

Hopefully a buyer can be found.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 3

I'm just not sure now where I'm going to watch speedway!

I just think we have run our course and it's over again. It's great to support Cradley still but come October every year we have this happens and to be honest to plan for next year on when my shifts need to be changed cause the day changes and how we have to travel to meeting changes just gives the club no consistency for the fans but we never have had this option because the club rolls through year contracts instead of signing deals which last 3-5 years! At least then we would know we were OK for 3-5 and then we have more time to find somewhere of our own!

I think the reason we left Monmore was down to the Wolves and nothing else, we could offer speedway at a lower price and it was hindering the Van Strachens commitments to them! His full focus will be on them next year which some Wolves fans have mentioned on these boards.

As for the future regarding a track, I just don't think the club have let the supporters know what we can do to help. They have just kept quiet to keep us quiet, maybe that is what's needed so nobody know nothing but the fans get right behind the club on the track but off it we are not able to. The fans have never attended meetings for land, never been able to put forward a pledge to the council or collected signatures of support for a track.

One thing that annoys me more than anything is they only seem to try to find a track near cradley! We've traveled 10-12 miles for 5 years to watch them so why not look for a track in Wednesbury Oldbury West Brom Walsall why dose it have to be in Cradley or Near to it it makes no sence.

Id love to pledge £200-£500 to be a parts of a supporters owned club! Not to make money but to be fully part of it and I think this is why the supporters trust have got to look at.

Thing is it will take a lot of people's time up which I ultimately don't have!

• Like 1

HEATHENS IN FAN PLEA

Saturday October 10, 2015
cradley.jpg CRADLEY Heathens Speedway chiefs are urging fans to turn out in force at Perry Barr this Wednesday - to help convince potential buyers there is a future for the club.

The three-man consortium, who revived the Heathens in 2010 after a 15-year gap in league racing, cannot continue running the club at Perry Barr in 2016 and are looking for new owners.

Heathens face King's Lynn in the second leg of their Knockout Cup semi-final with a handy 51-39 lead from the first leg in Norfolk last Wednesday.

Club Director Nigel Pearson said: "All three of us totally understand this is a worrying time for the club and we don't want to be remembered as the three people who brought the Heathens back - but then closed them down again.

"A combination of issues means there is no alternative but to stand down and as a consortium we are desperate to see the Heathens continue in league racing in 2016. The best chance we have of achieving that is for the wonderful band of loyal fans to get across to Perry Barr on Wednesday, get right behind the boys and show what this club means to everyone.

"The fan base is the reason why we carried on this year after losing the use of Wolverhampton. That was the only reason. Now it's time for us to move on and, personally, I hope there is a Heathens team on track next year for me to go and support when my diary allows. We cannot offer any guarantees, but that is our hope.

"We look forward to seeing everyone on Wednesday for what should be a big night with a cup final spot on the line."

Think they have become exasperated with Dudley council in trying to find them a site(or not trying to find them a site, is more to the point).

No doubt if it had been houses or industrial units,their outlook would have been quite different.

Really sorry if this is the end for the Heathens,they have given us so much pleasure(and heartache if youre a Wolves fan)over the past years.

Hope you can find someone to carry on the fight,and keep this wonderful old club alive.

Agree think the current owners have come to the conclusion that a new track is not going to be forthcoming.The issues stated by the owners are issues that have existed for the last 5 years ,( Pearson working on Sky, CVS involved with Wolves, etc )

Well there goes the Merry Hill chance of a track! Another peice of land that will lie dormant for another 10 years because Dudley Coucil are only interested in building Hotels!

I think it's over for the track search, don't see how we will ever get one now they have left us! They have done a lot for the club and we've had the best we could for 6 seasons but I don't see now how it can continue! Unless Nigel will still give involvement to the track search then we are back at square one and it's taken ages even to get Dudley council to talk and now the person who is involved could no longer be!

We should genuinely just scrap Dudley and try Sandwell again, weve traveled 10 miles every fortnight for 6 years so why does the track have to be in cradley!

Euromillions for me tonight and I'll build it with that! Only way I see it happening with a sugar daddy!

Don't know who I'll follow, if they do close I will support another team and couldn't ever go back!

THE management of Cradley Heathens have held positive talks with the newly formed Heathens Speedway Supporters Trust regarding the short and long term future of the club.

The current situation is obviously a major concern with Gary Patchett, Chris Van Straaten and Nigel Pearson unable to commit to next season at Perry Barr Stadium.

Said Pearson: “Naturally there is a lot of work ahead over the next few weeks and try and secure the immediate future of the club and get the Heathens to the tapes in 2016.

“The Trust once again underlined their support, not only for the work we have done over the last six seasons, but also to try and enable the club to continue racing next year with new people running it.

“Our meeting once again underlined the passion there is for this great club and we can only repeat our message that we are not looking to close the club down, far from it, we want someone else to take it into 2016.

“At this stage we cannot offer any guarantees on that, we have until the end of November to try and get everything in place.

“But we were very encouraged by the positive nature of our meeting with the Trust and we thank them for their support along with the Ollie Ommer Children’s Club which, I believe, is the most successful club of that nature in British Speedway.”

Meanwhile, Pearson has confirmed one piece of land which had been worked on for the past three years has finally fallen through.

The site, close to the Merry Hill Centre, is reserved for another project which Dudley MBC have advised the club has every chance of going ahead.

Said Pearson: “We were advised of this land some time ago, we have had drawings made up and consulted the planning department as well as having dialogue with the land owners.

“Our consultant also spoke to the agents handling part of the land but unfortunately we have now been told it won’t be possible.

“The council have, however, agreed to revisit previous sites which have been looked at to establish whether a change of circumstances gives us a better chance.

“This process will continue behind the scenes whether the club races next season or not.”

Cradley host Eastbourne in the Knockout Cup Final at Perry Barr next Wednesday, which is the final home meeting of 2015 and, unless a deal is struck with new promoters, the last of the modern era.

The club have confirmed normal admission prices will apply for this meeting and season tickets are valid.

No point carrying on...its been good! Not sure what I'm going to do!

££££££££ for Eastbourne then if there's a travelling contingent of fans to see the Heathens one last time maybe!

I wouldnt bet there being many heathens there

maybe not. A lot of you hate Georgie wood anyways

Edited by Alex2000

No we dont at all.

Whats wood gotta do with it thou, haha

Last time you came down He was doing all the stuff to wind up some of your fans. they might not face that again lol. i just read my last post back and there is some shocking punctuation in there :rofl:

Edited by Alex2000