British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
robolots

150cc Championship At Swindon Sunday Oct 11th 4pm

I was really looking forward to this which precedes the Abbey farewell meeting at 5pm, however I'm told that the 150cc meeting will be on the mini track inside the main track.

Does anyone know why this is as they have had some cracking 125/150 racing after the main meetings in the past couple of years and the young lads go really well on the main track?

It can't be to save the track as the 150's, although pretty quick, won't be cutting the track up like the 500's?

Seems a shame for the youngsters in the 150 class to essentially ride their final on a training track when in the past couple of years it has been really good at the likes of Peterborough!

• Like 1

Why not? Personally I think it makes much more sense to use the track that was built for exactly this rather than having engines revving their so and so's out by the end of a straight.

Think it will make the racing a bit more competitive.

• Like 1

Yes, makes loads of sense to ride on a really narrow track with no air fence which I thought was compulsory in all scb bspa competitions.

It's a training track, not a race track suitable for 4 bikes.

I take it you haven't actually seen the bikes go around the likes of Peterborough?

Yes, makes loads of sense to ride on a really narrow track with no air fence which I thought was compulsory in all scb bspa competitions.

I take it you haven't actually seen the bikes go around the likes of Peterborough?

I've seen the bikes go around Swindon, so even better.

I've also seen races on the Swindon middle track....have you? It's plenty wide enough and big enough for 4 x 150cc. Would you rather hit an air fence or have no impact at all with a rather large run off area? Moaning for moaning's sake, same old

I've seen 85cc racing in Sweden and Australia on tracks like the Swindon centre green track and think it works better than Peterborough where the riders get very spread out and they don't get to test their racing skills.

• Like 1

Surely the main thing here is that the kids are getting track time. That can only ever be a good thing!

This was the first fully competitive event held on the 173m training track, so a new track record was set in 5 of the heats and the final.

Leon Flint 3 2 3 3 = 11 Champion

Jason Edwards 3 3 2 3 = 11 2nd

Sam Stead 2 3 2 2 = 9 3rd

Jordan Palin 1 2 1 1 = 5 4th

Nathan Ablitt 0 R F 2 = 2

James Laker X 0 1 1 = 2

Jacob Clayton 0 0 1 0 = 1

Ht 1: Edwards, Stead, Palin, Ablitt 61.35

Ht 2: Flint, Palin, Ablitt®, Laker(FX) 61.74

Ht 3: Stead, Flint, Palin, Clayton 58.89

Ht 4: Edwards, Stead, Palin, Laker 58.36

Ht 5: Flint, Edwards, Laker, Clayton 57.99

Ht 6: Edwards, Stead, Clayton, Ablitt(FX) Awarded

Ht 7: Flint, Ablitt, Laker, Clayton 57.27

Final: Flint, Edwards, Stead, Palin 56.64

air fences are only compulsory for 500cc bikes. The training track at swindon looked in excellent condition yesterday, and is actually bigger than northside.
  • Like 3