British Speedway Forum

Lol er I've had more stick about being nice than my usual self,dont worry normal service will resume shortly!

Poor old Cliffeboy is traumatised! ;)

• Like 1

There are more positive posters on this forum regarding Plymouth speedway from fans from other clubs than there are Plymouth fans.

If truth were told I think that's the case with a lot of clubs !!

Your earlier point about the negative posters disappearing when the Devils made it to the play offs is absolutely right. By and large, that shows they are not worth listening to because their posts are subjective rather than objective.

I have made no secret of my regard for Plymouth's promotion, supporters and, especially, their track. Its one of the best in the country and utterly debunks the theory that having a big circuit is a necessity for good racing.

Plymouth is a great little race track. I have always respected Halifaxtiger posts on numerous subjects but this one is a gem with no response yet from anyone to answer his simple questions. Come on Plymouth supporters club, do yourself justice.

I'll let them have a couple more days to respond before I comment further.

I am sure, though, that we can all draw conclusions if there is none.

If truth were told I think that's the case with a lot of clubs !!

Yeh, funny that, init..

Edited by Starman2006

If Plymouth took a chance with Jack Holder on 7:00 would the take a chance on BWD on a 5:00?

If Plymouth took a chance with Jack Holder on 7:00 would the take a chance on BWD on a 5:00?

Yes they will oops would !!😷

That depends whether it is true or not. I'll make a judgement when I hear the other side of the argument rather than someone just saying 'rubbish'.

So, no response from anyone from the Supporters Club or those who simply termed Barncooseboy's criticism as 'rubbish'.

I (and probably everyone else) will draw their own conclusions from that.

I don't know a lot about supporters clubs but I am aware that away travel at Plymouth is - as Barncooseboy said - organised by the Devils on Tour, not the supporters club. In contrast, I am also aware that the Mildenhall one organises both away travel and the end of season presentation.

I would like to state from the outset I am not a member of the supporters club commitee nor indeed a member of the supporters club but I do have a family member who is/was a member of the commitee and I wil ltry to answer the questions as best I can.

The riders from this years team recieved over £3,000.00 raised from organised events.

No events had been planned for the winter mainly due to the fact that it is very difficult motivating people to support events during the season so nigh impossible during the close season.

The Devils on tour do indeed arrange travel for away meetings but only for themselves they hire a minibus, the commitee arranged for around eight away meetings the details of which were posted up in the supports hut where people could put their name down, unfortunately not all the trips came off for a variety of reasons ranging from poorly supported to meetings being cancelled to the person providing the coach and driver was to busy.

As regards to the 50/50 tickets not being sold after 19.10 this is probaly due to the fact that anyone wihing to attend the meeting would already be there by then as parade is at 19.15, surely people are not suggesting that the ticket seller sit on their own staring at the sky for the remainder of the evening.

As far as the track shop closing at 19.10 I do not actually know about that, but as the promotion took over the running of it this year perhaps that is a question best answered by them.

With regards to things closing at 19.10, I am sure the people collecting the entrance money and program money were not in their booth's much longer than that but were indeed taking their places to watch the meeting, after all that is what everyone is there for.

As far as the commitee getting in for free, two members of the commitee were issued with passes allowing them free entry, both of which o.a.p's so a grand total of £22.00 missing off the gate.

With regards to the end of season event the promotion did indeed book the venue but the commitee were then given a week to orginise everything, organising trophies, contacting riders for items to auction etc.

All of this ending this way is actually a shame, not only for the members of the commitee who gave their time willingly often under trying circumstances but also for the future riders because ultimately they are the ones that are going to lose out in the short term with the long term effect of the club losing out, but hey speedway in this country is in such a strong, healthy position it can afford to lose volunteers and paying customers.

A final note there will be a egm of the supporters club held soon, so if Mr Spargo or anyone else would like to attend feel free then you then you will be able to find out the facts, hey who knows you might even get the opportunity to tear them to pieces in person.

Ryan Fishers Testimonial was put off because Glasgow wouldnt move their fixture date to allow it to be run on the Friday before the World Cup, which would have allowed the USA World cup team to be in Plymouth.

I made a fairly innocent joke about 4 cardinals, the person without the sense of humour got caught a few weeks later having it off over a school desk and departed. Knowing Ryan had fully recovered from his shoulder operation and that he had two new bikes I expected him to have a super season, isnt hindsight a wonderful thing.

As a result of your comments Mr Conceited and former devil I have decided I dont see any point in pouring money into Plymouth Speedway any more just to be a target for your invective and attacks and for me to part finance your nights out

Pick your dummy up, because two people have a go, you throw your dummy out, I know what you have put into the club, and I would believe more what you say before a so called person in the club now, who should take up politic's, why didn't you buy the club, then sort it out and run it like it should be run, if you feel the way you do, I do think that the way the club has treated, after you have bailed them out, is a disgraced.

Edited by Devildodger

I think it totally depends on the rest of the side. We already have Simota plus we need a three pointer. Do we really want a tail of Simota, BWD and a three pointer? I'm not sure.

If we went with BWD, Holder and a three pointer by my reckoning we'd have 8.39 for a number one. Get the three pointer and the number one right and we may be OK. That is of course a big IF as I'm convinced Holder is set to become a Rebel.

I think it totally depends on the rest of the side. We already have Simota plus we need a three pointer. Do we really want a tail of Simota, BWD and a three pointer? I'm not sure.

If we went with BWD, Holder and a three pointer by my reckoning we'd have 8.39 for a number one. Get the three pointer and the number one right and we may be OK. That is of course a big IF as I'm convinced Holder is set to become a Rebel.

I'd be surprised and I suspect there would be a lot of angry and disappointed devils out there.

Without Plymouth, Holder would almost certainly not have ridden in British Speedway last season. As far as I am concerned, he owes them 2016 at least.

• Like 2

?

Edited by Starman2006

Excuse my ignorance, who is BWD?

Bradley Wilson Dean the kiwi, was #1 for Eastbourne this season and had the highest average in the NL for 3 months at 10.38