British Speedway Forum

TBH Charlie Gjedde is a far better rider Than Alden or Edburg who Berwick fans seem to adore.

Let's hope he stays injury free as he's a fantastic little rider

Really ?

TBH Charlie Gjedde is a far better rider Than Alden or Edburg who Berwick fans seem to adore.

I see the Gjedde signing for Plymouth and the Alden signing for Berwick both as gambles, both riders are returning after retirement. Alden at least has made some of track return towards the end of last season, I dont think Gjedde has, both have proved to be good scorers at PL level, both clubs must be hoping both riders can get back to that.

Sorry SCB, but I don`t see Gjedde as a 9pt PL man, no matter how good his return is.

I see the Gjedde signing for Plymouth and the Alden signing for Berwick both as gambles, both riders are returning after retirement. Alden at least has made some of track return towards the end of last season, I dont think Gjedde has, both have proved to be good scorers at PL level, both clubs must be hoping both riders can get back to that.

Sorry SCB, but I don`t see Gjedde as a 9pt PL man, no matter how good his return is.

Well I hope is a 9pt. Premier League Rider screm.

If he can get over initial rustiness - I reckon he is a heck of a signing for Plymouth.

• Like 1

Well I hope is a 9pt. Premier League Rider screm.

If he can get over initial rustiness - I reckon he is a heck of a signing for Plymouth.

To do that Gjedde will have to get back to the kind of scores he was producing for Newport, and that wasn't yesterday.

To do that Gjedde will have to get back to the kind of scores he was producing for Newport, and that wasn't yesterday.

True - but I don't think he would have attempted a comeback if he hadn't thought he could make a go of it. To my mind he was a class Rider - I am hoping that he hasn't lost that class.

Berwick fans do not adore Alex Edberg. Where did you get that from?

• Like 3

True - but I don't think he would have attempted a comeback if he hadn't thought he could make a go of it. To my mind he was a class Rider - I am hoping that he hasn't lost that class.

Was is the word you have to bear in mind with Gjedde.

He is now 35 years old.

The last three seasons his career reads.

2013 injured missed entire season

2014 6.49 average in DSL (Kenneth Hansen (2014) and Ulrich Ostergaard (2015) are the closest comparisons)

2015 retired.

Not the most active or impressive riding career in the last 3 seasons.

A half decent third heatleader/ 2nd string, but a number 1 averaging 9 points sorry I don't see it myself.

Fortunately Plymouth have a couple of young riders in Holder and Newman who have the potential to go on a push hard for the number 1 slot at Plymouth.

No doubting that Gjedde has been a class act racing over here, but IMO its about the here and now for the rider, and for his club. As Spin King has pointed out his recent record isn't one to inspire confidence, hopefully for him and Plymouth Gjedde can recapture former glories, I have my doubts.

I agree with Spin King...

Don't rate Edberg and Alden just because you can go fast doesn't make you a good rider

7 point average for a reason IMO (for Alden that is)

Edited by RobinH88

SCB, Gjedde has got no chance of a 9 point average in my opinion.

I agree

High 7's to low 8's I reckon end of season. But a few riders for Plymouth could hit that average, so wont be too bad for them.

SCB, Gjedde has got no chance of a 9 point average in my opinion. Would like a friendly bet on it if you like ?

Friendly, he will only entertain a £2K bet.

Edited by spin king

Friendly, he will only entertain a £2K bet.

He`s far more likely to bet sausage rolls than cash... ;):lol::P

Massive gamble signing Gjedde... He certainly wont get much better than his average, but could get much less.... All them points to play with and You sign gjedde... The mind boggles.