British Speedway Forum

Gjedde has returned from seasons out time and time again throughout his career with nasty injuries. I think, once settled, hell be a top 5 PL rider for plymouth.

Was absolute dynamite for newport in his two thirds of a season there and was regularly scoring maximums. Averaged nearly 11 for us including bonus points i think.

Good luck to him - hope he does very well

Our car-load was delayed by traffic getting to Newport in June that year. We dashed in and were delighted to watch Alex Edberg absolutely wiping the floor with Charlie Gjedde in the first race we saw.

Unfortunately, rain then came on, and match was abandoned after six or seven races.

SCB, 12 meetings is fine. Looking at the amount of posts you have sent, the bit about you disappearing off here was tongue in cheek.

Our car-load was delayed by traffic getting to Newport in June that year. We dashed in and were delighted to watch Alex Edberg absolutely wiping the floor with Charlie Gjedde in the first race we saw.

Unfortunately, rain then came on, and match was abandoned after six or seven races.

I remember that, probably the only credible opponent edberg ever beat 😂😁

• Like 2

Devils complete line up with the signing of stefan neilsen at reserve,I'm very happy with our team I think we will have a good season and hopefully make the playoffs

• Like 2

Devils complete line up with the signing of stefan neilsen at reserve,I'm very happy with our team I think we will have a good season and hopefully make the playoffs

Well I can't see you in the play-offs with Gjedde leading the line.

Not because of his deceitfulness at Berwick however fraudulent it was, that's in the past.

Just that he's old and hasn't raced for a while.

Newman, or even Holder will quickly have to take over No 1 duties.

Otherwise -- good team!

Glad Stefan has PL place. Just like most of the teams this year actually, I'm not too sure how this team will go.

Very difficult league to predict this year as most have question marks.

• Like 1

Well I can't see you in the play-offs with Gjedde leading the line.

Not because of his deceitfulness at Berwick however fraudulent it was, that's in the past.

Just that he's old and hasn't raced for a while.

Newman, or even Holder will quickly have to take over No 1 duties.

Otherwise -- good team!

I disagree charlie will be ok imo

I remember that, probably the only credible opponent edberg ever beat 😂😁

edberg looked to have the makings of a good rider until that horrific crash later on that season.

I disagree charlie will be ok imo

Cannot see Gjedde leading the Devils from the number 1 slot,

But I reckon Holder will takeover the number 1 role at Plymouth, with Newman backing him up.

Cannot see Gjedde leading the Devils from the number 1 slot,

But I reckon Holder will takeover the number 1 role at Plymouth, with Newman backing him up.

I think you are right..... but I think Gjedde will be No 2 with Newman a strong number 3.

Based upon that side, I think Plymouth will be a play off team.

• Like 1

I think you are right..... but I think Gjedde will be No 2 with Newman a strong number 3.

Based upon that side, I think Plymouth will be a play off team.

Well I, for one, hope so. :t::approve:

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

Good luck at Plymouth Stefan

Disappointed when you ended up at Swindon instead of Belle Vue.

keep on fighting and improving

• Like 1

Good to see Stefan sorted in the PL.

The Devils look a decent side to me. A few question marks (like many teams) but solid overall.

Good to see Stefan sorted in the PL.

The Devils look a decent side to me. A few question marks (like many teams) but solid overall.

I spoke to one of plymouths management at Taunton races yesterday , I think they've got a very good side, top 6 material for sure

Plymouth look solid, potential improvement in a few riders, got a bit of continuity in the team and retained all of the riders that they needed to keep.

Think Gjedde could surprise a few people. Can't see fitness or equipment being an issue for him. The biggest factor will be confidence. Whilst it's a long time out and a few things have changed and he's got a bit older. You can say that the Plymouth track at home will suit him & once he gets dialled in I am sure he will be dominant at home

Additionally he's in a team with a few familiar faces and both Holder and Newman both have the ability to be a number one next season, so that could take the pressure of him.

Think it could be a very good year for Plymouth.

• Like 2