Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

While I agree with you, surely Berwick had ample opportunity to get rid of a rider where it was clear as to what he was up to, instead they left him in the team week after week to continue see his average fall to such a level that Newport took him off our hands.

Do any riders move on from berwick on good terms,gjedde,barker,edberg,jensen,bellego to name a few? Edited by lewy

SCB, run the bet at 8-5 points to allow him to settle in before he starts scoring 10+ every meeting. Loser donates £20 to the Ben Fund. Don't worry because I was convinced Lewis Blackbird would average more than Robert Lambert last year, so I am no expert when it comes to what a rider will average LOL.

While I agree with you, surely Berwick had ample opportunity to get rid of a rider where it was clear as to what he was up to, instead they left him in the team week after week to continue see his average fall to such a level that Newport took him off our hands.

Pity we didn't get rid of the German fraud at Glasgow for the same reason. Oh I forgot, they didn't treat him right and speak nice to him.

• Like 1

Do any riders move on from berwick on good terms,gjedde,barker,edberg,jensen,bellego to name a few?

Good Question!

Do any riders move on from berwick on good terms,gjedde,barker,edberg,jensen,bellego to name a few?

Jensen did? as did Barker? Bellego was 50/50 only really Edberg and Gjedde and was because they both didn't try

SCB, run the bet at 8-5 points to allow him to settle in before he starts scoring 10+ every meeting. Loser donates £20 to the Ben Fund. Don't worry because I was convinced Lewis Blackbird would average more than Robert Lambert last year, so I am no expert when it comes to what a rider will average LOL.

8.5 on the official green sheets? If so, deal :)

Jensen did? as did Barker? Bellego was 50/50 only really Edberg and Gjedde and was because they both didn't try

No they didn't as you well know!

And your knowledge on recent Berwick riders is superior to mine how exactly? Jensen was the fans favourite in 2014, Barker still is a fans favourite

Rumours would have you believe all wasn't well with Steen behind the scenes :lol:

• Like 1

A few? It's 5 out of about 40y odd in recent years (I would also question any realtionship deteration with Edberg he simply underperformed) .I would doubt you will find a club in the league where every rider leaves on great terms and that's before you factor in the character of certain riders,for those you mention you could counter with people like Ashworth, Kus, Kozza and well Alden and Wethers who were so happy with Berwick they're coming back so the answer to the daft question is, yes.

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 1

Gjedde has returned from seasons out time and time again throughout his career with nasty injuries. I think, once settled, hell be a top 5 PL rider for plymouth.

Was absolute dynamite for newport in his two thirds of a season there and was regularly scoring maximums. Averaged nearly 11 for us including bonus points i think.

Good luck to him - hope he does very well

• Like 1

SCB, you have got a deal,can you confirm if his rolling average will still be a factor in his final average, if he rides all season ? Think we need a minimum amount of matches as well, because if he only rode for a few weeks, you would be quids in LOL. Just don't disappear off the forum if you lose, like the Ipswich fan did last year, when he lost the bet regarding who owned Lewis Blackbird.

SCB, you have got a deal,can you confirm if his rolling average will still be a factor in his final average, if he rides all season ? Think we need a minimum amount of matches as well, because if he only rode for a few weeks, you would be quids in LOL. Just don't disappear off the forum if you lose, like the Ipswich fan did last year, when he lost the bet regarding who owned Lewis Blackbird.

Rolling average is 20 meetings. Shall we say minimum 12? Or do you want to say more? And I don't think I'll be going anywhere even if I am wrong :D