British Speedway Forum

Its a little bit early, but I would like to take this opportunity to wish all the forumers a happy, prosperous and above all healthy christmas and new year. may the speedway days be warm and dry on race days following overnight rain at every track

Edited by barncooseboy
  • Like 3

Its a little bit early, but I would like to take this opportunity to wish all the forumers a happy, prosperous and above all healthy christmas and new year. may the speedway days be warm and dry on race days following overnight rain at every track

Especially Redcar....................

Polish Dave who has lived and worked in Launceston for the past 3 years and has been a regular after the meeting aandd SAturday practice rider at Plymouth has at last got himself a team place..............for Torun in Poland

• Like 4

see from a little bit in todays WMN Rob Doran will be revealing at next Fridays quiz night at Topsham the whereabouts of the ptoposed new Exeter track. Could it be a silver plated return also notice that the newly approved Circuit of Wales are proposing a 400 metre INDOOR Speedway track to be used in tthe main for rider trainiing seems they have got their sticky fingers on £125 million of government grant money.

Sorry this is incorrect, Rob will NOT reveal the location of his intended track at Friday's quiz night. He will be updating fans on recent developments, but it will be good news. The location will not be announced until planning permission has been applied for so as not to forwarn the NIMBYS. If you are interested the Quiz Night is being held at the Nelson Inn at Topsham. Tapes up 7.30pm.

The WMN article says Rob will be maing an announcement about a proposed new venue for speedway in EXETER it seems that you are saying he will not be identifying the venue, i think it would be a better idea to put in a pre planning application, it could save a shed load of money over the planning process.every speedway fan i speak to are fully aware of the location anyway.

Polish Dave who has lived and worked in Launceston for the past 3 years and has been a regular after the meeting aandd SAturday practice rider at Plymouth has at last got himself a team place..............for Torun in Poland

Anybody know his full name? Dawid.......? I think I saw him at Eastbourne once and looked very lively. Would be nice to keep an eye on his results.

see from a little bit in todays WMN Rob Doran will be revealing at next Fridays quiz night at Topsham the whereabouts of the ptoposed new Exeter track. Could it be a silver plated return also notice that the newly approved Circuit of Wales are proposing a 400 metre INDOOR Speedway track to be used in tthe main for rider trainiing seems they have got their sticky fingers on £125 million of government grant money.

An amazing post......Here's to both of these things happening. I see good things for Speedway in the UK over the next few years, starting this season with the NSS

Personally, I think it would be in the best interests of speedway in general, and particularly of those trying to resurrect Exeter Falcons at present, to avoid idle speculation as to where the possible site of any new track may be.

It is hard enough to get planning approval etc without well-meaning ( or otherwise ) folk trying to publicly guess the whereabouts of the site.

Just my opinion.

• Like 5

Good to see jack holder becoming aussie u21 champ unbeaten all meeting bodes well for the devils 2016!

a super result from Jack, 15 point max in the qualifiers plus winning the sudden death final in front of Brady K and Max Fricke

looking forward to a possible blockbuster season, very top congratulations

at last nights Herald newspaper sports awards at the Plymouth Pavilions The Devils were awarded the trophy for team of the year it was presented by Kevin Keegan and Sharon Davies. I think she has fallen in the water a few times.

• Like 1