British Speedway Forum

I see that according to the Speedway Star list of PL Signed riders Plymouth have signed Jack Parker that really puts Charlie Gs age in the shade.

yes but who's got the to break the news to him about silencers.

at last nights Herald newspaper sports awards at the Plymouth Pavilions The Devils were awarded the trophy for team of the year it was presented by Kevin Keegan and Sharon Davies. I think she has fallen in the water a few times.

Not a famously as Bluebottle from the goon show though !

• Like 3

was it Prince Charles boat that was called Bluebottle or was it Uffa Fox.

Looking at the fixture list what is the point in a Good Friday Challenge with a League cup TWO WEEKS later at zummerzet, the Swindon/Poole fixture is now on Easter Sunday not Good Friday which means I think both Plymouth and Zummerzet teams can be at FULL STRENGTH ON GF evening the reason it became a challenge in the first place. because it was assumed that Poole and Swindon would do as in years past with both legs on GF.

Looking at the fixture list what is the point in a Good Friday Challenge with a League cup TWO WEEKS later at zummerzet, the Swindon/Poole fixture is now on Easter Sunday not Good Friday which means I think both Plymouth and Zummerzet teams can be at FULL STRENGTH ON GF evening the reason it became a challenge in the first place. because it was assumed that Poole and Swindon would do as in years past with both legs on GF.

Somerset wont want to ride against a full strengt devils side thats probably why the lc match is scheduled for 8th april when we wont be at full strength hopefully the powers that be will insist the fixture goes ahead when both teams are at full strength! Edited by lewy

It was the Duke of Edinburgh's boat, and he used to sail with Uffa Fox. Yes I looked it up.

Edited by Tsunami

I do know that Prince Charles turned up a Plymouth with a fox fur hat on . When asked why he said " I told the queen I was going to Plymuth and she said"

"Wear the fox hat , at least I think that is what I heard?"

• Like 1

Somerset wont want to ride against a full strengt devils side thats probably why the lc match is scheduled for 8th april when we wont be at full strength hopefully the powers that be will insist the fixture goes ahead when both teams are at full strength!

Poor from the Plymouth promotion agreeing to it in the first place, if that's the case.

Poor from the Plymouth promotion agreeing to it in the first place, if that's the case.

Both teams agreed the challenge match on good friday because both teams had key riders unavailable but since the swindon v poole fixture has been rescheduled for the Sunday both teams will be at full strength and could ride the lc match,why would you not want to do that best get as many official matches in as possible early on unless you only want to ride against a depleted devils line up in case we give you another drubbing on your own track like last season!

Think Bluebottle was a Flying Fifteen which must be the prettiest sailing boat ever designed, only practical point against it was the fact it had a deep fixed keel which prevented it sailing in water less than chest deep and meant it could only be trailer launched in deepish water .

Are you free on Friday? then come to an informal get together at the Masonic Hall on the Hoe.

Think strictly the address is Citadel Road, however for those who know the area its on the low level bit instead of turning up towards the Citadel very very close to the junction with New Street, in fact the last building before it becomes New Street.

hopefully there will be some 2016 flyers to collect and distribute, beer at very reasonable prices and hopefully most of the management team will be there for a chat. not sure of a formal start time but 7.30 ish sounds good.

Parking can be a problem because some spaces are residents only however, there are spaces on the Barbican and its a short walk up New Street (for those who dont know Plymouth, New Street was 'new' in the 1600s)

Perhaps we can all hope that from now on the rain will stop on Saturdays to allow 'Dads Army' to get on with tidying up the site, thanks to Steve Hunt 18 tons of tarmac has been laid in the pits area to combat the mud and dust. The on site water pump has been working its little socks off and has done its job keeping water level on 3 and 4 down to a puddle.

• Like 1

Good line up taking shape for spring classic on march 18th

Gjedde

T kurtz

J holder

S simota

E perks

M bech

U ostergard

B barker

A morris

S boxall

M risager

Alot of riders who go well at the sba should be a good opener

Edited by lewy
  • Like 2

Interesting inclusion of Boxall? If a couple of averages drop after the first round could you squeeze him in instead of Simota?

• Like 1

Interesting inclusion of Boxall? If a couple of averages drop after the first round could you squeeze him in instead of Simota?

I've said the same on the Bellevue thread when the Aces signed Boxall, he's far too unreliable. Yes, he can ride the SBA, but after a few weeks travelling all that way from his South east home, he would find an excuse not to turn up.

He did the same when he was signed by Swindon some years back, then at Somerset and finally recently Bellevue.

I've said the same on the Bellevue thread when the Aces signed Boxall, he's far too unreliable. Yes, he can ride the SBA, but after a few weeks travelling all that way from his South east home, he would find an excuse not to turn up.

He did the same when he was signed by Swindon some years back, then at Somerset and finally recently Bellevue.

Newcastle as well ?

• Like 1

Boxall is a waste of space. Clearly doesn't have the commitment necessarry to make signing him a worthwhile gamble anymore.

• Like 2