British Speedway Forum

FIXTURE STATUS CHANGE

ZUMMERZET v PLYMOUTH GOOD FRIDAY NOW LEAGUE CUP NOT CHALLENGE

PLYMOUTH v SOMERSET EASTER SATURDAY NOW LEAGUE CUP NOT CHALLENGE

PLYMOUTH APRIL 8 NOW OPEN MEETING NOT LEAGUE CUP ON APRIL 9 AVOIDS CLASH WITH ARGYLE HOME MATCH

• Like 2

Plymouths practice took place under what was probably one of the best sunny skies of the year, all the team members seemed to get some good track time, I think personality wise this team is really going to gel together.

Charlie was trying various set up changes, looked the consummate professional, Kyle was fresh back from Gorican with the training camp and really enjoyed the trip. Sam has recently been on a ski trip with Pavel Ondrasik and the Prague club and has lost more weight, was looking very physically fit, has expanded his bike repertoire. Ellis Perks impressed a lot of the spectators with his aggression on track, and what a lovely guy Stefan Neilsen is, plus he looked very useful on track. Jack was in good form and despite the temperature change didn't seem to be too cold.

all in all an enjoyable afternoon for all.

• Like 3

Can't see that a separate Thread has been opened for tonight's Spring Classic meeting, but Morten Risager will be missing from the line-up after breaking a metatarsal in his right foot during Ipswich's opening night defeat at home to Scunthorpe last night.

understand that Jack is really suffering from the cold temperatures here in the UK, rode last weekend with the effects of flu

Cold weather doesn't cause flu

Cold weather doesn't cause flu

His bro had it badly last week, that doesn't help either...

Todd Kurtz has just tweeted that Plymouth aren't running this season!!!!

https://twitter.com/TKR10/status/712243547001528320

Anyone confirm??

The Herald:

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/BREAKING-Plymouth-Devils-speedway-club-close/story-28968873-detail/story.html

Edited by Steve Park

Yes unfortunately Steve,we have just heard.

Didn't see that coming!

Nor did I when I bought my season ticket :sad:

Oh dear , what a shame , SW coast lose another club.

Just read the article from the Herald and it says the promotion knew they were in trouble and with hindsight shouldn't have put forward a team this season. I wonder if they told the riders they signed there may be a chance they would close ?

Edited by Cliffeboy

Massively disappointing. The promotion has a lot of questions to answer. They have admitted they knew they were in trouble last year, but went ahead with building a PL squad and selling season tickets anyway.