British Speedway Forum
Mr Blobby

Glasgow V Edinburgh The Final 16th/17th October @7.30pm/7.00pm

Edin can still build a good team without cook imo

Masters is a pl number one these days, if he also left then wolbert would surely be a good leader around the dale?

Agreed but Cook takes points from other heat leaders on such a consistant basis i don't think there's anyone to replace him at the mo. .... wouldn't have made any difference last night though

Agreed but Cook takes points from other heat leaders on such a consistant basis i don't think there's anyone to replace him at the mo. .... wouldn't have made any difference last night though

Cooks speed In his heats last night was spectacular his pass on Lawson and away into the distance was brilliant.
  • Like 1

CHAMPIONS!!!. :cheers::party::approve:

Dickson, the facennas and all other tiggers out there your boys took one hell of a beating! na scrap that slaughtered. Could of been more as well if we didn't fall when cursing to another two 5-1's.

If anyone finds young Sarjeants dummy on the centre green can you please return it to the poor boy. Nice of Dickson to come out with his team to get there medals as well or not as he was away home straight after heat 15.

What a night in the bar it was after as well i can still hear that bloody drum now. Cookie, Sam and Sedgy leading the celebrations backed up by the two crazy germans. Nights like last night are the reason i love this sport.

Treble winners 2014

double winners 2015

Doesn't get much better than that. Roll on 2016! :party:

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

Attending Armadale last night I found the behaviour of one of the Monarchs supporters to be in poor taste and a poor example to others. Surrounded by what appeared to be mainly Glasgow supporters who were rather quiet as their riders began to go through a losing streak heat after heat, the Monarchs supporter in question began shouting antagonistic comments for the "benefit" of Glasgow's supporters, straight after heat wins shouting such as "Get it right up ye Glasgow!!" and angrily shouting "F*** off back to Glasgow". He did this a few times. Applauding your team is one thing, inciteful behaviour is another, especially when it is in close proximity to others whom inciteful hatred would appear to be directed. I don't know if anything came of it as I happened to go to another part of the stadium soon after that but it didn't seem to be a very clever thing to be doing in public and in what is supposed to be a family sport. It seems there will be a minority of idiots in the sport regardless of club and the thought does occur that if that had been a Glasgow supporter in the middle of Edinburgh supporters they would have been up in arms, I was surprised at how the Glasgow supporters around this lunatic just let it pass.

• Like 1

Oh well , that's that then . Disappointed , but not surprised . Well done Edinburgh , deserved champs yet again , but I'm also happy with the season my team has had . Considering , 2011 apart , we're usually down near the foot of the table , it was a pleasant change to be supporting a team challenging for honours .

Thankfully I missed last night's second leg , Nick Morris' mum and dad and I were following things on the chatzone in a London pub and it was evident from early on that our 7 point lead was never going to be anywhere near adequate .

But we've had a wonderful season and it's only the building blocks that were put in place this season . I wait with anticipation to see what events unfold over the winter , at my club and the sport as a whole . But for the moment we must pay tribute to the worthy champions of our league , congratulations Edinburgh

Attending Armadale last night I found the behaviour of one of the Monarchs supporters to be in poor taste and a poor example to others. Surrounded by what appeared to be mainly Glasgow supporters who were rather quiet as their riders began to go through a losing streak heat after heat, the Monarchs supporter in question began shouting antagonistic comments for the "benefit" of Glasgow's supporters, straight after heat wins shouting such as "Get it right up ye Glasgow!!" and angrily shouting "F*** off back to Glasgow". He did this a few times. Applauding your team is one thing, inciteful behaviour is another, especially when it is in close proximity to others whom inciteful hatred would appear to be directed. I don't know if anything came of it as I happened to go to another part of the stadium soon after that but it didn't seem to be a very clever thing to be doing in public and in what is supposed to be a family sport. It seems there will be a minority of idiots in the sport regardless of club and the thought does occur that if that had been a Glasgow supporter in the middle of Edinburgh supporters they would have been up in arms, I was surprised at how the Glasgow supporters around this lunatic just let it pass.

We've had this before there , it usually just gets ignored as numpties don't deserve a reaction . Thankfully that kind of behaviour is not indicative of the Edinburgh support as a whole .

• Like 4

rightfully yours. what a door handle head ...

WHY DON'T YOU REMIND EVERYONE JUST HOW MANY TIMES SOMERSET HAVE WON THE P.L. TITLE , AS OPPOSED TO EDINBURGH,

cant think why you think it belongs to you and not any body else. too much apple juice . full of it ! ! !

Ha ha door handle head, tongue in cheek remark I think from AR , I think he's put the fishing rod back in the cupboard now. Already looking forward to your Somerset gripes for next season, lol

One of the things I love about Speedway here (as opposed to say, Poland!) is that there is no crowd segregation, you can wander about have a bite to eat and a drink etc... it's just a good vibe. TBH I'd throw people out if they were drunk and shouting abuse - you rarely see it and if you want to behave like that, fire on down to Ibrox or Tynecastle.

It's not an Edinburgh thing, though. I've seen a guy in the Tigers stand ranting and swearing like a lunatic in the past.

One of the things I love about Speedway here (as opposed to say, Poland!) is that there is no crowd segregation, you can wander about have a bite to eat and a drink etc... it's just a good vibe. TBH I'd throw people out if they were drunk and shouting abuse - you rarely see it and if you want to behave like that, fire on down to Ibrox or Tynecastle.

It's not an Edinburgh thing, though. I've seen a guy in the Tigers stand ranting and swearing like a lunatic in the past.

There were a bunch of idiotic Eastbourne supporters at Rye the other week. Cheering when opposing riders fell and swearing loudly even though there were young children around. An elderly female Rye fan was abused as she walked past.

Even the National League has them

• Like 1

Was also good to see the legend that is Gerd Riss there last night as well to see his boy win the league.

• Like 1

The day after the night before.

With reference to speedway star dated April 4 2015 and the predictions for the PL.

1. Ipswich 2. Glasgow 3. Somerset 4. Peterborough 5. Edinburgh 6. Workington

Actual finishing order in league

1. Edinburgh 2. Somerset 3. Glasgow 4. Peterborough 5. Sheffield 6. Plymouth

Yes injuries play a part in our sport. But once again Edinburgh put together a team that came out top. I had never heard of Erik Riss. Kevin was low in confidence after a belated start to 2014 and could Cookie, Sam and Sedgy produce the goods again? Would the supposed weak tail end be Edinburgh's undoing? I take my hat off to the powers that be at Edinburgh who assembled that team.

I am not a fan of play offs. If you finish top you are worthy champions. BUT what a celebration the play offs gave us in the bar.

2016 ? If he does go how can we replace the dark destroyer that is Cookie? One man does not make a team but he truly was the heartbeat this year. Here's hoping the promotion can work their magic again.

Glasgow? Sad Spud didn't make it on the track but you were well received at the presentation. Young James? You showed you cared last night. Referees won't change, you need to adapt but what a prospect. Well done to Richard coming round after his last race.

• Like 4

Ha ha door handle head, tongue in cheek remark I think from AR , I think he's put the fishing rod back in the cupboard now. Already looking forward to your Somerset gripes for next season, lol

ah well, at least you have some thing to look forward to next season.

so how many league titles have somerset won ?

If they do end up with Edinburgh and Glasgow riding on Fridays , you can still have northern tours...

Redcar , Glasgow and Workington

Edinburgh , Berwick and Newcastle

• Like 1

Here's hoping - Friday at Glasgow was unbelievable.

+ The council thing is a disgrace.

Edited by damosuzuki

Was also good to see the legend that is Gerd Riss there last night as well to see his boy win the league.

I remember when Gerd first came over to this country and rode for Poole..............

RP

Losing Aaron was too much he only rode in one race and scored 3 points in his second he was involved in a horrific crash. The effort after that from the rest of the boys showed true spirit to have a lead for second leg. I think edinburgh know that they only won due to our captain being injured. They weren't the best over two legs. We chose a guest who the night before was down scunny at the awards ceremony probably getting rubbered and it showed in his performance at armadale. So well done cookie and co on your title.

What council thing damosuzuki?