British Speedway Forum
Mr Blobby

Glasgow V Edinburgh The Final 16th/17th October @7.30pm/7.00pm

Just want to hear your team and managements opinion on the meeting from their perspective. Or is that not allowed?

Naw.

Oh the irony from the holier than thou Tigers spokesman - more like still greetin' to yourself :rofl:

Difference is I am never wrong you only think you are never wrong ;) .

I'm assuming the market research has been done and speedway is seen as a weekend, family activity - so they are going for a few different audiences. Hardcore fans, young people as part of a Friday night out, older fans etc. There is something for everyone at Ashfield. So it should be weekend and it needs to accomodate the Polish league. That leaves Friday.

I'm assuming the market research has been done and speedway is seen as a weekend, family activity - so they are going for a few different audiences. Hardcore fans, young people as part of a Friday night out, older fans etc. There is something for everyone at Ashfield. So it should be weekend and it needs to accomodate the Polish league. That leaves Friday.

This "older fan" would far prefer sitting on a warm, sunny, clear Sunday afternoon than a freezing cold, gloomy, ill-lit Friday night, even if a few riders with other commitments cannot be signed. Before you presume to speak on our behalves, wait until you're old to find out how much you feel the cold and how your joints stiffen up as a result, and how your eyesight deteriorates. That's partly why we get free eyetests, winter heating allowances, and bus passes.

And why cannot we just make riding for the Tigers on a Sunday a more attractive prospect than Poland, etc ??

• Like 2

Tapeworm, I'm not presuming to speak for older fans or anyone ( and certainly not deriding them - I go with a lot of older folks). Personally I prefer the Sunday as well!!! Although Obviously the majority of weeks are summer so it shouldn't be freezing.

The point is this seems to be the promotions thinking.

If they did in fact research supporters' views, I wonder how rigourously they went about it? Surely they are not being reliant on a hand out questionnaire or an on-line survey. How easy it would have been to organise a vote during admission to any meeting this year. (Obviously not at a meeting against Edinburgh)

If they did in fact research supporters' views, I wonder how rigourously they went about it? Surely they are not being reliant on a hand out questionnaire or an on-line survey. How easy it would have been to organise a vote during admission to any meeting this year. (Obviously not at a meeting against Edinburgh)

The only questionnaire that I recall was at last season's End of Season dance, no results have ever been released. :neutral:

"The only rubbish appears to be in your head as it's obviously cluttering your brain"

"why - explain but briefly please instead of the usual lengthy waffle"

"I apologise in advance for adopting the less than polite terms used by yourself (rubbish, garbage)"

There is a world of difference between making a point that a theory is 'rubbish' - and conversely stating personal insults that are clearly intended to be derisory.

The detailed points made in my post #479 remain unanswered. Should you answer them or address me then please refer to the points only. Thank you.

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway
  • Like 2

With the situation at Ashfield these days,I've no doubt there will be a lot of riders forwarding their CV's to the club for next season.

• Like 1

I would think so - the promotion are not going to keep everyone happy because they are ruthlessly ambitious and professional, but I'd rather that than the back of a fag packet, second string to the dogs stuff we might otherwise expect. Edinburgh have proved without a shadow of a doubt that they are the best team in the Premier and I'm sure they want to put an end to that.

• Like 3

The only rubbish appears to be in your head as it's obviously cluttering your brain from comprehending that you are contradicting yourself.

You refer to "The historical agreement and close nearby thing is a load of rubbish" (why - explain but briefly please instead of the usual lengthy waffle) and then you try to justify your pov by referring to situation "through the 70's, 80's and 90's" (earlier history btw :wink:).

Pot calling the kettle black with that one i had to read it again to make sure you actually wrote that after some off your rambling's.

I have actually enjoyed the view's off this poster he has made several good post's as an outsider looking in and from there perspective, & yet unsurprisingly you come on and try and confuse the issue with incoherent point's which is only relevant in your small minded posting's

I respect that you are making the point based on sticking up for your club and the team you support , But to tell any poster what length there post's must be is absurd and a personal attack on the poster.

It appears this poster has sussed you out if you don't like the length off there post's simple answer don't read them.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

With the situation at Ashfield these days,I've no doubt there will be a lot of riders forwarding their CV's to the club for next season.

I've heard from reliable sources on numerous occasions that is exactly the case. First heard this in May, and several times since.

I've heard from reliable sources on numerous occasions that is exactly the case. First heard this in May, and several times since.

Stewart told me the very same today and he has been quite supprized with some of the names of the top riders that are asking him We even have a open practice this Sunday with 12 NL riders coming for it they think they must be in with a chance of our number 7 position or sussing the track out

• Like 4

Good to see we're all still chums despite the Armadle Massacre at the weekend.... ;) My thoughts of the weekend from the Chatzone are...

OK here goes, this could be longer than a KJ classic!!!

They say you are never too old to learn and now I agree. Last year as we hammered Somerset by 1 point to win the PL, I was in France, but with internet so never missed a heat thanks to the best updates in speedway. My lesson learnt is no holidays in October next year!

So this year, after a weekend of humping the Tigers, I was off to Poland for the GP and missed Panthers away - thanks to Pammie for the updates ;) - In my defence, there may have been a few choruses of 2-4-6-8.... Monarchs on the terraces of Pila on the Sunday, someone may even have started a chant of "There's only one Grand Monarch"in recognition of our favourite local ref who was seated two rows behind.

So home from Poland then off to France for three weeks, well I never go on holiday ever! Caught the Chatzone updates as we breezed past the Panthers . Then off to Corsica with our friends that stay in France full time. Note to self - arrange an apartment/hotel with wifi next time. Last Friday night, Pammie kept me up to date as Tigers cheated their way to a 7 point win ;) was I worried? Never, our team is by far the best team ever since last season!!

So Saturday night, at our friends apartment for dinner, they had wifi - I'm no daft! Until Mrs H says about heat 9, we're going back to our flat????? One divorce later, I decide to go mad and follow the updates using mobile data, I'm sure that an appeal on facebook will cover my mobile bill this month! When heat 13 came up to confirm what we all knew, I may have had a small shandy, I certainly raised a glass to absent friends - Uncle B and my dear Dad would have loved it.

Got back to our French house last night and was nearly in tears reading all the posts and watching all the videos of Sat night, Fantastic!! Memo to Cookie and 007 though - stick to riding bikes fast and forget the percussion!!.

So 2015 Monarchs? After our best year ever, I felt we were going to make top 6, be close in the Cups, but probably no Cups (reminds me of a song - No Cups in Glasgow!!) The cost of retaining Cookie was Rob and Max at reserve - that's fine, I'd go with Cookie and 6 x 3 pointers just to watch him every week.

The unbelievable happened early doors, we lost to the Ashfield millionaires!! Then lost again to them in the Pl and to Panthers too! Outwith that, without being as invincible as last year, we won most of our meetings home and away and finished top of the league, Pl Fours winners, League Cup Winners oh and of course Spring Trophy winners! To win the Pl play-offs was only right for the best team in the PL by a short mile.

So to the riders - Cookie - murder!! fell twice in the play-off finals and only broke a few track records!! Robbed of being British Champion, fantastic at Cardiff, and showed the world, or the 6 people who can afford Sky Sports how good he can be in the EL. If this was a last season at Monarchs, he has signed off as well as Robbo at Hearts in 1998!

Justin, superb season, the odd meeting when he started badly, he usually won his last two. 007 - the spy who came in from the cold! To be fair, Kevin I believe had no bikes or back up for UK speedway last year, no conspircay, but we enjoyed believing there was one, superb return from Der Kaiser!!.

Erik came with a great long track CV. Took a while to get going but his class was always evident. Many important race wins especially that great night at Somerset - must be #1 to sign for next year. Sam started off well, injury held him back but his work behing the scenes when injured showed how much he loves the Monarchs. Absolutely delighted he will be riding in the GP at the weekend, is there a nicer guy in speedway? (apart from KL of course? )

The reserves - Max improved slowly all season, we didn't have a joker at reserve like some teams, signing Cookie again meant 2 x 3 pointers. Max stared beating not just reserves or 2nd strings, but then heat leaders... Berwick at home his best night? He'll do even better next year, matured so much this year on and off track, great guy. For Rob, basically the same - injuries stopped him progressing even further, his comments last weekend about letting the team down are nonsense - a very important team member that chipped in home and away.

So that's it for 2015, no pressure on the promtion for 2016, but we lost the KO Cup this year, room for improvement lol.

Finally, Thanks to all the updaters who have kept me in touch this season on my odd holiday, and thanks to KJ for his previews these last few weeks. If Heaven has wifi, I hope Brian Gray enjoys reading this drivel!!

• Like 1