British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hackneyrocket

Raiders 2016

Will there be a Raiders team in the National league next season?

If so who would you like to see in the side?

Andrew Silver is gone so I think it's doubtful but Bowtell and Hughes are ones to keep if they can. Impressive all the times I've seen them ( bar Bowtells first at Eastbourne last time) oh and you can have David Mason as well if you like :P or Ben Morley if he's eligible next year

Everyone was being cagey this week but last week the story was if Swindon pull out of the EL, or anyone else for that matter, it'll be EL & NL, otherwise it's PL only.

I for one would like to see the Raiders back next year. They have been entertaining and enjoyable to watch the development of novices. The way Danyon Hume and George Hunter rode on Saturday night you would never have guessed they were complete newcomers at the start of the year.

• Like 2

The Raiders have been better to watch than the Rockets this year. I hope the promotion take note of what the fans, their paying customers, want to see and that is a Raiders team next year again.

Hume, Bowtell and Hunter are must haves for me. Will Kyle get a shot in the PL? I don't think so somehow unfortunately so It'd be great to have him back to lead the line as Rob's average is too high to double up now I believe.

If as expected Danny Ayres is lined up as a Rocket then it'd be good to see him come in and it looks as if Kent will need to lose one of their top four.

Other than that I'd try keep as much continuity as possible, so we could be looking at something like the following if the numbers add up:

Hughes

Ayres

Priest

Chessell

Bowtell

Hume

Hunter

Granted I'm not sure what the Chessell situation is currently.

Definitely been good value provided from the Raiders this year & fingers crossed they will be back next year (but I fear they won't)

Would also be nice if you can keep the core team together, Ayres is too old to double up NL/PL (stupid rule) although if a PL draft is adopted he could be ok?

However will the next seasons recruits be as successful without Andrew picking the team as Len / Warren are detached from the NL loop and Mr Sampford never gets a say.

The Raiders have been better to watch than the Rockets this year. I hope the promotion take note of what the fans, their paying customers, want to see and that is a Raiders team next year again.

Hume, Bowtell and Hunter are must haves for me. Will Kyle get a shot in the PL? I don't think so somehow unfortunately so It'd be great to have him back to lead the line as Rob's average is too high to double up now I believe.

If as expected Danny Ayres is lined up as a Rocket then it'd be good to see him come in and it looks as if Kent will need to lose one of their top four.

Other than that I'd try keep as much continuity as possible, so we could be looking at something like the following if the numbers add up:

Hughes

Ayres

Priest

Chessell

Bowtell

Hume

Hunter

Branford's PL average is only 3.40 so he's fine to DU again.

Definitely been good value provided from the Raiders this year & fingers crossed they will be back next year (but I fear they won't)

Would also be nice if you can keep the core team together, Ayres is too old to double up NL/PL (stupid rule) although if a PL draft is adopted he could be ok?

However will the next seasons recruits be as successful without Andrew picking the team as Len / Warren are detached from the NL loop and Mr Sampford never gets a say.

Ayres, along with Chapman, have special dispensation to DU as they've only ridden for 2 seasons.

• Like 2

Hughes

Ayres

Priest

Chessell

Bowtell

Hume

Hunter

Agree with the majority you say, i also enjoyed the Raiders more than the Rockets this year. Good value for money at only a tenner, but not sure if enough fans went to make it a viable option for next year.

Chessell seems really friendly with Martin Dugard and our riders at Eastbourne he even gave the two winners of the NT the bumps with our team so if he's not at rye I wouldn't be surprised if he's at Eastbourne. Kent will keep Ayres I bet you but I think Morley will be gone from Kent and could come your way

Chessell seems really friendly with Martin Dugard and our riders at Eastbourne he even gave the two winners of the NT the bumps with our team so if he's not at rye I wouldn't be surprised if he's at Eastbourne. Kent will keep Ayres I bet you but I think Morley will be gone from Kent and could come your way

Morley has spent most of his career at Rye and had a fair few chances in the Rockets side, think he's found a home at Kent for NL racing and possibly as a draft reserve in the EL next year should that system continue. I don't see him wanting to come back personally.

Ayres looks a strong possibility as a Rockets reserve, would make more sense to bring him in to the Raiders side too for the track time around his home PL circuit. Of course I'm sure Kent fans wouldn't be happy losing him!

• Like 1

Could Ayres or Morley get the fast track reserve place at Kent?

I think if either gets an EL fast track spot it'd be Morley personally.

I like hunters style in the 3 times I saw him, he's a must for rye.

Tricky if Hume and Alfie bow are in the 7 tho as one of them would be at n2 or 4 if all 3 are back

I like hunters style in the 3 times I saw him, he's a must for rye.

Tricky if Hume and Alfie bow are in the 7 tho as one of them would be at n2 or 4 if all 3 are back

Looking at the final averages Alfie Bow on 4.11 will definitely need a 2/4 berth next season.

Hume 3.79 & Hunter 3.60 could be lucky and get a single reserve berth alongside a 3 pointer or have to run at 2 somewhere else?

Of course all that depends upon the points limit set? Not sure how Bowtell & Hunter would feel about racing for separate teams?

If it means changes at the top end to keep all three then personally I would make them. Bowtell didn't seem out of his depth in the main team and Hume and Hunter would be a decent reserve pairing to start next season. Think we may see a slightly higher points limit next season, nothing drastic but say 37-38.

• Like 1