British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hackneyrocket

Raiders 2016

With the number of riders doubling up from the National league,,The BSPA have made a sensible decision,,,some might say it makes a change?

Maybe because it wasn't the BSPA but only the NL promoters that made the decision!

• Like 1

You could be right there Islander,,

If Rob Branford picks up a Premier league spot,,which i hope he does ,he deserves one ..Can we have two guests if him and Ben are both on duty in the premier on the same night the Raiders are riding ??

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

Yes you can choose between guest or r/r undoubtably guests will be preferred choice if there are good enough riders available

With the last two riders to be picked from the training school.those who had a place last season in any team, but have yet to gain one this season ,should all get down to Rye to try and impress for a team spot ,,Smart move by Rye to see what is available..Lets hope one or two of them can improve on previous efforts ?

Although the promotion / management have stated that they would like to pick their 6 & 7 from the Sunday training school. I would like to see Luke Harris & Jamie Couzens given a go if no one suitable can be found.

Luke Harris has been at the training school and must have a fair chance... Couzins rides the track ok and needs to put himself in the shop window there,,,but who knows maybe someone better will imerge over the coming weeks

Still think the riders are already picked. Harris is looking likely if he is there so often although has never done anything amazing at Rye House in the past and would need to show some improvement this year.

I don't expect Couzins to be anywhere this year.

Plenty of other riders that nobody wants though Banks, Laurence, Rumsey but if I was to have a little flutter I would say Sheppard or Farnaby as he seems to get a place every year for some inexplicable reason.

Harris would be a good signing, it'll only be his second full year of league speedway, he did better in 2014 than last year but the potential is there. Cousins has had a year in the league, the majority of which was spent in the main team at Kent, there are worse options out there.

I presume the decisions have been made as all training has been suspended whilst work is being carried out on the track and safety fence.

Either that or it's likely to be a late decision.

I presume the decisions have been made as all training has been suspended whilst work is being carried out on the track and safety fence.

Either that or it's likely to be a late decision.

Decision made back in December like it was last year with race suits already measured and ordered. The pop along to the training school is just a money making exercise to exploit the hopes of some riders.

Edited by Sings4Kings

Kent reject signs for Raiders,, I can only think Paul Hurry see,s something in the lad as apparently he is mentoring him,,And you would have to respect his opinion of Connors potential,,Time will tell ...

Kent reject signs for Raiders,, I can only think Paul Hurry see,s something in the lad as apparently he is mentoring him,,And you would have to respect his opinion of Connors potential,,Time will tell ...

good young rider making his name in grasstrack racing - could be a good prospect - kents loss I think

• Like 1