British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hackneyrocket

Raiders 2016

Depends if the criticism is valid, Lets be honest this sounds like bitterness from a man who's club Connor walked away from - not that you can blame him

It doesn't depend though, it has always happened and always will, the validity is another matter in my opinion. As a sportsperson, particularly if you are one who is influenced negatively by criticism, you shouldn't be on forums, Facebook groups etc where you know you may be criticised.

• Like 1

As a sportsperson you should be ready to receive criticism regardless of age or ability. No need to be over dramatic and say that words on a forum hold back careers though.

I'll judge the kid when I see him on a bike personally.

I think the word you missed before criticism is constructive. A lot of criticism on here isn't .
  • Like 3

I don't think he walked away. Kent let him go according to this.

http://www.kentkings.co/news.php?extend.570.1

If you read it in between the lines it means 'Connors family told us they had been offered a full team place and they felt it would benefit him more' Of course a club would try and put rose tinted glasses on the supporters to make it look like they were improving the side.
  • Like 2

I think the word you missed before criticism is constructive. A lot of criticism on here isn't .

No, if you're a sportsperson you have to accept that you'll receive criticism, founded or unfounded. I'm not saying that is right but it is a fact.

pink, PINK ! thats going to be a bugger to wash clean :rofl:

Pink is good. You can easily see them!

Was it Jamie Habbin who wore pink leathers in the early 90's racing for Peterborough?

Jamie Habbin 'The Pink Panther':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIa7CzZ4seU

(Although by 1989, he had moved on to Mildenhall)

Cam Heeps has been known to sport a splash of pink on his bike covers, so you may be seeing a fair bit of it at Hoddesdon this year.

Jamie Habbin 'The Pink Panther':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIa7CzZ4seU

(Although by 1989, he had moved on to Mildenhall)

Cam Heeps has been known to sport a splash of pink on his bike covers, so you may be seeing a fair bit of it at Hoddesdon this year.

you may see a little pink at the start of heat 2, but once filled in on a damp night, not a lot else.

• Like 1

I can never understand why so many British riders don't make the grade when they get encouragement like this from supporters.

As far as I'm aware all NL riders are British ( apart from one or two who have found a loophole ) so those riders who are losing out on team places because management and supporters wish to give their team places away , to the next great white hope grasstracker or Mx rider who fancy a go at speedway . are getting kicked in the teeth and are British . The MDL is the place for untried riders from outside speedway , lets see how many will want to ride when they have to travel the country and actually prove their ability and dedication and finance their travel and racing themselves , the middle order of national league is littered with journeymen MX and grasstrackers who turned their hand to speedway and have got no further . none of them are ever going to make it , but every single one of them will forget speedway when they have had enough and go back to paying out to take part in their original choice of sport sport

Was it Jamie Habbin who wore pink leathers in the early 90's racing for Peterborough?

Sean Wilson had Pink Leathers for a couple of seasons , Sean the Prawn .I have a set of them

• Like 1

As far as I'm aware all NL riders are British ( apart from one or two who have found a loophole ) so those riders who are losing out on team places because management and supporters wish to give their team places away , to the next great white hope grasstracker or Mx rider who fancy a go at speedway . are getting kicked in the teeth and are British . The MDL is the place for untried riders from outside speedway , lets see how many will want to ride when they have to travel the country and actually prove their ability and dedication and finance their travel and racing themselves , the middle order of national league is littered with journeymen MX and grasstrackers who turned their hand to speedway and have got no further . none of them are ever going to make it , but every single one of them will forget speedway when they have had enough and go back to paying out to take part in their original choice of sport sport

Sean Wilson had Pink Leathers for a couple of seasons , Sean the Prawn .I have a set of them

Wow! I don't say this very often but I actually agree with you Simon. I have watched from the outside for the last couple of years now and it does amaze me how promoters are now getting a hard on for anyone from Moto X or Grasstrack who have never even turned a wheel on the shale before. A few years ago promoters were cumming in their pants for anyone from Australia who conveniently had British parents. It does make me chuckle. That aside there does seem to be more riders moving up from the MDL now which is only right but the MDL lads should be getting first pick before places are given to complete novices. I've never raced a speedway bike before but was quite handy on my toy peddle tractor when I was a kid. Anyone fancy giving me a team place? :)

• Like 3

Kenny Bowdery joins the raiders,a grasstracker with very little speedway experience ,,does any one know more about him ??