British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hackneyrocket

Raiders 2016

If it means changes at the top end to keep all three then personally I would make them. Bowtell didn't seem out of his depth in the main team and Hume and Hunter would be a decent reserve pairing to start next season. Think we may see a slightly higher points limit next season, nothing drastic but say 37-38.

I wouldn't be surprised if Alfie Bowtell leaves Rye as Andrew was a big influence on him & he has clearly missed his support. As Andrew is no longer aloud at the stadium I wonder if Kent might be in the pipe line for Alfie?

I wouldn't have Hume, too early for him in National League, a spell in the MDL or amateur leagues would do him good. Spent more times on his backside or in the fence, can't turn the bike properly and can only be a danger to himself and others.

• Like 1

Hume has had plenty of runs in the MDL both last year and this. His style is never going to work on tighter more technical tracks. If he was signed for kings lynn he would bring plenty of points whilst honing his skills for the smaller tracks.

I wouldn't have Hume, too early for him in National League, a spell in the MDL or amateur leagues would do him good. Spent more times on his backside or in the fence, can't turn the bike properly and can only be a danger to himself and others.

Despite putting nearly a point on his average? That's the purpose of the NL for a club like Rye, for their riders to learn. From watching him early in the season compared to how he was going at the end he has been learning and improving. All speedway riders are dangerous if they come off, it's a dangerous sport.

• Like 3

Robs hoping he can be fitted in again, he really enjoyed his time there.

Junior

Hoping Branford is a Rocket for next year, would leave an awfully long tail if he is a Raider assuming the points limit is 38.

Hume, Bowtell and Hunter have to be the first three names on the team sheet. I can see Bowen or Hughes starting as the Raiders' number one, fitting both in would again leave a really long tail.

Would like too see alfie back too, the difference in his riding from the start of the season till the end, massive improvement.

Which is what the nl is for.

Wonder if Branford will be interested now

Is rye running no next year?