British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hackneyrocket

Raiders 2016

Any body getting involved with Rye House now need a check up from the neck up IMO

We're not dealing with speedway people here. It's my belief they had no idea what they were getting into when they bought the club. Slowly but surely the people that ran the place have either left or been dispensed with.

I'm a natural pessimist at the best of times, but the goings on in the last few months have left me even more concerned as to where the club is going.

• Like 1

Are the Raiders definitely entering the 2016 NL?

They seem to be the only club not to have named at least one signing for 2016

Are the Raiders definitely entering the 2016 NL?

They seem to be the only club not to have named at least one signing for 2016

I thought Len Silvers PR was shocking, but this lot aren't any better. Nothing on social media at all since the end of the season directly from the club. The Rockets line up came via the local rag

From the SpeedwayGB Twitter

"Belle Vue and the Isle of Wight join all existing NL teams from 2015 meaning we will have 12 clubs in the tier next season."

Presume this means National League racing is back at Rye House, delighted!

• Like 4

They were the last to name anyone last term as well

Yep despite the team being signed by end of December.

From the SpeedwayGB Twitter

"Belle Vue and the Isle of Wight join all existing NL teams from 2015 meaning we will have 12 clubs in the tier next season."

Presume this means National League racing is back at Rye House, delighted!

Great news. Was a little worried about the Raiders this year. Hopefully they get a run out as a youth / developing team and not worry about actual results.

• Like 1

No NLRC at Rye that's a blow.

Needs a change of venue in my opinion.

• Like 2

I agree a new venue is due, the midlands area would suit maybe?, a bigger crowd?

Even though i enjoyed that meeting at rye

I'd start with Bowen and Hughes as our top two with Hume, Bowtell and Hunter filling the bottom three spaces in the side. Then we'd have around 11.6 to sign two more riders.

Bowen's experience in the pits would be fantastic for the younger lads in the team and he'd be a class act at this level.

Bowen is Lens man and is more likely to be at Kent in my opinion..

• Like 1

Im sure I had seen somewhere that Bowen didn't think NL would be viable for him financially? Saying that I think its NL or nothing for him this season.

Bowen is Lens man and is more likely to be at Kent in my opinion..

Owned by Rye and not Len though. He'd be an ideal number one for Kent really, a lot of experience and an average about a point less than Ben at this level.

Would be happy with Ben or Luke as the Raiders' number one, think the other will be at Kent.