British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2016

They are the team we have in place. Once they are all wearing the race jacket and they are riding competitively, it will be like any other season at the Oaktree, we will get behind them, they will be defended by us, the supporters, through anything they do and above all, we will want them to do well in their own right. We have got until March 18th to get used to having this team, new and present members together. COME ON YOU REBELS !!!

• Like 1

Tongue in cheek.??

Fingers Crossed !!!

Come on guys lets give the lads a chance,the new boys don't want to read about all the negative stuff from the rebels fans.

Pretty much every season Somerset look strong on paper and generally deliver.

This side looks pretty weak on paper compared to others and it may turn out to struggle but if I were a Rebels fan I'd be clambering to get to the Oak Tree as this team is going to produce some cracking racing win, lose or draw. With BWD, Zach and Allen they could yet be anything!

• Like 7

Come on guys lets give the lads a chance,the new boys don't want to read about all the negative stuff from the rebels fans.

But they are not all Somerset fans are they, just wind up merchants.

• Like 2

A very different sort of line up for the Rebels next year,reminds me a bit of the Rebels 2008, the first season without Zorro. A young Doyley was No 1 but on a sub 8 average I think, Emil on 7 point something and then Katty, Werner, Frampton, Walker and eventually Kroger. I think only Doyley and Kramer didn't fill the reserves positions that year. We took the Prem cup that year. Every rider improved his average that season. I think if all goes well we may see a repeat. Josh is a good skipper and he was a top 10 rider last season only slightly behind Brady, who started well but then faded a bit. Tungate needs to get dialled in quicker than than Ritchie did because the onus is going to be on him right from the start. Wrighty and Starky will be the engine room especially at home, and having two of the top NL riders at reserve is a bonus, both lads had a look at the OTA earlier in the season. If Jake Allen can have a first season like Kurtz and Holder,that will also be a plus. Lots of talk on here about BWD not achieving a five average, but if Jake can achieve a seven ,jobs a goodun.

I think Gary may tinker with the line up for home / away fixtures. I'd go with Wrighty at five for the early home games with Tungate at three, and the reverse for away games. Starkey at four and Allen in at two with Josh.

Really looking forward to next season and hopefully get a few more matches in this time as last season was a disaster lol.

A very Merry Christmas to all supporters and riders.

• Like 6

If you read my post at the top of the page I think you'll find I am right behind them !!!

Jenga is one of our biggest!!

biggest what ? lol.

biggest what ? lol.

Wind-up Merchant !!!

but we all love it really .no harm in posting . zumersex is on of my favorite away team threads ,along with peterborrow . you get a bit of reasonable banter from them . ippo are a strange bunch but worth a post now and again . i would like to pay a visit to the old oak tree sometime , just to experience the whole somerset thing . maybe next season .who knows .

• Like 1

but we all love it really .no harm in posting . zumersex is on of my favorite away team threads ,along with peterborrow . you get a bit of reasonable banter from them . ippo are a strange bunch but worth a post now and again . i would like to pay a visit to the old oak tree sometime , just to experience the whole somerset thing . maybe next season .who knows .

So haven't you got a Home Team thread to pester ???!!!

Edited by Aroundtheboards

haa, haa.

So haven't you got a Home Team thread to pester ???!!!

have a look on the workington B.S.F. thread and the unofficial (official)comets w/site . the only ones i dont go on are the speedway updates/faceach and tw4tter .