British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2016

Firstly, apologies

Secondly, can I claim Tai as a Rockets world champion?

i have no problem with that claim as long as we can say peter kildeman was a gp winner and former workington rider .

i have no problem with that claim as long as we can say peter kildeman was a gp winner and former workington rider .

Yeah, of course you can

Well, if you guys are claiming Kildemand and Woffinden as reps of PL sides, I will claim Jarek Hampel as Ipswich's rep.

What, injured you say, and missing the first part of the season? Perfect rep for the Witches then....

EDIT: meant to say how pleased I am with Romance's early season form for the Rebs. He was always going to go well at home as the OTA suits his riding style well, and it should help build his, sometimes fragile, confidence up and boost his form on his less favourite away circuits. A happy, confident Chewi is a very fast and stylish speedway rider. I've been very impressed with the way he handled the two meetings against his former club and the professional manner he has commented on social media. Well done Rohan, keep it going buddy.

Edited by macca56
  • Like 1

i have just got to say that my post was made in jest . it was a follow up of a somerset fan who posted that somerset were reaching new heights with doyle doing the gp.s last year , even though doyle was not part of the rebels team . it was a bit of phishing on my behalf . now carl stonehewer is a different thing , riding for workington and being in the gp,s at the same time .

so it looks like most teams have connections with riders in the gp system at most clubs ..

as i said , just phishing . ,, must have the wrong bait on .lol.

• Like 1

as i said , just phishing . ,, must have the wrong bait on .lol.

Is there an off season in your fishing world?

• Like 1

not really shads , at it all the time . the phishing i mean ..

anyhow , off to put some bait up for me , not the fish .

Edited by jenga

I think when it comes to PL/NL teams having pride in their ex-riders going on to greater things that the likes of Newcastle (N.Pedersen), Isle of Wight (C.Holder), oh and Rye House (Tai something) might have higher bragging rights.

• Like 1

I think when it comes to PL/NL teams having pride in their ex-riders going on to greater things that the likes of Newcastle (N.Pedersen), Isle of Wight (C.Holder), oh and Rye House (Tai something) might have higher bragging rights.

Also Newcastle can boast 3 former world champions that were in there ranks(Ole Olsen, Ivan Mauger, and Anders Michanek.)

• Like 1

Pretty sure Rye House can also claim Tommy Price and Freddie Williams at least their early development

Also Newcastle can boast 3 former world champions that were in there ranks(Ole Olsen, Ivan Mauger, and Anders Michanek.)

Not forgetting Brian Andersen, Bjarne Pedersen and Kennet Bjerre.

What a staggering result tonight at Plymouth! Even with the poor season Brady seems to be having, to turn them over like that takes some doing.

Jake Allen has been great all year but his form seems to have taken an even greater leap over the past few weeks. Great to see.

Onto the semi finals of the league cup we go....

• Like 4

What a staggering result tonight at Plymouth! Even with the poor season Brady seems to be having, to turn them over like that takes some doing.

Jake Allen has been great all year but his form seems to have taken an even greater leap over the past few weeks. Great to see.

Onto the semi finals of the league cup we go....

I had confidence in the team Gazza built from day one although some others didn't share my view but i never thought we would get to July only losing once (and that was a meeting they could have easily won too)! Top effort from the whole team, long 'May' it continue. :t:

• Like 3

And N. Pedersen!